|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goya think Leocadia is no longer afraid?
2. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
3. What is Father Duaso's second excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
4. Where does Mariquita's voice tell Goya buttons are given as presents?
5. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In a brief essay, rewrite the entire story of the play as it would be told by Gumersinda. How would she feel about Leocadia? Goya? King Ferdinand? What would look to her to be the causes of the conflict? How different is the story when looked at from her point of view?
Essay Topic 2
At different points in the play, several characters say, "Is that the way you repay me?" Who says this, to whom, and in what situations? What does this tell you about the way the speaker views himself or herself? Their relationship to other characters? In your essay, analyze this question.
Essay Topic 3
Jews have more than once been held accountable for problems in countries where they reside. Russia, Germany, and other countries have persecuted the Jews inside their borders. What is the rationale that led to such persecution? Write an essay detailing your theory and supporting it with research.
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)