|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does King Ferdinand instruct Father Duaso to make his visit to Goya?
2. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
3. What does King Ferdinand tell Father Duaso to do to convince Goya to ask the king's pardon?
4. Why does Goya tell Father Duaso he will not ask King Ferdinand's pardon?
5. What news does Dr. Arrieta give Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Transformation is an important theme. Does anyone in this play change during the course of the action on stage? If so, who changes, and how?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the play, Goya arrives at more than one startling conclusion about himself and his fellow man. Write an essay explaining what those conclusions are, and what prompted Goya to realize them.
Essay Topic 3
An author may write to inform, persuade, or entertain his readers. Write an essay telling what you think Buero-Vallejo's purpose was in creating this play. What about it is universal? What theme do you think the playwright was addressing? Do you think Buero-Vallejo has met his goal?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)