|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Part 2, Scene 3, how long has it been since Goya wrote to Martin Zapater?
2. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta think King Ferdinand will not execute Goya?
4. What solution does Father Duaso offer for Goya's dilemma?
5. What realization comes to Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Goya places great faith in the Bird-Men, people he believes to have conquered flight and to live in a more harmonious, advanced civilization. In an essay, explain what Goya wants them to do, who he thinks they are, and where he believes they come from. If they symbolize something, what is it? Support your ideas with quotations from Goya's speeches about them.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Buero-Vallejo's "immersion technique" for someone who has never heard of it. Explain the technical effects, both auditory and visual, giving examples. Include your own responses to the technique and your evaluation of its effectiveness as compelling theater.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay discussing the spyglass as a symbol between Goya and the King. Examine ways in which their fates are linked, yet held at a distance.
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)