|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King Ferdinand say about fear?
(a) It is to be forgiven.
(b) It is to be encouraged.
(c) It is a Christian virtue.
(d) It is to be avoided.
2. How does Father Duaso describe Goya's paintings on the walls of his house?
(a) Majestic and inspiring.
(b) Creative and unusual.
(c) Ugly and artless.
(d) Frightening and shocking.
3. How does Leocadia respond to Goya's accusations?
(a) Leocadia tries to make love to Goya.
(b) Leocadia admits that he is right.
(c) Leocadia becomes angry and storms out.
(d) Leocadia becomes angry and hits him.
4. In Part 2, Scene 2, what does Goya accuse Leocadia of looking like?
(a) A witch.
(b) A martyr.
(c) A mother.
(d) A lover.
5. How does King Ferdinand infer that Father Duaso is Goya's friend?
(a) Father Duaso speaks of his admiration for Goya.
(b) Father Duaso makes excuses for Goya's behavior.
(c) Father Duaso is from Aragon.
(d) Father Duaso visits Goya.
6. How does Goya appear when Leocadia sees him in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is rejuvenated.
(b) He is weak and tired.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is confused.
7. Where do Goya and Father Duaso both come from?
8. When did King Ferdinand issue the order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
9. To whom does Goya compare Leocadia in his mind?
(a) Judith and Esther.
(b) Judas and Benedict Arnold.
(c) Gumersinda and Judith.
(d) Judith and Judas.
10. What is Father Duaso's second excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
(a) Goya believes Vicente Lopez is a better painter.
(b) Goya believes himself to be in decline.
(c) Goya is afraid he can't paint to King Ferdinand's taste.
(d) Goya is losing his sight.
11. Why does the voice of Mariquita tell Goya she has come?
(a) To spend time with him.
(b) To warn him.
(c) To irritate him.
(d) To comfort him.
12. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
13. Why does the voice of Mariquita suggest that Leocadia has the button of an army officer?
(a) The officer gave Leocadia the button for a present.
(b) The button is a talisman to keep the house safe.
(c) The button is a secret signal between the officer and Leocadia.
(d) The button came off, and Leocadia offered to sew it back.
14. Where does Mariquita's voice tell Goya buttons are given as presents?
(a) In the armory.
(b) In the bedroom.
(c) In the town.
(d) On the bridge.
15. When is Father Duaso going again to visit Goya?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Christmas day.
(c) December 23rd.
(d) New Year's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. in Part 2, Scene 3, how long has it been since Goya wrote to Martin Zapater?
2. What solution does Father Duaso offer for Goya's dilemma?
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta worry about intervening in Goya's life?
4. What does the voice of Mariquita first tell Goya has happened?
5. What did King Ferdinand call his order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)