|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What incident at Goya's home does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand?
2. Why can't Dr. Arrieta help Goya?
3. How does Father Duaso describe Goya's paintings on the walls of his house?
4. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
5. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1Write an essay discussing the spyglass as a symbol between Goya and the King. Examine ways in which their fates are linked, yet held at a distance.
Essay Topic 2In a brief essay, rewrite the entire story of the play as it would be told by Gumersinda. How would she feel about Leocadia? Goya? King Ferdinand? What would look to her to be the causes of the conflict? How different is the story when looked at from her point of view?
Essay Topic 3At the end of the play, Goya arrives at more than one startling conclusion about himself and his fellow man. Write an essay explaining what those conclusions are, and what prompted Goya to realize them.
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)