|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Seven Places of the Mind: The Seacoast of Despair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Didion think she wrote the note about the woman?
(a) To remember the woman
(b) To write a story
(c) To remember the day
(d) To remember the way she felt
2. What does Didion think about as she explores the island?
(a) Her grandfather
(b) The rare birds
(c) Her daughter
(d) The history of the prisoners
3. What county board does Baez stand before in this essay?
(c) Orange County
4. What kind of world will a person live in without self respect?
(a) A world of anger and pain
(b) A world where one only hears the screams of the evil dead
(c) A world without love
(d) A world where only their failings matter
5. Where was the gold discovered?
(a) Johann's Ford
(b) Horace River
(c) Sutter's Ford
(d) Formby Farm
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didion say comes with self respect?
2. What were the people invited to the center given?
3. Why does Hughes' building look abandoned?
4. With what does Didion say Sacramento Valley's history started?
5. Didion think Las Vegas weddings make a mockery of __________________________.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)