|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
2. What does Goya learn when he receives a letter from Martin Zapater?
(a) That Martin Zapater is under suspicion.
(b) That Martin Zapater has been arrested.
(c) That Martin Zapater is coming to visit.
(d) That Goya's letter to Martin Zapater was intercepted.
3. How does Father Duaso describe Goya's paintings on the walls of his house?
(a) Majestic and inspiring.
(b) Creative and unusual.
(c) Ugly and artless.
(d) Frightening and shocking.
4. Why does Goya tell Father Duaso he will not ask King Ferdinand's pardon?
(a) Goya believes King Ferdinand should ask pardon first.
(b) Goya does not believe he has done anything wrong.
(c) Goya has already asked pardon.
(d) Goya does not recognize the regency of King Ferdinand.
5. What rumor is circulating about Father Duaso?
(a) That he is hiding endangered countrymen.
(b) That he is King Ferdinand's executioner.
(c) That he is King Ferdinand's operative.
(d) That he intercepted Goya's letter.
6. How does Goya appear when Leocadia sees him in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is rejuvenated.
(b) He is weak and tired.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is confused.
7. What sounds torment Goya as he paints "Witches' Sabbath?"
(a) Bats screeching and cats meowing.
(b) Women laughing and owls screeching.
(c) Cats meowing and owls screeching.
(d) Women laughing and bats screeching.
8. How does Leocadia respond to Goya's accusations?
(a) Leocadia admits that he is right.
(b) Leocadia becomes angry and hits him.
(c) Leocadia tries to make love to Goya.
(d) Leocadia becomes angry and storms out.
9. What incident at Goya's home does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand?
(a) Someone painted a cross and wrote the word "heretic" on his door.
(b) There was a disagreement between Leocadia and Gumersinda.
(c) Goya painted strange and ugly depictions on the wall.
(d) Goya had a fight with Leocadia.
10. When is Father Duaso going again to visit Goya?
(a) Christmas day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) December 23rd.
11. How does King Ferdinand infer that Father Duaso is Goya's friend?
(a) Father Duaso makes excuses for Goya's behavior.
(b) Father Duaso visits Goya.
(c) Father Duaso speaks of his admiration for Goya.
(d) Father Duaso is from Aragon.
12. How has Leocadia changed since the servants left?
(a) She is frightened.
(b) She is calmer and more relaxed.
(c) She is cheerful.
(d) She is weary and disheveled.
13. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's solution?
(a) King Ferdinand has never been know to forgive an offense.
(b) King Ferdinand has already forgiven Goya.
(c) King Ferdinand will not believe Goya's apology.
(d) King Ferdinand does not trust Father Duaso.
14. Where does Mariquita's voice tell Goya buttons are given as presents?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) On the bridge.
(c) In the armory.
(d) In the town.
15. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest that Goya's peaceful state of mind implies?
(a) Inner peace.
(b) A clear conscience.
(c) Declining technical skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Duaso decide to do about his visit to Goya?
2. When does King Ferdinand instruct Father Duaso to make his visit to Goya?
3. What does King Ferdinand tell Father Duaso to do to convince Goya to ask the king's pardon?
4. What is Father Duaso's second excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
5. Why does the voice of Mariquita suggest that Leocadia has the button of an army officer?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)