|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Father Duaso's first excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
(a) Goya is afraid he can't paint to King Ferdinand's taste.
(b) Goya is losing his sight.
(c) Goya believes himself to be in decline.
(d) Goya believes Vicente Lopez is a better painter.
2. What does King Ferdinand suspect Dr. Arrieta of being?
(a) A comunero.
(b) A Mason.
(c) A liberal.
(d) A Jew.
3. What solution does Father Duaso offer for Goya's dilemma?
(a) Father Duaso will go with Goya to apologize to the king.
(b) Father Duaso will help Goya barricade the house.
(c) Father Duaso will help Goya escape to France.
(d) Father Duaso will plead with the king on Goya's behalf.
4. What is Father Duaso's second excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
(a) Goya is losing his sight.
(b) Goya believes Vicente Lopez is a better painter.
(c) Goya is afraid he can't paint to King Ferdinand's taste.
(d) Goya believes himself to be in decline.
5. Why does Goya think Leocadia is no longer afraid?
(a) She has brought the children home.
(b) She no longer speaks of leaving.
(c) She has stopped crying.
(d) She whistles while she works.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Scene 3, who are Goya's friends?
2. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
3. What inquiry does King Ferdinand make as to Goya's state of mind in Part 2, Scene 1?
4. How does Father Duaso describe Goya's paintings on the walls of his house?
5. in Part 2, Scene 1, what does Father Duaso offer to do for King Ferdinand?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)