|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else heard the noise that frightens King Ferdinand?
(b) The guards stationed at the door.
(c) The guards in the courtyard.
2. What does the audience learn about Leocadia's husband from Gumersinda's remarks?
(a) He is patient and hopeful.
(b) He is younger than Goya.
(c) He is infirm.
(d) He is cruel and violent.
3. How has Goya offended Calomarde?
(a) He disclosed Calomarde's secrets.
(b) He portrayed Calomarde as ugly and vicious.
(c) He refused to paint his portrait.
(d) He painted Calomarde's wives.
4. In Part 1, Scene 1, why are King Ferdinand's appointments for tomorrow far apart?
(a) Some participants must attend both meetings.
(b) They must not see each other.
(c) There is a lot to do between meetings.
(d) King Ferdinand needs to nap between meetings.
5. What is the Green Book?
(a) A list of liberals.
(b) King Ferdinand's record of personal wrongs he suffered.
(c) A list of Masons.
(d) King Ferdinand's list of dissenters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
2. Why does Leocadia let Goya go out by himself?
3. What advancement has Father Duaso recently received?
4. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
5. Why does King Ferdinand dislike Masons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What contrast exists between the physical description of King Ferdinand and his activities and speech?
2. How does King Ferdinand evaluate Goya?
3. What does Leocadia lie to Goya about in their first conversation?
4. What do the unnamed women's voices represent in Goya's mind?
5. Why does Dr. Arrieta hesitate to frighten Goya?
6. Why does Goya hesitate to open Martin Zapater's letter?
7. What are possible reasons that Leocadia no longer seems to Goya to be afraid?
8. What is revealed in Part 1, Scene 1 about how King Ferdinand deals with his enemies?
9. What does Dr. Arrieta infer from Father Duaso's statement that they cannot visit Goya until after 8:00?
10. What does Dr. Arrieta say to assure Leocadia that Goya is not mad?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)