Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does King Ferdinand dislike Masons?
(a) They have secrets.
(b) They have liberal aims.
(c) They are anarchists.
(d) They are republicans.
2. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
(a) He studied art.
(b) He studied psychology.
(c) He studied phrenology.
(d) He learned sign language.
3. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
(a) He picks up his pistol.
(b) He hides behind the curtain.
(c) He calls for the guards.
(d) He draws his sword.
4. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
(a) Goya is a vain and foolish man.
(b) Goya is an unskilled and arrogant man.
(c) Goya is a proud and stubborn man.
(d) Goya is a secretive and untrustworthy man.
5. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
(a) He is an enemy to be reckoned with.
(b) He is a fool or a brave man.
(c) He is a disgrace to Spain.
(d) He is a genius or an idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gumersinda admonish Leocadia to show no fear to Goya?
2. What did Goya think the flying men were when he first saw them?
3. What artifact does Goya keep that is the same as King Ferdinand's?
4. How does Leocadia evaluate Goya's recent paintings?
5. What royal decree frightens Leocadia?
Short Essay Questions
1. What choice does Mariquita's voice offer to Goya in Part 2, Scene 2?
2. In what has Goya defied King Ferdinand?
3. Why does Goya hesitate to open Martin Zapater's letter?
4. Does Goya know that the meowing he hears is an auditory hallucination?
5. To what animals does Goya compare Leocadia and Gumersinda during their conversation?
6. What is the Green Book?
7. Why does Dr. Arrieta hesitate to frighten Goya?
8. What evidence does Goya have that Leocadia has been unfaithful to him?
9. Why does Goya call the horrifying scene of the Royal Volunteers attacking his home a "comedy?"
10. Why does Leocadia take Goya's dementia personally?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)