|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does it seem to Goya that Gumersinda makes when she talks?
(a) A donkey's bray.
(b) A cat's meow.
(c) A bat's screech.
(d) A hen's cackling.
2. Why does Dr. Arrieta want to protect Goya from information about King Ferdinand's decrees?
(a) He is worried that Goya will do something violent.
(b) He is worried that fear may jeopardize his health.
(c) He is afraid that Goya will attack the king.
(d) He is afraid that Goya won't believe him.
3. What confidential order does King Ferdinand give Calomarde?
(a) The Royal Volunteers are to come to him tomorrow.
(b) Goya is to come to him tomorrow.
(c) Calomarde is to return to him tomorrow.
(d) Martin Zapater is to come to him tomorrow.
4. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest to help Leocadia?
(a) A tonic.
(b) A daily nap.
(c) A long rest.
(d) A change of scenery.
5. Where is Leocadia in Goya's painting?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a bedroom.
(d) In a kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Goya resolve the controversy between Gumersinda and Leocadia about where to celebrate Christmas?
2. What sound annoys Goya as he tries to paint?
3. In what city does Goya live?
4. Where does Leocadia want to celebrate Christmas?
5. For what was Riego executed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Arrieta hesitate to frighten Goya?
2. What advice does King Ferdinand give Father Duaso in dealing with Goya?
3. What choice does Goya make between engaging with Leocadia and auto-erotic activity? How do you know?
4. What evidence does Leocadia offer Dr. Arrieta to show that Goya has lost his mind?
5. What does Mariquita's voice represent in Goya's mind in Part 2, Scene 2?
6. What does Gumersinda think of Leocadia?
7. What convinces King Ferdinand of Father Duaso's friendship for Goya?
8. What does Dr. Arrieta say to assure Leocadia that Goya is not mad?
9. Why does Goya say he would have to disobey King Ferdinand to pay homage to him?
10. What contrast exists between the physical description of King Ferdinand and his activities and speech?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)