|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor is circulating about Father Duaso?
(a) That he intercepted Goya's letter.
(b) That he is King Ferdinand's operative.
(c) That he is hiding endangered countrymen.
(d) That he is King Ferdinand's executioner.
2. Why does Goya tell Father Duaso he will not ask King Ferdinand's pardon?
(a) Goya believes King Ferdinand should ask pardon first.
(b) Goya does not believe he has done anything wrong.
(c) Goya has already asked pardon.
(d) Goya does not recognize the regency of King Ferdinand.
3. How does King Ferdinand infer that Father Duaso is Goya's friend?
(a) Father Duaso is from Aragon.
(b) Father Duaso visits Goya.
(c) Father Duaso speaks of his admiration for Goya.
(d) Father Duaso makes excuses for Goya's behavior.
4. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
5. Why does the voice of Mariquita suggest that Leocadia has the button of an army officer?
(a) The button is a secret signal between the officer and Leocadia.
(b) The button came off, and Leocadia offered to sew it back.
(c) The button is a talisman to keep the house safe.
(d) The officer gave Leocadia the button for a present.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confuses Dr. Arrieta about Father Duaso's invitation to visit Goya?
2. What does Goya say is causing him to hear voices?
3. What does King Ferdinand suspect Dr. Arrieta of being?
4. What does Dr. Arrieta say would satisfy King Ferdinand's desire for revenge on Goya?
5. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)