|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
2. What is Father Duaso's first excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
3. At the end of Part 2, Scene 3, what does Dr. Arrieta quote Goya as saying?
4. What does Father Duaso decide to do about his visit to Goya?
5. Why does Leocadia say she accepted the button?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goya places great faith in the Bird-Men, people he believes to have conquered flight and to live in a more harmonious, advanced civilization. In an essay, explain what Goya wants them to do, who he thinks they are, and where he believes they come from. If they symbolize something, what is it? Support your ideas with quotations from Goya's speeches about them.
Essay Topic 2
At different points in the play, several characters say, "Is that the way you repay me?" Who says this, to whom, and in what situations? What does this tell you about the way the speaker views himself or herself? Their relationship to other characters? In your essay, analyze this question.
Essay Topic 3
Jews have more than once been held accountable for problems in countries where they reside. Russia, Germany, and other countries have persecuted the Jews inside their borders. What is the rationale that led to such persecution? Write an essay detailing your theory and supporting it with research.
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)