|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest that Goya's peaceful state of mind implies?
(a) Declining technical skill.
(b) Inner peace.
(c) A clear conscience.
2. To whom does Goya compare Leocadia in his mind?
(a) Judith and Judas.
(b) Gumersinda and Judith.
(c) Judas and Benedict Arnold.
(d) Judith and Esther.
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
(a) Father Duaso will respect confidentiality.
(b) Father Duaso has taken a vow of silence.
(c) Dr. Arrieta has no other friends.
(d) Father Duaso's honesty is obvious.
4. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
(a) A misunderstanding.
(b) An outdated decree.
(c) A standing decree.
(d) A joke.
5. What inquiry does King Ferdinand make as to Goya's state of mind in Part 2, Scene 1?
(a) Is he afraid?
(b) Is he tranquil?
(c) Is he content?
(d) Is he angry?
6. Why does Dr. Arrieta think King Ferdinand will not execute Goya?
(a) Goya's execution would cause a scandal.
(b) Goya's execution would be a miscarriage of justice.
(c) Goya's execution would be expensive and time-consuming.
(d) Goya's execution would distract from important issues.
7. Where does Mariquita's voice tell Goya buttons are given as presents?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) On the bridge.
(c) In the town.
(d) In the armory.
8. Why does Dr. Arrieta say that saving Goya might destroy him?
(a) Goya is on the line between terror and insanity.
(b) Goya is on the line between France and Spain.
(c) Goya is on the line between truth and falsehood.
(d) Goya is on the line between loyalty and anarchy.
9. What does Leocadia tell Goya will happen to the button?
(a) Leocadia will keep it forever.
(b) Leocadia will sell it.
(c) Leocadia will use it to gain entry to the palace.
(d) The soldier will come to retrieve it.
10. When did King Ferdinand issue the order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
11. How does Leocadia respond to Goya's accusations?
(a) Leocadia becomes angry and hits him.
(b) Leocadia becomes angry and storms out.
(c) Leocadia admits that he is right.
(d) Leocadia tries to make love to Goya.
12. What incident at Goya's home does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand?
(a) Goya painted strange and ugly depictions on the wall.
(b) Someone painted a cross and wrote the word "heretic" on his door.
(c) There was a disagreement between Leocadia and Gumersinda.
(d) Goya had a fight with Leocadia.
13. What does King Ferdinand claim Goya has opposed?
(a) King Ferdinand's decree against liberals.
(b) King Ferdinand's decree against Masons.
(c) King Ferdinand's taste in art.
(d) King Ferdinand's absolute rights.
14. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
15. What does Father Duaso decide to do about his visit to Goya?
(a) Father Duaso decides to take a guard to visit Goya.
(b) Father Duaso decides to go before 8:00 p.m.
(c) Father Duaso decides not to visit Goya.
(d) Father Duaso decides to wait until after 8:00 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the voice of Mariquita tell Goya she has come?
2. What does Goya say is causing him to hear voices?
3. What does the voice of Mariquita first tell Goya has happened?
4. Where do Goya and Father Duaso both come from?
5. in Part 2, Scene 2, what does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)