|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What decision does Dr. Arrieta present to Father Duaso?
(a) To delay their visit to Goya.
(b) To stay away from Goya.
(c) To report their visit to King Ferdinand.
(d) To visit Goya before or after 8:00 p.m.
2. What do the unnamed women's voices suggest that Goya do?
(a) Look for the memory of women.
(b) Look for Leocadia.
(c) Look for Mariquita.
(d) Look for the button.
3. Why does the voice of Mariquita tell Goya she has come?
(a) To spend time with him.
(b) To comfort him.
(c) To warn him.
(d) To irritate him.
4. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
5. How did Goya react to Father Duaso's offer to intercede for him?
(a) Goya offered to intercede for Father Duaso.
(b) Goya begged Father Duaso not to intercede.
(c) Goya begged Father Duaso to intercede.
(d) Goya thanked Father Duaso for offering to intercede.
6. What news does Dr. Arrieta give Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
(a) Goya is very ill.
(b) Goya has refused to apologize to King Ferdinand.
(c) Leocadia is very ill.
(d) Goya's letter to Martin Zapater was intercepted.
7. What else does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing?
(a) Selling her body to keep their house safe.
(b) Conspiring with the liberals.
(c) Delivering messages from King Ferdinand.
(d) Hiding their children.
8. What does King Ferdinand suspect Dr. Arrieta of being?
(a) A comunero.
(b) A Mason.
(c) A liberal.
(d) A Jew.
9. What does Goya say is causing him to hear voices?
(b) An ancient curse.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) His deafness.
10. Why does Leocadia say she accepted the button?
(a) From greed.
(b) From curiosity.
(c) From love.
(d) From fear.
11. What sounds torment Goya as he paints "Witches' Sabbath?"
(a) Women laughing and bats screeching.
(b) Cats meowing and owls screeching.
(c) Women laughing and owls screeching.
(d) Bats screeching and cats meowing.
12. What confuses Dr. Arrieta about Father Duaso's invitation to visit Goya?
(a) Why they can't go until after 8:00.
(b) What message does Father Duaso have for Goya?
(c) What does Father Duaso want to talk to Dr. Arrieta about?
(d) Why is Dr. Arrieta invited to accompany Father Duaso?
13. What does Dr. Arrieta call Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
(a) A traitor.
(b) A weapon.
(c) A pawn.
(d) An operative.
14. Why does Dr. Arrieta say that saving Goya might destroy him?
(a) Goya is on the line between terror and insanity.
(b) Goya is on the line between France and Spain.
(c) Goya is on the line between loyalty and anarchy.
(d) Goya is on the line between truth and falsehood.
15. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
(a) A joke.
(b) A misunderstanding.
(c) A standing decree.
(d) An outdated decree.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Part 2, Scene 2, what does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing?
2. What is Father Duaso's second excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
3. In Part 2, Scene 3, who are Goya's friends?
4. Why does Goya tell Father Duaso he will not ask King Ferdinand's pardon?
5. How does King Ferdinand infer that Father Duaso is Goya's friend?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)