|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
(a) A standing decree.
(b) An outdated decree.
(c) A joke.
(d) A misunderstanding.
2. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
(a) She is cheerful.
(b) She is calmer and more relaxed.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is weary and disheveled.
3. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
4. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
(a) Come to the court.
(b) Ask pardon.
(c) Demonstrate contrition.
(d) Paint King Ferdinand's portrait.
5. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
(a) He should be shot.
(b) He should be imprisoned.
(c) He should be hanged.
(d) He should be exiled.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Dr. Arrieta say that saving Goya might destroy him?
2. What does Goya learn when he receives a letter from Martin Zapater?
3. What does Goya say is causing him to hear voices?
4. How does Goya appear when Leocadia sees him in Part 2, Scene 2?
5. To whom does Goya compare Leocadia in his mind?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)