|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King Ferdinand tell Father Duaso to do to convince Goya to ask the king's pardon?
(a) Stress the risk Goya is running.
(b) Stress King Ferdinand's real affection for Goya.
(c) Stress the safety Goya will find in compliance.
(d) Stress the joy of King Ferdinand's favor.
2. What incident at Goya's home does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand?
(a) There was a disagreement between Leocadia and Gumersinda.
(b) Goya had a fight with Leocadia.
(c) Goya painted strange and ugly depictions on the wall.
(d) Someone painted a cross and wrote the word "heretic" on his door.
3. in Part 2, Scene 1, what does Father Duaso offer to do for King Ferdinand?
(a) Plead with Goya to prostrate himself before the throne.
(b) Plead with Goya to paint the King's portrait.
(c) Plead with Goya to leave the country.
(d) Plead with Goya to denounce Masons.
4. What is the second reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the King's men?
(a) No one has taken Goya to prison.
(b) No more rocks have been thrown at the house.
(c) No one paints crosses on the door.
(d) No one paints crosses on the door.
5. Why does Goya tell Father Duaso he will not ask King Ferdinand's pardon?
(a) Goya has already asked pardon.
(b) Goya does not believe he has done anything wrong.
(c) Goya does not recognize the regency of King Ferdinand.
(d) Goya believes King Ferdinand should ask pardon first.
6. What does Leocadia tell Goya will happen to the button?
(a) The soldier will come to retrieve it.
(b) Leocadia will sell it.
(c) Leocadia will keep it forever.
(d) Leocadia will use it to gain entry to the palace.
7. Where does Mariquita's voice tell Goya buttons are given as presents?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the town.
(c) On the bridge.
(d) In the armory.
8. What does King Ferdinand say about fear?
(a) It is a Christian virtue.
(b) It is to be encouraged.
(c) It is to be avoided.
(d) It is to be forgiven.
9. What rumor is circulating about Father Duaso?
(a) That he is King Ferdinand's executioner.
(b) That he intercepted Goya's letter.
(c) That he is King Ferdinand's operative.
(d) That he is hiding endangered countrymen.
10. Why does Father Duaso says he must intercede for Goya with King Ferdinand?
(a) Father Duaso's conscience demands that he intercede.
(b) Leocadia has asked for his help.
(c) Goya has asked for his help.
(d) He has a strong affection for Goya.
11. Why does Leocadia say she accepted the button?
(a) From greed.
(b) From love.
(c) From fear.
(d) From curiosity.
12. What does King Ferdinand suspect Dr. Arrieta of being?
(a) A comunero.
(b) A Jew.
(c) A liberal.
(d) A Mason.
13. What does King Ferdinand claim Goya has opposed?
(a) King Ferdinand's taste in art.
(b) King Ferdinand's decree against liberals.
(c) King Ferdinand's absolute rights.
(d) King Ferdinand's decree against Masons.
14. What is Dr. Arrieta's opinion of Goya's current state in Part 2, Scene 3?
(a) Goya's best work is yet to come.
(b) Goya is no longer a great painter.
(c) Goya has become a great painter.
(d) Goya is a national treasure.
15. Why does Dr. Arrieta say that saving Goya might destroy him?
(a) Goya is on the line between loyalty and anarchy.
(b) Goya is on the line between terror and insanity.
(c) Goya is on the line between France and Spain.
(d) Goya is on the line between truth and falsehood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 2, Scene 2, what does Goya accuse Leocadia of looking like?
2. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
3. How did Goya react to Father Duaso's offer to intercede for him?
4. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest that Goya's peaceful state of mind implies?
5. Why does the voice of Mariquita tell Goya she has come?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)