|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Father Duaso ask Dr. Arrieta as they leave to visit Goya?
(a) Does King Ferdinand know we are going?
(b) Is Goya very ill?
(c) Does Goya know we are coming?
(d) Are those paintings any good?
2. What is Father Duaso's second excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
(a) Goya is afraid he can't paint to King Ferdinand's taste.
(b) Goya believes himself to be in decline.
(c) Goya believes Vicente Lopez is a better painter.
(d) Goya is losing his sight.
3. What solution does Father Duaso offer for Goya's dilemma?
(a) Father Duaso will help Goya barricade the house.
(b) Father Duaso will plead with the king on Goya's behalf.
(c) Father Duaso will help Goya escape to France.
(d) Father Duaso will go with Goya to apologize to the king.
4. What does Goya produce that stops Leocadia from doing more in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) A love note.
(b) A rock with a note around it.
(c) A letter.
(d) A metal button.
5. Why does Leocadia say she accepted the button?
(a) From curiosity.
(b) From love.
(c) From fear.
(d) From greed.
6. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
7. What is the second reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the King's men?
(a) No more rocks have been thrown at the house.
(b) No one has taken Goya to prison.
(c) No one paints crosses on the door.
(d) No one paints crosses on the door.
8. How does Leocadia respond to Goya's accusations?
(a) Leocadia becomes angry and storms out.
(b) Leocadia admits that he is right.
(c) Leocadia tries to make love to Goya.
(d) Leocadia becomes angry and hits him.
9. What does Leocadia tell Goya will happen to the button?
(a) Leocadia will use it to gain entry to the palace.
(b) Leocadia will sell it.
(c) The soldier will come to retrieve it.
(d) Leocadia will keep it forever.
10. What incident at Goya's home does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand?
(a) Someone painted a cross and wrote the word "heretic" on his door.
(b) Goya had a fight with Leocadia.
(c) There was a disagreement between Leocadia and Gumersinda.
(d) Goya painted strange and ugly depictions on the wall.
11. What rumor is circulating about Father Duaso?
(a) That he is hiding endangered countrymen.
(b) That he is King Ferdinand's operative.
(c) That he intercepted Goya's letter.
(d) That he is King Ferdinand's executioner.
12. Where do Goya and Father Duaso both come from?
13. Why does Goya think Leocadia is no longer afraid?
(a) She has stopped crying.
(b) She has brought the children home.
(c) She no longer speaks of leaving.
(d) She whistles while she works.
14. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
(a) He should be exiled.
(b) He should be hanged.
(c) He should be imprisoned.
(d) He should be shot.
15. in Part 2, Scene 1, what does Father Duaso offer to do for King Ferdinand?
(a) Plead with Goya to paint the King's portrait.
(b) Plead with Goya to denounce Masons.
(c) Plead with Goya to prostrate himself before the throne.
(d) Plead with Goya to leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Part 2, Scene 2, what does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing?
2. Why does the voice of Mariquita tell Goya she has come?
3. What is Dr. Arrieta's opinion of Goya's current state in Part 2, Scene 3?
4. What does King Ferdinand say about fear?
5. Why does Dr. Arrieta worry about intervening in Goya's life?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)