|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does King Ferdinand instruct Father Duaso to make his visit to Goya?
(a) Before 8:00 p.m.
(b) Before 8:00 a.m.
(c) After 8:00 p.m.
(d) After 8:00 a.m.
2. What news does Dr. Arrieta give Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
(a) Goya is very ill.
(b) Goya's letter to Martin Zapater was intercepted.
(c) Leocadia is very ill.
(d) Goya has refused to apologize to King Ferdinand.
3. What does King Ferdinand suspect Dr. Arrieta of being?
(a) A liberal.
(b) A Mason.
(c) A comunero.
(d) A Jew.
4. in Part 2, Scene 3, how long has it been since Goya wrote to Martin Zapater?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Twenty-two days.
(c) One week.
(d) Seventeen days.
5. What question does Father Duaso ask Dr. Arrieta as they leave to visit Goya?
(a) Does Goya know we are coming?
(b) Is Goya very ill?
(c) Are those paintings any good?
(d) Does King Ferdinand know we are going?
6. What does Goya learn when he receives a letter from Martin Zapater?
(a) That Martin Zapater is under suspicion.
(b) That Goya's letter to Martin Zapater was intercepted.
(c) That Martin Zapater has been arrested.
(d) That Martin Zapater is coming to visit.
7. When did King Ferdinand issue the order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
8. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
(a) Paint King Ferdinand's portrait.
(b) Come to the court.
(c) Ask pardon.
(d) Demonstrate contrition.
9. What does the voice of Mariquita first tell Goya has happened?
(a) The servants have left the house.
(b) Gumersinda has left the house.
(c) Mariquita has left the house.
(d) Leocadia has left the house.
10. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
11. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
(a) King Ferdinand had given Goya free reign to paint according to his own muse.
(b) King Ferdinand had ordered Goya to leave the country.
(c) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace unless summoned.
(d) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace.
12. How does Leocadia respond to Goya's accusations?
(a) Leocadia tries to make love to Goya.
(b) Leocadia admits that he is right.
(c) Leocadia becomes angry and storms out.
(d) Leocadia becomes angry and hits him.
13. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
(a) He should be hanged.
(b) He should be imprisoned.
(c) He should be shot.
(d) He should be exiled.
14. Where do Goya and Father Duaso both come from?
15. What does Dr. Arrieta call Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
(a) An operative.
(b) A pawn.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor is circulating about Father Duaso?
2. Why does Dr. Arrieta suspect Father Duaso is operating on King Ferdinand's orders?
3. Why does Father Duaso says he must intercede for Goya with King Ferdinand?
4. What does King Ferdinand claim Goya has opposed?
5. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)