|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leocadia say she accepted the button?
(a) From greed.
(b) From curiosity.
(c) From love.
(d) From fear.
2. How does Goya appear when Leocadia sees him in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is weak and tired.
(d) He is rejuvenated.
3. in Part 2, Scene 2, what does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing?
(a) Hiring new servants.
(b) Planning a secret departure.
(c) Buying their safety by selling his paintings.
(d) Making a deal with someone.
4. What question does Father Duaso ask Dr. Arrieta as they leave to visit Goya?
(a) Does Goya know we are coming?
(b) Is Goya very ill?
(c) Does King Ferdinand know we are going?
(d) Are those paintings any good?
5. What is Dr. Arrieta's opinion of Goya's current state in Part 2, Scene 3?
(a) Goya is no longer a great painter.
(b) Goya's best work is yet to come.
(c) Goya is a national treasure.
(d) Goya has become a great painter.
6. What rumor is circulating about Father Duaso?
(a) That he is King Ferdinand's executioner.
(b) That he intercepted Goya's letter.
(c) That he is hiding endangered countrymen.
(d) That he is King Ferdinand's operative.
7. How does King Ferdinand infer that Father Duaso is Goya's friend?
(a) Father Duaso visits Goya.
(b) Father Duaso speaks of his admiration for Goya.
(c) Father Duaso makes excuses for Goya's behavior.
(d) Father Duaso is from Aragon.
8. In Part 2, Scene 2, what does Goya accuse Leocadia of looking like?
(a) A martyr.
(b) A witch.
(c) A lover.
(d) A mother.
9. What inquiry does King Ferdinand make as to Goya's state of mind in Part 2, Scene 1?
(a) Is he angry?
(b) Is he content?
(c) Is he tranquil?
(d) Is he afraid?
10. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
11. In Part 2, Scene 3, who are Goya's friends?
(a) Martin Zapater and Gumersinda.
(b) Father Duaso and Calomerde.
(c) Dr. Arrieta and Father Duaso.
(d) King Ferdinand and Calomerde.
12. What incident at Goya's home does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand?
(a) Someone painted a cross and wrote the word "heretic" on his door.
(b) There was a disagreement between Leocadia and Gumersinda.
(c) Goya painted strange and ugly depictions on the wall.
(d) Goya had a fight with Leocadia.
13. Where does Mariquita's voice tell Goya buttons are given as presents?
(a) On the bridge.
(b) In the armory.
(c) In the bedroom.
(d) In the town.
14. What does Leocadia tell Goya will happen to the button?
(a) Leocadia will sell it.
(b) Leocadia will use it to gain entry to the palace.
(c) Leocadia will keep it forever.
(d) The soldier will come to retrieve it.
15. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did King Ferdinand issue the order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
2. Why does Dr. Arrieta suspect Father Duaso is operating on King Ferdinand's orders?
3. What does Goya learn when he receives a letter from Martin Zapater?
4. in Part 2, Scene 3, how long has it been since Goya wrote to Martin Zapater?
5. What does Father Duaso decide to do about his visit to Goya?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)