|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the dialogue enclosed between these << >> symbols?
(a) It is spoken but unheard.
(b) It is not spoken.
(c) It is directed at the audience.
(d) It is shouted.
2. Hearing his shouts, what does Leocadia suggest must have happened to Goya?
(a) A dog must have bitten him.
(b) A bat must have frightened him.
(c) A scorpion must have bitten him.
(d) A cat must have scratched him.
3. Where is Leocadia in Goya's painting?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) In a kitchen.
(c) In a bedroom.
(d) In a church.
4. Why does King Ferdinand dislike Masons?
(a) They have liberal aims.
(b) They have secrets.
(c) They are republicans.
(d) They are anarchists.
5. Why does Dr. Arrieta determine that Leocadia is nervous and distraught?
(a) She keeps hearing unexplained sounds.
(b) She tells him she is nervous and distraught.
(c) She keeps crying.
(d) She can't speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
2. What does Leocadia suggest that horrifies Gumersinda?
3. Why does Leocadia let Goya go out by himself?
4. What sound does it seem to Goya that Leocadia makes when she talks?
5. What does the audience learn about Leocadia's husband from Gumersinda's remarks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Goya say he would have to disobey King Ferdinand to pay homage to him?
2. Why does Dr. Arrieta not expect help for himself from Father Duaso?
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's plan to persuade Goya to beg the king's pardon?
4. How does Dr. Arrieta offend Father Duaso?
5. Why does Goya hesitate to open Martin Zapater's letter?
6. How does King Ferdinand ensure that Father Duaso will arrive at Goya's house after the Royal Volunteers?
7. What is the theme of Goya's nightmare trial?
8. How is Goya's situation with King Ferdinand impossible?
9. What is Dr. Arrieta's theory in Part 2, Scene 3 of King Ferdinand's plan for Goya?
10. How did King Ferdinand punish Goya?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)