|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dr. Arrieta afraid in Part 2, Scene 12?
2. What confuses Dr. Arrieta about Father Duaso's invitation to visit Goya?
3. What is the second reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the King's men?
4. What does Dr. Arrieta call Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
5. When is Father Duaso going again to visit Goya?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This play gives elements of a prolonged confrontation between Goya and King Ferdinand VII. Both characters exhibit strengths and weaknesses. There are many similarities between the two men. In your essay, analyze the elements of their conflict, including the causes and the effect of their disaffection on those around them.
Essay Topic 2
Throughout history, Christians have persecuted others in the name of Jesus Christ, a result which seems strange considering his teachings of love and tolerance. Write an essay explaining your theory of how a scene such as you read in Part Two, Scene Four, could happen in Jesus' name.
Essay Topic 3
In a brief essay, rewrite the entire story of the play as it would be told by Gumersinda. How would she feel about Leocadia? Goya? King Ferdinand? What would look to her to be the causes of the conflict? How different is the story when looked at from her point of view?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)