|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
2. What question does Father Duaso ask Dr. Arrieta as they leave to visit Goya?
3. When is Father Duaso going again to visit Goya?
4. Why does the voice of Mariquita suggest that Leocadia has the button of an army officer?
5. What decision does Dr. Arrieta present to Father Duaso?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is an overarching theme in this play. Select any two characters. Explain how fear motivated their actions, what they did in response to fear, and how the story might have been different if they had been unafraid.
Essay Topic 2
Goya places great faith in the Bird-Men, people he believes to have conquered flight and to live in a more harmonious, advanced civilization. In an essay, explain what Goya wants them to do, who he thinks they are, and where he believes they come from. If they symbolize something, what is it? Support your ideas with quotations from Goya's speeches about them.
Essay Topic 3
Jews have more than once been held accountable for problems in countries where they reside. Russia, Germany, and other countries have persecuted the Jews inside their borders. What is the rationale that led to such persecution? Write an essay detailing your theory and supporting it with research.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)