Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
2. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
3. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
4. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
5. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
Essay Topic 1
An author may write to inform, persuade, or entertain his readers. Write an essay telling what you think Buero-Vallejo's purpose was in creating this play. What about it is universal? What theme do you think the playwright was addressing? Do you think Buero-Vallejo has met his goal?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout history, Christians have persecuted others in the name of Jesus Christ, a result which seems strange considering his teachings of love and tolerance. Write an essay explaining your theory of how a scene such as you read in Part Two, Scene Four, could happen in Jesus' name.
Essay Topic 3
Goya's last speech in the play is to look at Leocadia and say, "I'll never know." Do you think you know Leocadia's true position and character? Using evidence from the play, support your thesis about the kind of woman Leocadia actually was.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)