Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
2. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
3. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
4. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
5. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
Essay Topic 1
Goya's last speech in the play is to look at Leocadia and say, "I'll never know." Do you think you know Leocadia's true position and character? Using evidence from the play, support your thesis about the kind of woman Leocadia actually was.
Essay Topic 2
An author may write to inform, persuade, or entertain his readers. Write an essay telling what you think Buero-Vallejo's purpose was in creating this play. What about it is universal? What theme do you think the playwright was addressing? Do you think Buero-Vallejo has met his goal?
Essay Topic 3
At different points in the play, several characters say, "Is that the way you repay me?" Who says this, to whom, and in what situations? What does this tell you about the way the speaker views himself or herself? Their relationship to other characters? In your essay, analyze this question.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)