|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does King Ferdinand refuse to start another Inquisition?
(a) He wants absolute power.
(b) He believes injustices were commited.
(c) He wants to preserve the church's reputation.
(d) He regrets the harm that was done.
2. Why does Goya think Leocadia wants to go to France?
(a) She's bored.
(b) She wants the children to have a better education.
(c) She's anxious to get away from her husband.
(d) She's afraid of King Ferdinand's vengeance.
3. What sound frightens King Ferdinand?
(a) The wind.
(b) A beating heart.
(c) A scream.
(d) A knock at the door.
4. What kind of subjects does King Ferdinand hope for?
(a) Loyal and fearless.
(b) Courageous and intelligent.
(c) Obedient and frightened.
(d) Fighting cocks.
5. What weapon does Goya keep near him?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A mallet.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. Goya tells Dr. Arrieta that Leocadia wants to go to France for what reason?
2. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest to help Leocadia?
3. What does King Ferdinand think needlework would do for his subjects?
4. What does Leocadia call Goya?
5. How does Leocadia evaluate Goya's recent paintings?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Goya call the horrifying scene of the Royal Volunteers attacking his home a "comedy?"
2. Why does Goya say he would have to disobey King Ferdinand to pay homage to him?
3. What choice does Mariquita's voice offer to Goya in Part 2, Scene 2?
4. The imaginary figures that torment Goya say they do so in the name of the priest from Tamajon. Who is the priest from Tamajon?
5. What contrast exists between the physical description of King Ferdinand and his activities and speech?
6. Why does Goya hesitate to open Martin Zapater's letter?
7. How does King Ferdinand evaluate Goya?
8. What is the theme of Goya's nightmare trial?
9. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's plan to persuade Goya to beg the king's pardon?
10. What is the Green Book?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)