|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Goya denounced to the Holy Inquisition?
(a) For painting a nude woman.
(b) For having children out of wedlock.
(c) For living with another man's wife.
(d) For insulting King Ferdinand.
2. In Part 1, Scene 1, why are King Ferdinand's appointments for tomorrow far apart?
(a) They must not see each other.
(b) King Ferdinand needs to nap between meetings.
(c) Some participants must attend both meetings.
(d) There is a lot to do between meetings.
3. How has Goya offended Calomarde?
(a) He portrayed Calomarde as ugly and vicious.
(b) He disclosed Calomarde's secrets.
(c) He refused to paint his portrait.
(d) He painted Calomarde's wives.
4. Who is Vicente Lopez?
(a) A courtier.
(b) King Ferdinand's portraitist.
(c) A Royal Volunteer.
(d) Goya's neighbor.
5. Why does King Ferdinand dislike Masons?
(a) They are republicans.
(b) They have secrets.
(c) They have liberal aims.
(d) They are anarchists.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing at the bridge?
2. What did Goya think the flying men were when he first saw them?
3. What is the picture on the wall during most of Part 1, Scene 2?
4. How long has Goya been deaf?
5. Why does Leocadia let Goya go out by himself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Father Duaso doesn't tell Dr. Arrieta that King Ferdinand has forbidden him to visit Goya until after 8:00?
2. In what has Goya defied King Ferdinand?
3. Why does Goya say he would have to disobey King Ferdinand to pay homage to him?
4. What do you make of the fact that while Goya is being tormented in his dream, the dream figures tell him that the King is embroidering flowers?
5. Of what does Father Duaso accuse Leocadia without directly saying it?
6. What has Goya done with his property that alarms Leocadia?
7. What is the Green Book?
8. How does King Ferdinand know that Goya opposes him?
9. How are King Ferdinand and Goya alike?
10. Why did Goya turn back from his walk when he encountered the soldiers at the bridge?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)