|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Seven Places of the Mind: The Seacoast of Despair.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the whole area when Didion grew up there?
(d) A series of skyscrapers
2. What job did Didion's great-great-grandfather do in Hawaii?
(d) Slave runner
3. What city does this essay discuss?
(a) Las Vegas
(b) New Orleans
(c) New York
4. Didion is more impressed with Baez's __________ than with Baez as a person.
5. What is the title of this essay?
(a) Surfing in the USSR
(b) California Dreaming
(c) California Girls
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Didion dismiss the center as?
2. What do Baez's neighbors believe the school has done?
3. Who does Didion overhear talking about Las Vegas weddings?
4. Where does Didion visit in this essay?
5. Of what old adage does the area remind Didion?
This section contains 176 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)