|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
2. What does the voice of Mariquita first tell Goya has happened?
3. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest that Goya's peaceful state of mind implies?
4. How does Father Duaso describe Goya's paintings on the walls of his house?
5. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's solution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What forces - personal and political - caused Goya to paint the Black Paintings? Do you believe he was motivated more by the chaos in his own mind or the chaos in his country? Do you believe he intended the paintings to be seen by others or not? Support your thesis with evidence from the play.
Essay Topic 2
Jews have more than once been held accountable for problems in countries where they reside. Russia, Germany, and other countries have persecuted the Jews inside their borders. What is the rationale that led to such persecution? Write an essay detailing your theory and supporting it with research.
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the play, Goya arrives at more than one startling conclusion about himself and his fellow man. Write an essay explaining what those conclusions are, and what prompted Goya to realize them.
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)