|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Dr. Arrieta give Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
(a) Goya's letter to Martin Zapater was intercepted.
(b) Goya is very ill.
(c) Leocadia is very ill.
(d) Goya has refused to apologize to King Ferdinand.
2. In Part 2, Scene 2, what does Goya accuse Leocadia of looking like?
(a) A lover.
(b) A witch.
(c) A mother.
(d) A martyr.
3. What does Goya learn from Leocadia about the postman?
(a) He has come twice with urgent messages.
(b) He is on strike.
(c) He hasn't come for two days.
(d) He hasn't been there yet today.
4. What does the voice of Mariquita first tell Goya has happened?
(a) Leocadia has left the house.
(b) The servants have left the house.
(c) Mariquita has left the house.
(d) Gumersinda has left the house.
5. What incident at Goya's home does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand?
(a) Goya painted strange and ugly depictions on the wall.
(b) Someone painted a cross and wrote the word "heretic" on his door.
(c) There was a disagreement between Leocadia and Gumersinda.
(d) Goya had a fight with Leocadia.
6. Why can't Dr. Arrieta help Goya?
(a) Dr. Arrieta is endangered himself.
(b) Dr. Arrieta is unknown to King Ferdinand.
(c) Dr. Arrieta is too frightened to help.
(d) Dr. Arrieta has no connections at court.
7. What solution does Father Duaso offer for Goya's dilemma?
(a) Father Duaso will plead with the king on Goya's behalf.
(b) Father Duaso will go with Goya to apologize to the king.
(c) Father Duaso will help Goya barricade the house.
(d) Father Duaso will help Goya escape to France.
8. in Part 2, Scene 2, what does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing?
(a) Buying their safety by selling his paintings.
(b) Hiring new servants.
(c) Planning a secret departure.
(d) Making a deal with someone.
9. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
(a) Ask pardon.
(b) Come to the court.
(c) Paint King Ferdinand's portrait.
(d) Demonstrate contrition.
10. What does King Ferdinand tell Father Duaso to do to convince Goya to ask the king's pardon?
(a) Stress King Ferdinand's real affection for Goya.
(b) Stress the joy of King Ferdinand's favor.
(c) Stress the safety Goya will find in compliance.
(d) Stress the risk Goya is running.
11. What does Father Duaso decide to do about his visit to Goya?
(a) Father Duaso decides to go before 8:00 p.m.
(b) Father Duaso decides to wait until after 8:00 p.m.
(c) Father Duaso decides not to visit Goya.
(d) Father Duaso decides to take a guard to visit Goya.
12. Why would executing Goya cause a scandal?
(a) Goya has powerful friends.
(b) Goya's new paintings are popular.
(c) Goya's a renowed artist uninvolved in politics.
(d) Goya's loyalty to the throne is well-known.
13. What inquiry does King Ferdinand make as to Goya's state of mind in Part 2, Scene 1?
(a) Is he content?
(b) Is he afraid?
(c) Is he tranquil?
(d) Is he angry?
14. Why does Leocadia say she accepted the button?
(a) From greed.
(b) From love.
(c) From fear.
(d) From curiosity.
15. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
(a) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace unless summoned.
(b) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace.
(c) King Ferdinand had given Goya free reign to paint according to his own muse.
(d) King Ferdinand had ordered Goya to leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Father Duaso ask Dr. Arrieta as they leave to visit Goya?
2. Why does Dr. Arrieta suspect Father Duaso is operating on King Ferdinand's orders?
3. What is the first reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the king's men?
4. Why does the voice of Mariquita suggest that Leocadia has the button of an army officer?
5. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's solution?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)