|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Seven Places of the Mind: The Seacoast of Despair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Didion spend time with Michael?
(a) The Workers Factory
(b) The Workers Batcave
(c) The Workers International Bookstore
(d) The Workers Lounge
2. What is Didion curious to see at the Pearl Harbor memorial?
(a) How people react to death
(b) How Hawaii makes money from the memorial
(c) Soldier's ages
(d) How the authorities perserve the memorial
3. Which of the following words does Didion use to describe self respect?
4. What is the name of the street Hughes lives on?
5. What happened when the gold was discovered?
(a) A town was constructed
(b) Fights and murders
(c) Mass immigration to the area
(d) A fort was built around the town
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Hughes live?
2. What center does this essay address?
3. Didion's family refers to her husband as __________________.
4. What does Didion find the island to be?
5. What does Didion feel trapped between when she visits her family?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)