|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Arrieta think King Ferdinand will not execute Goya?
(a) Goya's execution would distract from important issues.
(b) Goya's execution would cause a scandal.
(c) Goya's execution would be expensive and time-consuming.
(d) Goya's execution would be a miscarriage of justice.
2. What sounds torment Goya as he paints "Witches' Sabbath?"
(a) Cats meowing and owls screeching.
(b) Women laughing and owls screeching.
(c) Women laughing and bats screeching.
(d) Bats screeching and cats meowing.
3. What does Goya learn from Leocadia about the postman?
(a) He hasn't come for two days.
(b) He has come twice with urgent messages.
(c) He hasn't been there yet today.
(d) He is on strike.
4. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
(a) King Ferdinand had given Goya free reign to paint according to his own muse.
(b) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace.
(c) King Ferdinand had ordered Goya to leave the country.
(d) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace unless summoned.
5. When does King Ferdinand instruct Father Duaso to make his visit to Goya?
(a) Before 8:00 p.m.
(b) After 8:00 a.m.
(c) Before 8:00 a.m.
(d) After 8:00 p.m.
6. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
7. What does Father Duaso decide to do about his visit to Goya?
(a) Father Duaso decides to take a guard to visit Goya.
(b) Father Duaso decides to go before 8:00 p.m.
(c) Father Duaso decides not to visit Goya.
(d) Father Duaso decides to wait until after 8:00 p.m.
8. At the end of Part 2, Scene 3, what does Dr. Arrieta quote Goya as saying?
(a) "The King will never bother me."
(b) "Spain is being destroyed."
(c) "The sleep of reason produces monsters."
(d) "The King is a blockhead."
9. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
(a) Father Duaso will respect confidentiality.
(b) Father Duaso's honesty is obvious.
(c) Father Duaso has taken a vow of silence.
(d) Dr. Arrieta has no other friends.
10. In Part 2, Scene 3, who are Goya's friends?
(a) Father Duaso and Calomerde.
(b) Martin Zapater and Gumersinda.
(c) Dr. Arrieta and Father Duaso.
(d) King Ferdinand and Calomerde.
11. Why would executing Goya cause a scandal?
(a) Goya has powerful friends.
(b) Goya's loyalty to the throne is well-known.
(c) Goya's new paintings are popular.
(d) Goya's a renowed artist uninvolved in politics.
12. What do the unnamed women's voices suggest that Goya do?
(a) Look for the memory of women.
(b) Look for Mariquita.
(c) Look for the button.
(d) Look for Leocadia.
13. Where do Goya and Father Duaso both come from?
14. What does Dr. Arrieta think Goya should do in Part 2, Scene 3?
(a) Paint the king's portrait.
(b) Apologize to the king.
(c) Go into hiding.
(d) Leave the country.
15. What tricks is Goya's mind playing on him as he talks with Leocadia?
(a) Goya hears Leocadia's voice begging him to forgive her.
(b) Goya hears Leocadia's voice trying to deceive him.
(c) Goya hears Leocadia's voice say cruel things to him.
(d) Goya hears Leocadia's voice screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Part 2, Scene 3, how long has it been since Goya wrote to Martin Zapater?
2. What does Dr. Arrieta call Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
3. What decision does Dr. Arrieta present to Father Duaso?
4. What news does Dr. Arrieta give Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
5. Why does Goya think Leocadia is no longer afraid?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)