|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident at Goya's home does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand?
2. To whom does Goya compare Leocadia in his mind?
3. What does King Ferdinand tell Father Duaso to do to convince Goya to ask the king's pardon?
4. Why is Dr. Arrieta afraid in Part 2, Scene 12?
5. What is Father Duaso's first excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goya experiences an epiphany at the end of the play, when he comes to believe that his own treatment of Leocadia is not unlike the king's treatment of Goya. In your essay, explore this idea. How are the two relationships similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay detailing the impact of this play on you as a reader. What did you learn that you hadn't known before? What ideas were you led to consider that may not have occurred to you before? Was reading the play a pleasant experience? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout history, Christians have persecuted others in the name of Jesus Christ, a result which seems strange considering his teachings of love and tolerance. Write an essay explaining your theory of how a scene such as you read in Part Two, Scene Four, could happen in Jesus' name.
This section contains 1,164 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)