|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goya tell Father Duaso he will not ask King Ferdinand's pardon?
(a) Goya does not recognize the regency of King Ferdinand.
(b) Goya does not believe he has done anything wrong.
(c) Goya has already asked pardon.
(d) Goya believes King Ferdinand should ask pardon first.
2. What solution does Father Duaso offer for Goya's dilemma?
(a) Father Duaso will help Goya barricade the house.
(b) Father Duaso will help Goya escape to France.
(c) Father Duaso will plead with the king on Goya's behalf.
(d) Father Duaso will go with Goya to apologize to the king.
3. What realization comes to Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
(a) He is Goya's true friend.
(b) He must report to King Ferdinand at once.
(c) He has fallen into a trap.
(d) He can save Goya.
4. What is the first reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the king's men?
(a) No one writes the word "heretic."
(b) No one paints crosses on the door.
(c) No more rocks have been thrown at the house.
(d) No one has taken Goya to prison.
5. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's solution?
(a) King Ferdinand will not believe Goya's apology.
(b) King Ferdinand has never been know to forgive an offense.
(c) King Ferdinand has already forgiven Goya.
(d) King Ferdinand does not trust Father Duaso.
6. What rumor is circulating about Father Duaso?
(a) That he is King Ferdinand's executioner.
(b) That he intercepted Goya's letter.
(c) That he is King Ferdinand's operative.
(d) That he is hiding endangered countrymen.
7. What is Father Duaso's second excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
(a) Goya is losing his sight.
(b) Goya believes himself to be in decline.
(c) Goya believes Vicente Lopez is a better painter.
(d) Goya is afraid he can't paint to King Ferdinand's taste.
8. Why does Dr. Arrieta suspect Father Duaso is operating on King Ferdinand's orders?
(a) Father Duaso trusts King Ferdinand.
(b) Father Duaso is duplicitous.
(c) Father Duaso is a priest loyal to the throne.
(d) Father Duaso is an honest man.
9. How does King Ferdinand infer that Father Duaso is Goya's friend?
(a) Father Duaso visits Goya.
(b) Father Duaso makes excuses for Goya's behavior.
(c) Father Duaso speaks of his admiration for Goya.
(d) Father Duaso is from Aragon.
10. What do the unnamed women's voices suggest that Goya do?
(a) Look for Mariquita.
(b) Look for Leocadia.
(c) Look for the memory of women.
(d) Look for the button.
11. When is Father Duaso going again to visit Goya?
(a) New Year's Day.
(b) December 23rd.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Christmas day.
12. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is weary and disheveled.
(c) She is cheerful.
(d) She is calmer and more relaxed.
13. Why does Father Duaso says he must intercede for Goya with King Ferdinand?
(a) Father Duaso's conscience demands that he intercede.
(b) Leocadia has asked for his help.
(c) Goya has asked for his help.
(d) He has a strong affection for Goya.
14. What incident at Goya's home does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand?
(a) Someone painted a cross and wrote the word "heretic" on his door.
(b) Goya had a fight with Leocadia.
(c) Goya painted strange and ugly depictions on the wall.
(d) There was a disagreement between Leocadia and Gumersinda.
15. What tricks is Goya's mind playing on him as he talks with Leocadia?
(a) Goya hears Leocadia's voice say cruel things to him.
(b) Goya hears Leocadia's voice trying to deceive him.
(c) Goya hears Leocadia's voice begging him to forgive her.
(d) Goya hears Leocadia's voice screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision does Dr. Arrieta present to Father Duaso?
2. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
3. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
4. What sounds torment Goya as he paints "Witches' Sabbath?"
5. What question does Father Duaso ask Dr. Arrieta as they leave to visit Goya?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)