|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
(a) He studied phrenology.
(b) He studied art.
(c) He learned sign language.
(d) He studied psychology.
2. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
(a) He calls for the guards.
(b) He draws his sword.
(c) He hides behind the curtain.
(d) He picks up his pistol.
3. What confidential order does King Ferdinand give Calomarde?
(a) The Royal Volunteers are to come to him tomorrow.
(b) Calomarde is to return to him tomorrow.
(c) Goya is to come to him tomorrow.
(d) Martin Zapater is to come to him tomorrow.
4. What does Leocadia tell Father Duaso her husband has done?
(a) Abandoned her.
(b) Disowned her.
(c) Betrayed her.
(d) Beaten her.
5. How does Goya resolve the controversy between Gumersinda and Leocadia about where to celebrate Christmas?
(a) Goya says he will celebrate at Gumersinda's home.
(b) Goya says he will not celebrate Christmas this year.
(c) Goya says he will celebrate Christmas in France.
(d) Goya says he will not celebrate away from his own home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a Comunero?
2. What did Goya think the flying men were when he first saw them?
3. How does Leocadia believe Goya's family feels about him?
4. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
5. Who is Martin Zapater?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the last scene, Goya says, "This is how it happens. It always happens." What does he mean?
2. What is the double meaning of Father Duaso's line, "Heat doesn't agree with me?"
3. Does Goya know that the meowing he hears is an auditory hallucination?
4. What evidence is there in Part 1, Scene 1 that King Ferdinand sees through Calomarde's flattery and does not trust him?
5. Of what does Father Duaso accuse Leocadia without directly saying it?
6. Why does Dr. Arrieta not expect help for himself from Father Duaso?
7. What do the unnamed women's voices represent in Goya's mind?
8. What evidence does Leocadia offer Dr. Arrieta to show that Goya has lost his mind?
9. What has Goya done with his property that alarms Leocadia?
10. What does Goya explain to Dr. Arrieta that the black paintings on his walls represent?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)