|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Leocadia call Goya?
2. Hearing his shouts, what does Leocadia suggest must have happened to Goya?
(a) A cat must have scratched him.
(b) A scorpion must have bitten him.
(c) A dog must have bitten him.
(d) A bat must have frightened him.
3. Why is Goya depressed by Gumersinda's visit?
(a) She didn't bring her husband.
(b) She didn't bring a gift.
(c) She can't stay long.
(d) She didn't bring his grandchildren.
4. What sound frightens King Ferdinand?
(a) A scream.
(b) A knock at the door.
(c) A beating heart.
(d) The wind.
5. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Gumersinda insult Leocadia?
2. Why did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
3. What is the picture on the wall during most of Part 1, Scene 2?
4. What advancement has Father Duaso recently received?
5. Where does Leocadia want to celebrate Christmas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence is there in Part 1, Scene 1 that King Ferdinand sees through Calomarde's flattery and does not trust him?
2. What does Leocadia hope Dr. Arrieta will be able to give Goya?
3. What does Dr. Arrieta say to assure Leocadia that Goya is not mad?
4. What contrast exists between the physical description of King Ferdinand and his activities and speech?
5. Why does Leocadia take Goya's dementia personally?
6. What quality does Father Duaso display when questioned by King Ferdinand about Goya?
7. What evidence does Goya have that Leocadia has been unfaithful to him?
8. What does Mariquita's voice represent in Goya's mind in Part 2, Scene 2?
9. How did King Ferdinand punish Goya?
10. What does Leocadia believe is the strongest proof of Goya's madness?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)