|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time is Father Duaso to attend King Ferdinand?
(b) Ten in the morning.
(c) Three in the afternoon.
(d) Five in the evening.
2. What does Gumersinda say a wife would do for Goya?
(a) Cheer him up.
(b) Make him a cuckold.
(c) Provide him with children.
(d) Invigorate him.
3. What is the only subject Dr. Arrieta is willing to discuss with Father Duaso?
(a) The health of spirits.
(b) The health of minds.
(c) The health of hearts.
(d) The health of bodies.
4. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
5. For what was Riego executed?
(a) Disorderly conduct.
(b) Inciting to riot.
(c) Conspiring with France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest to help Leocadia?
2. What has Goya done with his estate?
3. What did Goya think the flying men were when he first saw them?
4. What is the picture on the wall during most of Part 1, Scene 2?
5. What confidential order does King Ferdinand give Calomarde?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dr. Arrieta hesitate to frighten Goya?
2. Do you believe that Leocadia has been unfaithful to Goya with the sergeant of the Royal Volunteers? Why or why not?
3. What evidence does Goya give that he recognizes that his family is in danger?
4. Why does Goya say he would have to disobey King Ferdinand to pay homage to him?
5. Why is Goya without anyone who can take him in?
6. How does Dr. Arrieta offend Father Duaso?
7. What does Leocadia believe is the strongest proof of Goya's madness?
8. What does Dr. Arrieta say to assure Leocadia that Goya is not mad?
9. What does Goya mean when he says, "For thirty years I've been witnessing a play I don't understand"?
10. Which of the dream figures has the most power over Goya, and what do you make of that fact?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)