|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. in Part 2, Scene 1, what does Father Duaso offer to do for King Ferdinand?
(a) Plead with Goya to denounce Masons.
(b) Plead with Goya to leave the country.
(c) Plead with Goya to prostrate himself before the throne.
(d) Plead with Goya to paint the King's portrait.
2. Why does Dr. Arrieta worry about intervening in Goya's life?
(a) What if the present turmoil is the source of Goya's inspiration?
(b) What if Goya is unable to paint if he is well?
(c) What if saving him will make Goya stop painting?
(d) What if his smudges are actually great works?
3. What does King Ferdinand suspect Dr. Arrieta of being?
(a) A Mason.
(b) A liberal.
(c) A comunero.
(d) A Jew.
4. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
(a) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace unless summoned.
(b) King Ferdinand had ordered Goya to leave the country.
(c) King Ferdinand had given Goya free reign to paint according to his own muse.
(d) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace.
5. What confuses Dr. Arrieta about Father Duaso's invitation to visit Goya?
(a) Why they can't go until after 8:00.
(b) Why is Dr. Arrieta invited to accompany Father Duaso?
(c) What message does Father Duaso have for Goya?
(d) What does Father Duaso want to talk to Dr. Arrieta about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
2. What is the first reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the king's men?
3. What do the unnamed women's voices suggest that Goya do?
4. What is the second reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the King's men?
5. How does Father Duaso describe Goya's paintings on the walls of his house?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)