Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
(a) A standing decree.
(b) An outdated decree.
(c) A joke.
(d) A misunderstanding.
2. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
(a) She is cheerful.
(b) She is calmer and more relaxed.
(c) She is frightened.
(d) She is weary and disheveled.
3. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
4. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
(a) Come to the court.
(b) Ask pardon.
(c) Demonstrate contrition.
(d) Paint King Ferdinand's portrait.
5. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
(a) He should be shot.
(b) He should be imprisoned.
(c) He should be hanged.
(d) He should be exiled.
6. Why does Dr. Arrieta say that saving Goya might destroy him?
(a) Goya is on the line between France and Spain.
(b) Goya is on the line between loyalty and anarchy.
(c) Goya is on the line between truth and falsehood.
(d) Goya is on the line between terror and insanity.
7. What does Goya learn when he receives a letter from Martin Zapater?
(a) That Goya's letter to Martin Zapater was intercepted.
(b) That Martin Zapater is under suspicion.
(c) That Martin Zapater has been arrested.
(d) That Martin Zapater is coming to visit.
8. What does Goya say is causing him to hear voices?
(b) His deafness.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) An ancient curse.
9. How does Goya appear when Leocadia sees him in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is rejuvenated.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is weak and tired.
(d) He is confused.
10. To whom does Goya compare Leocadia in his mind?
(a) Judith and Esther.
(b) Judas and Benedict Arnold.
(c) Judith and Judas.
(d) Gumersinda and Judith.
11. What does King Ferdinand suspect Dr. Arrieta of being?
(a) A Jew.
(b) A Mason.
(c) A liberal.
(d) A comunero.
12. What is the second reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the King's men?
(a) No one paints crosses on the door.
(b) No one paints crosses on the door.
(c) No one has taken Goya to prison.
(d) No more rocks have been thrown at the house.
13. Why does Dr. Arrieta worry about intervening in Goya's life?
(a) What if the present turmoil is the source of Goya's inspiration?
(b) What if saving him will make Goya stop painting?
(c) What if Goya is unable to paint if he is well?
(d) What if his smudges are actually great works?
14. Why does Dr. Arrieta suspect Father Duaso is operating on King Ferdinand's orders?
(a) Father Duaso is a priest loyal to the throne.
(b) Father Duaso is duplicitous.
(c) Father Duaso is an honest man.
(d) Father Duaso trusts King Ferdinand.
15. What does Goya produce that stops Leocadia from doing more in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) A love note.
(b) A metal button.
(c) A letter.
(d) A rock with a note around it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Ferdinand say about fear?
2. How does King Ferdinand infer that Father Duaso is Goya's friend?
3. Why does Goya think Leocadia is no longer afraid?
4. Why does Leocadia say she accepted the button?
5. At the end of Part 2, Scene 3, what does Dr. Arrieta quote Goya as saying?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)