|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leocadia want Dr. Arrieta to do?
(a) Persuade Goya to admit wrongdoing.
(b) Persuade Goya to rest more.
(c) Persuade Goya to apologize to the king.
(d) Persuade Goya to go to France.
2. Why was Goya denounced to the Holy Inquisition?
(a) For painting a nude woman.
(b) For insulting King Ferdinand.
(c) For living with another man's wife.
(d) For having children out of wedlock.
3. What was the effect of the Constitution of 1812?
(a) Exiling the dissenters.
(b) Creating a parliament.
(c) Expanding the King's power.
(d) Curtailing the King's power.
4. For what was Riego executed?
(a) Conspiring with France.
(c) Disorderly conduct.
(d) Inciting to riot.
5. How long has Leocadia been with Goya?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
2. How old is Leocadia's son Guillermo?
3. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
4. What does the audience learn about Leocadia's husband from Gumersinda's remarks?
5. What royal decree frightens Leocadia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Goya say he would have to disobey King Ferdinand to pay homage to him?
2. How does Dr. Arrieta offend Father Duaso?
3. Why does Leocadia take Goya's dementia personally?
4. How does King Ferdinand know that Goya opposes him?
5. How is Goya's situation with King Ferdinand impossible?
6. What quality does Father Duaso display when questioned by King Ferdinand about Goya?
7. What evidence does Goya give that he recognizes that his family is in danger?
8. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's plan to persuade Goya to beg the king's pardon?
9. Why does Dr. Arrieta hesitate to frighten Goya?
10. How are King Ferdinand and Goya alike?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)