|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Seven Places of the Mind: The Seacoast of Despair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Didion initially shocked that Wayne could develop cancer?
(a) He was not a real person
(b) He was a film star
(c) He was too strong
(d) He was too young
2. What was Hughes said to have called his business associates?
(c) His buddies
(d) His brothers
3. Who was the only one on set who it is said did not make his/her opinions known?
(a) John Wayne
(b) Dean Martin
(c) John Ford
(d) Mae West
4. What does Didion feel trapped between when she visits her family?
(a) Her daughter and her husband
(b) Her husband and her family
(c) Her daughter and her son
(d) Her daughter and her family
5. With what illness was Wayne diagnosed?
(c) Brain tumor
Short Answer Questions
1. Didion's family refers to her husband as __________________.
2. Which movie star does Joan talk about in this chapter?
3. Who does Didion try to speak to about the children?
4. Baez carves her career as ______________.
5. What kind of trip does Barbara say she is on?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)