|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the unnamed women's voices suggest that Goya do?
(a) Look for Leocadia.
(b) Look for Mariquita.
(c) Look for the button.
(d) Look for the memory of women.
2. Why does Goya tell Father Duaso he will not ask King Ferdinand's pardon?
(a) Goya does not recognize the regency of King Ferdinand.
(b) Goya has already asked pardon.
(c) Goya does not believe he has done anything wrong.
(d) Goya believes King Ferdinand should ask pardon first.
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
(a) Dr. Arrieta has no other friends.
(b) Father Duaso's honesty is obvious.
(c) Father Duaso has taken a vow of silence.
(d) Father Duaso will respect confidentiality.
4. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
5. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
(a) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace.
(b) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace unless summoned.
(c) King Ferdinand had given Goya free reign to paint according to his own muse.
(d) King Ferdinand had ordered Goya to leave the country.
6. What tricks is Goya's mind playing on him as he talks with Leocadia?
(a) Goya hears Leocadia's voice trying to deceive him.
(b) Goya hears Leocadia's voice say cruel things to him.
(c) Goya hears Leocadia's voice screaming.
(d) Goya hears Leocadia's voice begging him to forgive her.
7. To whom does Goya compare Leocadia in his mind?
(a) Judas and Benedict Arnold.
(b) Judith and Judas.
(c) Judith and Esther.
(d) Gumersinda and Judith.
8. How does Goya appear when Leocadia sees him in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is rejuvenated.
(d) He is weak and tired.
9. What news does Dr. Arrieta give Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
(a) Leocadia is very ill.
(b) Goya's letter to Martin Zapater was intercepted.
(c) Goya is very ill.
(d) Goya has refused to apologize to King Ferdinand.
10. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's solution?
(a) King Ferdinand has already forgiven Goya.
(b) King Ferdinand will not believe Goya's apology.
(c) King Ferdinand does not trust Father Duaso.
(d) King Ferdinand has never been know to forgive an offense.
11. When is Father Duaso going again to visit Goya?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) December 23rd.
(c) New Year's Day.
(d) Christmas day.
12. What does King Ferdinand say about fear?
(a) It is a Christian virtue.
(b) It is to be encouraged.
(c) It is to be avoided.
(d) It is to be forgiven.
13. What does King Ferdinand tell Father Duaso to do to convince Goya to ask the king's pardon?
(a) Stress the joy of King Ferdinand's favor.
(b) Stress King Ferdinand's real affection for Goya.
(c) Stress the safety Goya will find in compliance.
(d) Stress the risk Goya is running.
14. How does Leocadia respond to Goya's accusations?
(a) Leocadia becomes angry and hits him.
(b) Leocadia tries to make love to Goya.
(c) Leocadia becomes angry and storms out.
(d) Leocadia admits that he is right.
15. What does Goya produce that stops Leocadia from doing more in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) A rock with a note around it.
(b) A love note.
(c) A letter.
(d) A metal button.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Ferdinand claim Goya has opposed?
2. What realization comes to Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
3. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
4. Why does Leocadia say she accepted the button?
5. What does Goya say is causing him to hear voices?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)