|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Seven Places of the Mind: Letter from Paradise, 21' 19' N., 157' 52' W..
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Didion unable to record people's reactions?
(a) She loses her notebook
(b) She is overcome with grief
(c) She loses her pen
(d) She falls ill
2. What does a person with self respect use their failings to do?
(a) Market his/her image
(b) Help others
(c) Put people down
3. What was Hughes' job in the film industry?
(a) Stunt man
(b) Script writer
4. Didion believe her loss of innocence was the beginning of ____________.
(a) Self respect
(b) Self confidence
5. Who is this essay about?
(a) Franklin Roosevelt
(b) Martin Scorcese
(c) Howard Hughes
(d) Humphrey Bogart
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hughes' building look abandoned?
2. What does a person without self respect use his/her failings to do?
3. What kind of world will a person live in without self respect?
4. What island does Didion visit in this essay?
5. In what city does Hughes live?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)