|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Dr. Arrieta present to Father Duaso?
2. in Part 2, Scene 3, how long has it been since Goya wrote to Martin Zapater?
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta think King Ferdinand will not execute Goya?
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
5. What does Dr. Arrieta call Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout history, Christians have persecuted others in the name of Jesus Christ, a result which seems strange considering his teachings of love and tolerance. Write an essay explaining your theory of how a scene such as you read in Part Two, Scene Four, could happen in Jesus' name.
Essay Topic 2
Transformation is an important theme. Does anyone in this play change during the course of the action on stage? If so, who changes, and how?
Essay Topic 3
Goya says that the walls where he painted the Black Paintings "ooze fear." He says that he painted the things he feared. Select one of the paintings to explain what Goya might have feared when he painted it. Be sure to include the personal and or political situation that might have created the fear he expressed.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)