Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
2. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
3. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
4. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
5. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
Essay Topic 1
Goya experiences an epiphany at the end of the play, when he comes to believe that his own treatment of Leocadia is not unlike the king's treatment of Goya. In your essay, explore this idea. How are the two relationships similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Animals as metaphors are used extensively in this play, and in the Black Paintings. In your essay, list the animals that are used and explain the metaphorical significance of each. You may need to use Internet research, as well as information that is given within the play itself.
Essay Topic 3
Fear is an overarching theme in this play. Select any two characters. Explain how fear motivated their actions, what they did in response to fear, and how the story might have been different if they had been unafraid.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)