|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
2. What does Dr. Arrieta think Goya should do in Part 2, Scene 3?
3. Why does the voice of Mariquita suggest that Leocadia has the button of an army officer?
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
5. Why can't Dr. Arrieta help Goya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At different points in the play, several characters say, "Is that the way you repay me?" Who says this, to whom, and in what situations? What does this tell you about the way the speaker views himself or herself? Their relationship to other characters? In your essay, analyze this question.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing the spyglass as a symbol between Goya and the King. Examine ways in which their fates are linked, yet held at a distance.
Essay Topic 3
Transformation is an important theme. Does anyone in this play change during the course of the action on stage? If so, who changes, and how?
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)