|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why would executing Goya cause a scandal?
(a) Goya has powerful friends.
(b) Goya's loyalty to the throne is well-known.
(c) Goya's new paintings are popular.
(d) Goya's a renowed artist uninvolved in politics.
2. What solution does Father Duaso offer for Goya's dilemma?
(a) Father Duaso will go with Goya to apologize to the king.
(b) Father Duaso will help Goya escape to France.
(c) Father Duaso will plead with the king on Goya's behalf.
(d) Father Duaso will help Goya barricade the house.
3. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
(a) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace.
(b) King Ferdinand had ordered Goya to leave the country.
(c) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace unless summoned.
(d) King Ferdinand had given Goya free reign to paint according to his own muse.
4. What incident at Goya's home does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand?
(a) Goya had a fight with Leocadia.
(b) Someone painted a cross and wrote the word "heretic" on his door.
(c) Goya painted strange and ugly depictions on the wall.
(d) There was a disagreement between Leocadia and Gumersinda.
5. What question does Father Duaso ask Dr. Arrieta as they leave to visit Goya?
(a) Is Goya very ill?
(b) Are those paintings any good?
(c) Does King Ferdinand know we are going?
(d) Does Goya know we are coming?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Goya appear when Leocadia sees him in Part 2, Scene 2?
2. What tricks is Goya's mind playing on him as he talks with Leocadia?
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta worry about intervening in Goya's life?
4. What rumor is circulating about Father Duaso?
5. What realization comes to Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)