|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
(a) For not helping him with his work.
(b) For making fun of him behind his back.
(c) For lying to him.
(d) For not watching the children.
2. What is the Green Book?
(a) King Ferdinand's record of personal wrongs he suffered.
(b) King Ferdinand's list of dissenters.
(c) A list of liberals.
(d) A list of Masons.
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta want to protect Goya from information about King Ferdinand's decrees?
(a) He is worried that Goya will do something violent.
(b) He is worried that fear may jeopardize his health.
(c) He is afraid that Goya will attack the king.
(d) He is afraid that Goya won't believe him.
4. Where does Gumersinda want to celebrate Christmas?
(a) At Goya's house.
(b) At Gumersinda's house.
(c) At the Costa del Sol.
(d) In France.
5. Where does Leocadia want to celebrate Christmas?
(a) At the Costa del Sol.
(b) In France.
(c) At Goya's house.
(d) At Gumersinda's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King Ferdinand refuse to start another Inquisition?
2. What does Leocadia suggest that horrifies Gumersinda?
3. What is the last sound we hear in Part 1, Scene 2?
4. What is the only subject Dr. Arrieta is willing to discuss with Father Duaso?
5. What artifact does Goya keep that is the same as King Ferdinand's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dr. Arrieta infer from Father Duaso's statement that they cannot visit Goya until after 8:00?
2. What is the double meaning of Father Duaso's line, "Heat doesn't agree with me?"
3. How has Goya offended Calomarde?
4. Why is Goya without anyone who can take him in?
5. Father Duaso uses a word to describe Goya that seems entirely out of character with the Goya depicted in this play when he tells King Ferdinand that Goya seems "inoffensive" and "tranquil." What possible motive might Father Duaso have for such a description?
6. How does King Ferdinand know that Goya opposes him?
7. How does King Ferdinand ensure that Father Duaso will arrive at Goya's house after the Royal Volunteers?
8. What choice does Mariquita's voice offer to Goya in Part 2, Scene 2?
9. What evidence does Goya give that he recognizes that his family is in danger?
10. Why do you think Father Duaso doesn't tell Dr. Arrieta that King Ferdinand has forbidden him to visit Goya until after 8:00?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)