|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Green Book?
2. Why does Dr. Arrieta determine that Leocadia is nervous and distraught?
3. Why did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
4. Where is Leocadia in Goya's painting?
5. Where did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you believe that Leocadia has been unfaithful to Goya with the sergeant of the Royal Volunteers? Why or why not?
2. Why does Goya call the horrifying scene of the Royal Volunteers attacking his home a "comedy?"
3. How is Goya's situation with King Ferdinand impossible?
4. What convinces King Ferdinand of Father Duaso's friendship for Goya?
5. What evidence does Goya give that he recognizes that his family is in danger?
6. Goya's nightmare is interrupted by knocking. Who has come, and who does Goya hope has come, to the door?
7. What quality does Father Duaso display when questioned by King Ferdinand about Goya?
8. What choice does Mariquita's voice offer to Goya in Part 2, Scene 2?
9. What evidence does Goya have that Leocadia has been unfaithful to him?
10. What is the theme of Goya's nightmare trial?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
An author may write to inform, persuade, or entertain his readers. Write an essay telling what you think Buero-Vallejo's purpose was in creating this play. What about it is universal? What theme do you think the playwright was addressing? Do you think Buero-Vallejo has met his goal?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the Masons? What about their teachings has caused them to be targeted for persecution? Learn what you can about this group and write an explanatory essay.
Essay Topic 3
Transformation is an important theme. Does anyone in this play change during the course of the action on stage? If so, who changes, and how?
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)