|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's solution?
(a) King Ferdinand has never been know to forgive an offense.
(b) King Ferdinand does not trust Father Duaso.
(c) King Ferdinand has already forgiven Goya.
(d) King Ferdinand will not believe Goya's apology.
2. Why would executing Goya cause a scandal?
(a) Goya has powerful friends.
(b) Goya's loyalty to the throne is well-known.
(c) Goya's a renowed artist uninvolved in politics.
(d) Goya's new paintings are popular.
3. What does King Ferdinand suspect Dr. Arrieta of being?
(a) A comunero.
(b) A Mason.
(c) A Jew.
(d) A liberal.
4. Where do Goya and Father Duaso both come from?
5. Why does the voice of Mariquita suggest that Leocadia has the button of an army officer?
(a) The button is a secret signal between the officer and Leocadia.
(b) The officer gave Leocadia the button for a present.
(c) The button is a talisman to keep the house safe.
(d) The button came off, and Leocadia offered to sew it back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Dr. Arrieta give Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
2. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
3. in Part 2, Scene 1, what does Father Duaso offer to do for King Ferdinand?
4. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
5. What is Father Duaso's first excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)