|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Dr. Arrieta afraid in Part 2, Scene 12?
(a) Dr. Arrieta is worried for Goya's welfare.
(b) Dr. Arrieta has been placed under arrest.
(c) Someone has painted a cross on Dr. Arrieta's door.
(d) Dr. Arrieta is concerned about the future of Spain.
2. Why does the voice of Mariquita suggest that Leocadia has the button of an army officer?
(a) The button is a talisman to keep the house safe.
(b) The officer gave Leocadia the button for a present.
(c) The button is a secret signal between the officer and Leocadia.
(d) The button came off, and Leocadia offered to sew it back.
3. Why does Leocadia say she accepted the button?
(a) From curiosity.
(b) From love.
(c) From fear.
(d) From greed.
4. In Part 2, Scene 3, who are Goya's friends?
(a) King Ferdinand and Calomerde.
(b) Father Duaso and Calomerde.
(c) Martin Zapater and Gumersinda.
(d) Dr. Arrieta and Father Duaso.
5. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
(a) King Ferdinand had ordered Goya to leave the country.
(b) King Ferdinand had given Goya free reign to paint according to his own muse.
(c) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace.
(d) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace unless summoned.
Short Answer Questions
1. What realization comes to Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
2. What does Goya learn when he receives a letter from Martin Zapater?
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta think King Ferdinand will not execute Goya?
4. What does King Ferdinand tell Father Duaso to do to convince Goya to ask the king's pardon?
5. What is the first reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the king's men?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)