|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Seven Places of the Mind: The Seacoast of Despair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Didion think a notebook is not for?
(a) To read at weddings
(b) To write novels
(c) To keep a factual record
(d) To share
2. What does Didion think she lost when she was not elected Phi Beta Kappa?
(a) Her morals
(b) Her innocence
(c) Her love of life
(d) Her self respect
3. What is Howard Hughes said to be buying up?
(a) The New York Times
(b) The KGB
(c) Las Vegas
4. What was the one thing Baez liked about her job?
(a) Going to parties
(b) Connecting with her audience
(c) Writing songs
(d) Meeting celebrities
5. Why could Didion not become Phi Beta Kappa?
(a) Her grades were not good enough
(b) She had a criminal record
(c) She was too young
(d) Her father was a communist
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Didion try to speak to about the children?
2. What does a person with self respect use their failings to do?
3. Of which musician is this essay a portrait?
4. Didion states that the Donner party reverted to _______________________.
5. What kind of trip does Barbara say she is on?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)