|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Goya produce that stops Leocadia from doing more in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) A rock with a note around it.
(b) A letter.
(c) A metal button.
(d) A love note.
2. What is the second reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the King's men?
(a) No one paints crosses on the door.
(b) No one paints crosses on the door.
(c) No one has taken Goya to prison.
(d) No more rocks have been thrown at the house.
3. When is Father Duaso going again to visit Goya?
(a) Christmas day.
(b) New Year's Day.
(c) December 23rd.
(d) Christmas Eve.
4. How does Goya appear when Leocadia sees him in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is weak and tired.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is rejuvenated.
5. How does King Ferdinand infer that Father Duaso is Goya's friend?
(a) Father Duaso speaks of his admiration for Goya.
(b) Father Duaso visits Goya.
(c) Father Duaso makes excuses for Goya's behavior.
(d) Father Duaso is from Aragon.
6. in Part 2, Scene 1, what does Father Duaso offer to do for King Ferdinand?
(a) Plead with Goya to prostrate himself before the throne.
(b) Plead with Goya to denounce Masons.
(c) Plead with Goya to leave the country.
(d) Plead with Goya to paint the King's portrait.
7. Why does the voice of Mariquita tell Goya she has come?
(a) To irritate him.
(b) To warn him.
(c) To comfort him.
(d) To spend time with him.
8. Where does Mariquita's voice tell Goya buttons are given as presents?
(a) In the bedroom.
(b) In the town.
(c) On the bridge.
(d) In the armory.
9. Why can't Dr. Arrieta help Goya?
(a) Dr. Arrieta has no connections at court.
(b) Dr. Arrieta is too frightened to help.
(c) Dr. Arrieta is endangered himself.
(d) Dr. Arrieta is unknown to King Ferdinand.
10. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
(a) Come to the court.
(b) Demonstrate contrition.
(c) Paint King Ferdinand's portrait.
(d) Ask pardon.
11. What sounds torment Goya as he paints "Witches' Sabbath?"
(a) Women laughing and owls screeching.
(b) Women laughing and bats screeching.
(c) Bats screeching and cats meowing.
(d) Cats meowing and owls screeching.
12. Why does Dr. Arrieta think King Ferdinand will not execute Goya?
(a) Goya's execution would be a miscarriage of justice.
(b) Goya's execution would distract from important issues.
(c) Goya's execution would cause a scandal.
(d) Goya's execution would be expensive and time-consuming.
13. Why does Goya think Leocadia is no longer afraid?
(a) She has stopped crying.
(b) She whistles while she works.
(c) She no longer speaks of leaving.
(d) She has brought the children home.
14. What decision does Dr. Arrieta present to Father Duaso?
(a) To delay their visit to Goya.
(b) To stay away from Goya.
(c) To visit Goya before or after 8:00 p.m.
(d) To report their visit to King Ferdinand.
15. What inquiry does King Ferdinand make as to Goya's state of mind in Part 2, Scene 1?
(a) Is he tranquil?
(b) Is he content?
(c) Is he afraid?
(d) Is he angry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Goya and Father Duaso both come from?
2. What does Dr. Arrieta think Goya should do in Part 2, Scene 3?
3. What does King Ferdinand suspect Dr. Arrieta of being?
4. What does King Ferdinand say about fear?
5. Why does Goya tell Father Duaso he will not ask King Ferdinand's pardon?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)