|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would executing Goya cause a scandal?
2. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest that Goya's peaceful state of mind implies?
3. What does Goya produce that stops Leocadia from doing more in Part 2, Scene 2?
4. What else does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing?
5. What is Dr. Arrieta's opinion of Goya's current state in Part 2, Scene 3?
Essay Topic 1
Fear is an overarching theme in this play. Select any two characters. Explain how fear motivated their actions, what they did in response to fear, and how the story might have been different if they had been unafraid.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Buero-Vallejo's "immersion technique" for someone who has never heard of it. Explain the technical effects, both auditory and visual, giving examples. Include your own responses to the technique and your evaluation of its effectiveness as compelling theater.
Essay Topic 3
Goya says that the walls where he painted the Black Paintings "ooze fear." He says that he painted the things he feared. Select one of the paintings to explain what Goya might have feared when he painted it. Be sure to include the personal and or political situation that might have created the fear he expressed.
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)