|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advancement has Father Duaso recently received?
(a) He's been made abbott.
(b) He's been made chaplain to King Ferdinand.
(c) He's been made archbishop.
(d) He's been made a cardinal.
2. What weapon does Goya keep near him?
(a) A knife.
(b) A mallet.
(c) A sword.
(d) A shotgun.
3. What does Gumersinda say a wife would do for Goya?
(a) Cheer him up.
(b) Make him a cuckold.
(c) Provide him with children.
(d) Invigorate him.
4. What time is Father Duaso to attend King Ferdinand?
(a) Three in the afternoon.
(b) Five in the evening.
(d) Ten in the morning.
5. What kind of subjects does King Ferdinand hope for?
(a) Obedient and frightened.
(b) Fighting cocks.
(c) Loyal and fearless.
(d) Courageous and intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goya say Leocadia is?
2. What was the effect of the Constitution of 1812?
3. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest to help Leocadia?
4. Why is Goya depressed by Gumersinda's visit?
5. Why does Leocadia think Goya is demented?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Father Duaso about Dr. Arrieta's request for help for Goya?
2. What does Dr. Arrieta infer from Father Duaso's statement that they cannot visit Goya until after 8:00?
3. How has Goya offended Calomarde?
4. In the last scene, Goya says, "This is how it happens. It always happens." What does he mean?
5. Father Duaso uses a word to describe Goya that seems entirely out of character with the Goya depicted in this play when he tells King Ferdinand that Goya seems "inoffensive" and "tranquil." What possible motive might Father Duaso have for such a description?
6. How does King Ferdinand ensure that Father Duaso will arrive at Goya's house after the Royal Volunteers?
7. Why does Dr. Arrieta hesitate to frighten Goya?
8. What are possible reasons that Leocadia no longer seems to Goya to be afraid?
9. Does Goya know that the meowing he hears is an auditory hallucination?
10. What does Gumersinda think of Leocadia?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)