|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
2. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
3. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
4. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
5. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
Essay Topic 1
Transformation is an important theme. Does anyone in this play change during the course of the action on stage? If so, who changes, and how?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay discussing the spyglass as a symbol between Goya and the King. Examine ways in which their fates are linked, yet held at a distance.
Essay Topic 3
What forces - personal and political - caused Goya to paint the Black Paintings? Do you believe he was motivated more by the chaos in his own mind or the chaos in his country? Do you believe he intended the paintings to be seen by others or not? Support your thesis with evidence from the play.
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)