|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
(a) Goya is a proud and stubborn man.
(b) Goya is an unskilled and arrogant man.
(c) Goya is a vain and foolish man.
(d) Goya is a secretive and untrustworthy man.
2. Where is Leocadia in Goya's painting?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a kitchen.
(c) In a cemetery.
(d) In a bedroom.
3. Where does Leocadia want to celebrate Christmas?
(a) At the Costa del Sol.
(b) At Gumersinda's house.
(c) At Goya's house.
(d) In France.
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta determine that Leocadia is nervous and distraught?
(a) She keeps crying.
(b) She tells him she is nervous and distraught.
(c) She can't speak.
(d) She keeps hearing unexplained sounds.
5. What imaginary creatures does Goya paint and believe to be real?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of subjects does King Ferdinand hope for?
2. What confidential order does King Ferdinand give Calomarde?
3. In what year does the action of this play take place?
4. Why does Gumersinda admonish Leocadia to show no fear to Goya?
5. What does Gumersinda say a wife would do for Goya?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Leocadia take Goya's dementia personally?
2. When King Ferdinand questions Father Duaso's characterization of Goya as "tranquil," Father Duaso goes farther and says that Goya appears "undaunted." Realizing that this description may be an error, how does Father Duaso retreat from what he has said?
3. How does King Ferdinand evaluate Goya?
4. What evidence does Leocadia offer Dr. Arrieta to show that Goya has lost his mind?
5. In the last scene, Goya says, "This is how it happens. It always happens." What does he mean?
6. Goya's nightmare is interrupted by knocking. Who has come, and who does Goya hope has come, to the door?
7. How does King Ferdinand know that Goya opposes him?
8. To what animals does Goya compare Leocadia and Gumersinda during their conversation?
9. Why do you think Father Duaso doesn't tell Dr. Arrieta that King Ferdinand has forbidden him to visit Goya until after 8:00?
10. How does Dr. Arrieta offend Father Duaso?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)