|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the voice of Mariquita tell Goya she has come?
(a) To comfort him.
(b) To warn him.
(c) To spend time with him.
(d) To irritate him.
2. How does Goya appear when Leocadia sees him in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) He is weak and tired.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is rejuvenated.
3. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
(a) Come to the court.
(b) Paint King Ferdinand's portrait.
(c) Ask pardon.
(d) Demonstrate contrition.
4. How does Father Duaso report to King Ferdinand that Goya actually feels?
5. Why does Goya think Leocadia is no longer afraid?
(a) She whistles while she works.
(b) She no longer speaks of leaving.
(c) She has stopped crying.
(d) She has brought the children home.
6. What is Father Duaso's second excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
(a) Goya is afraid he can't paint to King Ferdinand's taste.
(b) Goya believes Vicente Lopez is a better painter.
(c) Goya is losing his sight.
(d) Goya believes himself to be in decline.
7. How does Leocadia respond to Goya's accusations?
(a) Leocadia admits that he is right.
(b) Leocadia tries to make love to Goya.
(c) Leocadia becomes angry and storms out.
(d) Leocadia becomes angry and hits him.
8. What does Goya learn when he receives a letter from Martin Zapater?
(a) That Martin Zapater is coming to visit.
(b) That Goya's letter to Martin Zapater was intercepted.
(c) That Martin Zapater has been arrested.
(d) That Martin Zapater is under suspicion.
9. What does Goya produce that stops Leocadia from doing more in Part 2, Scene 2?
(a) A rock with a note around it.
(b) A love note.
(c) A letter.
(d) A metal button.
10. When is Father Duaso going again to visit Goya?
(a) Christmas day.
(b) Christmas Eve.
(c) December 23rd.
(d) New Year's Day.
11. What is the second reason the voice of Mariquita gives Goya for suspecting Leocadia has made a deal with the King's men?
(a) No one paints crosses on the door.
(b) No more rocks have been thrown at the house.
(c) No one has taken Goya to prison.
(d) No one paints crosses on the door.
12. Why does Father Duaso says he must intercede for Goya with King Ferdinand?
(a) Father Duaso's conscience demands that he intercede.
(b) Leocadia has asked for his help.
(c) Goya has asked for his help.
(d) He has a strong affection for Goya.
13. What does King Ferdinand say about fear?
(a) It is to be avoided.
(b) It is to be forgiven.
(c) It is to be encouraged.
(d) It is a Christian virtue.
14. What does King Ferdinand tell Father Duaso to do to convince Goya to ask the king's pardon?
(a) Stress the safety Goya will find in compliance.
(b) Stress the joy of King Ferdinand's favor.
(c) Stress King Ferdinand's real affection for Goya.
(d) Stress the risk Goya is running.
15. What decision does Dr. Arrieta present to Father Duaso?
(a) To report their visit to King Ferdinand.
(b) To stay away from Goya.
(c) To visit Goya before or after 8:00 p.m.
(d) To delay their visit to Goya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Goya and Father Duaso both come from?
2. What does King Ferdinand claim Goya has opposed?
3. What punishment had King Ferdinand suggested for Goya when he issued the decree?
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta reject Father Duaso's solution?
5. How does Father Duaso describe Goya's paintings on the walls of his house?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)