|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Goya done with his estate?
(a) Willed it to his family in equal shares.
(b) Willed it to his grandson, Marianito.
(c) Willed it to Leocadia.
(d) Willed it to his daughter, Mariquita.
2. Where does Gumersinda want to celebrate Christmas?
(a) In France.
(b) At Goya's house.
(c) At Gumersinda's house.
(d) At the Costa del Sol.
3. Where is Leocadia in Goya's painting?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) In a bedroom.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a kitchen.
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta want to protect Goya from information about King Ferdinand's decrees?
(a) He is worried that Goya will do something violent.
(b) He is worried that fear may jeopardize his health.
(c) He is afraid that Goya won't believe him.
(d) He is afraid that Goya will attack the king.
5. What does King Ferdinand think needlework would do for his subjects?
(a) Make them more docile.
(b) Make them more creative.
(c) Make them more disciplined.
(d) Make them more interesting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Leocadia think Goya is demented?
2. What is the only subject Dr. Arrieta is willing to discuss with Father Duaso?
3. What does Leocadia want Dr. Arrieta to do?
4. How long has Goya been deaf?
5. For what was Riego executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Goya without anyone who can take him in?
2. Which of the dream figures has the most power over Goya, and what do you make of that fact?
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta hesitate to frighten Goya?
4. What is Dr. Arrieta's theory in Part 2, Scene 3 of King Ferdinand's plan for Goya?
5. What did Goya see Leocadia doing behind his back?
6. When King Ferdinand questions Father Duaso's characterization of Goya as "tranquil," Father Duaso goes farther and says that Goya appears "undaunted." Realizing that this description may be an error, how does Father Duaso retreat from what he has said?
7. How did King Ferdinand punish Goya?
8. What evidence does Leocadia offer Dr. Arrieta to show that Goya has lost his mind?
9. What has Goya done with his property that alarms Leocadia?
10. To what animals does Goya compare Leocadia and Gumersinda during their conversation?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)