|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Goya react to Father Duaso's offer to intercede for him?
2. When is Father Duaso going again to visit Goya?
3. Why is Dr. Arrieta afraid in Part 2, Scene 12?
4. What confuses Dr. Arrieta about Father Duaso's invitation to visit Goya?
5. What decision does Dr. Arrieta present to Father Duaso?
Essay Topic 1
Goya experiences an epiphany at the end of the play, when he comes to believe that his own treatment of Leocadia is not unlike the king's treatment of Goya. In your essay, explore this idea. How are the two relationships similar? How are they different?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is an overarching theme in this play. Select any two characters. Explain how fear motivated their actions, what they did in response to fear, and how the story might have been different if they had been unafraid.
Essay Topic 3
In a brief essay, rewrite the entire story of the play as it would be told by Gumersinda. How would she feel about Leocadia? Goya? King Ferdinand? What would look to her to be the causes of the conflict? How different is the story when looked at from her point of view?
This section contains 1,144 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)