|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leocadia say she accepted the button?
2. What confuses Dr. Arrieta about Father Duaso's invitation to visit Goya?
3. Why does the voice of Mariquita suggest that Leocadia has the button of an army officer?
4. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
5. How does Leocadia respond to Goya's accusations?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the Masons? What about their teachings has caused them to be targeted for persecution? Learn what you can about this group and write an explanatory essay.
Essay Topic 2
Jews have more than once been held accountable for problems in countries where they reside. Russia, Germany, and other countries have persecuted the Jews inside their borders. What is the rationale that led to such persecution? Write an essay detailing your theory and supporting it with research.
Essay Topic 3
A great work of literature needs to have elements of universality. If you are not a great painter who has lost his hearing or his political security, you are not like Goya in those ways. And yet Dr. Arrieta tells Goya that we are all deaf and deserving of pity. In your essay, explain what you think Dr. Arrieta meant, tell whether you agree with him, and explain why or why not.
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)