|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the king's men?
2. What do the unnamed women's voices suggest that Goya do?
3. What realization comes to Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's solution?
5. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the Masons? What about their teachings has caused them to be targeted for persecution? Learn what you can about this group and write an explanatory essay.
Essay Topic 2
An author may write to inform, persuade, or entertain his readers. Write an essay telling what you think Buero-Vallejo's purpose was in creating this play. What about it is universal? What theme do you think the playwright was addressing? Do you think Buero-Vallejo has met his goal?
Essay Topic 3
At different points in the play, several characters say, "Is that the way you repay me?" Who says this, to whom, and in what situations? What does this tell you about the way the speaker views himself or herself? Their relationship to other characters? In your essay, analyze this question.
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)