|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does King Ferdinand refuse to start another Inquisition?
(a) He wants absolute power.
(b) He wants to preserve the church's reputation.
(c) He regrets the harm that was done.
(d) He believes injustices were commited.
2. What was the effect of the Constitution of 1812?
(a) Exiling the dissenters.
(b) Creating a parliament.
(c) Expanding the King's power.
(d) Curtailing the King's power.
3. What kind of subjects does King Ferdinand hope for?
(a) Courageous and intelligent.
(b) Fighting cocks.
(c) Loyal and fearless.
(d) Obedient and frightened.
4. Goya tells Dr. Arrieta that Leocadia wants to go to France for what reason?
(a) To find French men.
(b) To learn French cooking.
(c) To protect the children.
(d) To save Goya's life.
5. How long has Leocadia been with Goya?
(a) Six months.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
2. What weapon does Goya keep near him?
3. How old is Leocadia's son Guillermo?
4. What sound does it seem to Goya that Gumersinda makes when she talks?
5. How has King Ferdinand dealt with liberal dissenters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Goya turn back from his walk when he encountered the soldiers at the bridge?
2. The imaginary figures that torment Goya say they do so in the name of the priest from Tamajon. Who is the priest from Tamajon?
3. What contrast exists between the physical description of King Ferdinand and his activities and speech?
4. What is Dr. Arrieta's theory in Part 2, Scene 3 of King Ferdinand's plan for Goya?
5. What does Leocadia believe is the strongest proof of Goya's madness?
6. What did Goya see Leocadia doing behind his back?
7. What is the double meaning of Father Duaso's line, "Heat doesn't agree with me?"
8. What does Goya explain to Dr. Arrieta that the black paintings on his walls represent?
9. What does Leocadia lie to Goya about in their first conversation?
10. How are King Ferdinand and Goya alike?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)