|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the effect of the Constitution of 1812?
(a) Expanding the King's power.
(b) Exiling the dissenters.
(c) Creating a parliament.
(d) Curtailing the King's power.
2. Why does Gumersinda admonish Leocadia to show no fear to Goya?
(a) To keep him from fleeing the country.
(b) To avoid upsetting him.
(c) To keep from making him angry.
(d) To keep him from inciting a rebellion.
3. What does King Ferdinand order Calomarde to do?
(a) Double the guard.
(b) Search the courtyard.
(c) Search the palace.
(d) Draw his sword.
4. How long has Leocadia been with Goya?
(a) Five years.
(b) Six months.
(c) One year.
(d) Ten years.
5. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
(a) He is an enemy to be reckoned with.
(b) He is a disgrace to Spain.
(c) He is a fool or a brave man.
(d) He is a genius or an idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Goya react to the sounds he imagines Gumersinda and Leocadia making when they speak?
2. What advancement has Father Duaso recently received?
3. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta determine that Leocadia is nervous and distraught?
5. What is the Green Book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Goya explain to Dr. Arrieta that the black paintings on his walls represent?
2. In the last scene, Goya says, "This is how it happens. It always happens." What does he mean?
3. What evidence does Leocadia offer Dr. Arrieta to show that Goya has lost his mind?
4. The imaginary figures that torment Goya say they do so in the name of the priest from Tamajon. Who is the priest from Tamajon?
5. Why does Goya call the horrifying scene of the Royal Volunteers attacking his home a "comedy?"
6. Why does Goya say he would have to disobey King Ferdinand to pay homage to him?
7. How does Dr. Arrieta offend Father Duaso?
8. What does Gumersinda think of Leocadia?
9. What choice does Goya make between engaging with Leocadia and auto-erotic activity? How do you know?
10. What evidence does Goya have that Leocadia has been unfaithful to him?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)