|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does King Ferdinand infer that Father Duaso is Goya's friend?
(a) Father Duaso makes excuses for Goya's behavior.
(b) Father Duaso is from Aragon.
(c) Father Duaso visits Goya.
(d) Father Duaso speaks of his admiration for Goya.
2. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest that Goya's peaceful state of mind implies?
(b) Inner peace.
(c) Declining technical skill.
(d) A clear conscience.
3. What confuses Dr. Arrieta about Father Duaso's invitation to visit Goya?
(a) What does Father Duaso want to talk to Dr. Arrieta about?
(b) Why they can't go until after 8:00.
(c) Why is Dr. Arrieta invited to accompany Father Duaso?
(d) What message does Father Duaso have for Goya?
4. Why does the voice of Mariquita suggest that Leocadia has the button of an army officer?
(a) The button came off, and Leocadia offered to sew it back.
(b) The button is a secret signal between the officer and Leocadia.
(c) The officer gave Leocadia the button for a present.
(d) The button is a talisman to keep the house safe.
5. What does King Ferdinand tell Father Duaso to do to convince Goya to ask the king's pardon?
(a) Stress the joy of King Ferdinand's favor.
(b) Stress King Ferdinand's real affection for Goya.
(c) Stress the risk Goya is running.
(d) Stress the safety Goya will find in compliance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What solution does Father Duaso offer for Goya's dilemma?
2. What do the unnamed women's voices suggest that Goya do?
3. What does Leocadia tell Goya will happen to the button?
4. What does Goya learn from Leocadia about the postman?
5. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)