Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King Ferdinand dislike Masons?
2. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
3. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
4. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
5. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What choice does Mariquita's voice offer to Goya in Part 2, Scene 2?
2. In what has Goya defied King Ferdinand?
3. Why does Goya hesitate to open Martin Zapater's letter?
4. Does Goya know that the meowing he hears is an auditory hallucination?
5. To what animals does Goya compare Leocadia and Gumersinda during their conversation?
6. What is the Green Book?
7. Why does Dr. Arrieta hesitate to frighten Goya?
8. What evidence does Goya have that Leocadia has been unfaithful to him?
9. Why does Goya call the horrifying scene of the Royal Volunteers attacking his home a "comedy?"
10. Why does Leocadia take Goya's dementia personally?
What forces - personal and political - caused Goya to paint the Black Paintings? Do you believe he was motivated more by the chaos in his own mind or the chaos in his country? Do you believe he intended the paintings to be seen by others or not? Support your thesis with evidence from the play.
At the end of the play, Goya arrives at more than one startling conclusion about himself and his fellow man. Write an essay explaining what those conclusions are, and what prompted Goya to realize them.
Jews have more than once been held accountable for problems in countries where they reside. Russia, Germany, and other countries have persecuted the Jews inside their borders. What is the rationale that led to such persecution? Write an essay detailing your theory and supporting it with research.
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)