|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
2. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
3. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
4. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
5. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay discussing the spyglass as a symbol between Goya and the King. Examine ways in which their fates are linked, yet held at a distance.
Essay Topic 2
A great work of literature needs to have elements of universality. If you are not a great painter who has lost his hearing or his political security, you are not like Goya in those ways. And yet Dr. Arrieta tells Goya that we are all deaf and deserving of pity. In your essay, explain what you think Dr. Arrieta meant, tell whether you agree with him, and explain why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
An author may write to inform, persuade, or entertain his readers. Write an essay telling what you think Buero-Vallejo's purpose was in creating this play. What about it is universal? What theme do you think the playwright was addressing? Do you think Buero-Vallejo has met his goal?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)