|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Personals: On Keeping a Notebook.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose notebook writing does Didion talk about?
(a) Henry Miller's
(b) Hubert Selby Jr.'s
(c) Her father's
(d) Her own
2. Which movie star does Joan talk about in this chapter?
(a) Cary Grant
(b) John Wayne
(c) Humphrey Bogart
(d) John Ford
3. Where does Didion spend time with Michael?
(a) The Workers Factory
(b) The Workers Batcave
(c) The Workers International Bookstore
(d) The Workers Lounge
4. What happens when Didion looks back at the notes she has written?
(a) She feels creative and starts to write
(b) She can't remember what they refer to
(c) She cannot stop reading them
(d) She becomes nostalgic and cries
5. Upon what do the center's members think they have a large influence?
(b) The political climate
(c) The local district
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is San Bernardino located?
2. Where was the woman with the dirty wrapper sitting?
3. What does Didion ask the reader in this essay?
4. What reason do the two runaways give for leaving home?
5. What was Hughes' job in the film industry?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)