|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
(a) To sharpen his senses.
(b) To impress his subjects.
(c) To express his creativity.
(d) To calm his nerves.
2. What weapon does Goya keep near him?
(a) A mallet.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) A shotgun.
3. Who is Martin Zapater?
(a) Goya's neighbor.
(b) Goya's childhood friend.
(c) Goya's critic.
(d) Goya's brother-in-law.
4. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
(a) For not watching the children.
(b) For making fun of him behind his back.
(c) For not helping him with his work.
(d) For lying to him.
5. In what city does Goya live?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the action of this play take place?
2. Goya tells Dr. Arrieta that Leocadia wants to go to France for what reason?
3. What kind of subjects does King Ferdinand hope for?
4. Where does Gumersinda want to celebrate Christmas?
5. What does King Ferdinand think needlework would do for his subjects?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are possible reasons that Leocadia no longer seems to Goya to be afraid?
2. Why does Goya hesitate to open Martin Zapater's letter?
3. What quality does Father Duaso display when questioned by King Ferdinand about Goya?
4. Does Goya know that the meowing he hears is an auditory hallucination?
5. What does Dr. Arrieta infer from Father Duaso's statement that they cannot visit Goya until after 8:00?
6. Why does Leocadia take Goya's dementia personally?
7. What advice does King Ferdinand give Father Duaso in dealing with Goya?
8. What does Goya mean when he says, "For thirty years I've been witnessing a play I don't understand"?
9. How did King Ferdinand punish Goya?
10. What evidence does Goya give that he recognizes that his family is in danger?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)