|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
(a) For not helping him with his work.
(b) For not watching the children.
(c) For making fun of him behind his back.
(d) For lying to him.
2. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
(a) He draws his sword.
(b) He hides behind the curtain.
(c) He picks up his pistol.
(d) He calls for the guards.
3. What does Leocadia call Goya?
4. What is a Comunero?
(a) A Communist.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A courtier.
(d) A member of a liberal secret society.
5. Who is Juan Pablo Bonet?
(a) The inventor of a sign language.
(b) A magistrate.
(c) A neighbor of Goya's.
(d) A Spanish painter.
6. What artifacts does King Ferdinand keep beside him?
(a) A sewing basket, a spyglass, and a pistol.
(b) A sceptre, a rod, and a sewing basket.
(c) A sewing basket, a rod, and an apple.
(d) A pistol, a sewing basket, and an apple.
7. What is Father Duaso in charge of?
(c) Censorship of publications.
(d) The Inquisition.
8. How long has Goya been deaf?
(a) Thirty days.
(b) All his life.
(c) Thirty-one years.
(d) Since he was thirty-one.
9. What does Leocadia tell Father Duaso her husband has done?
(a) Disowned her.
(b) Abandoned her.
(c) Beaten her.
(d) Betrayed her.
10. What is the last sound we hear in Part 1, Scene 2?
(a) The cry of the owls.
(b) The bell ringing, unanswered.
(c) Cats meowing.
(d) The heartbeat.
11. What weapon does Goya keep near him?
(a) A sword.
(b) A mallet.
(c) A knife.
(d) A shotgun.
12. What artifact does Goya keep that is the same as King Ferdinand's?
(a) An apple.
(b) A pistol.
(c) A spyglass.
(d) A sewing basket.
13. Goya tells Dr. Arrieta that Leocadia wants to go to France for what reason?
(a) To find French men.
(b) To protect the children.
(c) To save Goya's life.
(d) To learn French cooking.
14. How has Goya offended Calomarde?
(a) He portrayed Calomarde as ugly and vicious.
(b) He refused to paint his portrait.
(c) He disclosed Calomarde's secrets.
(d) He painted Calomarde's wives.
15. What does Leocadia suggest that horrifies Gumersinda?
(a) Goya might apologize to the king.
(b) Goya might withdraw her inheritance.
(c) Goya might move to France.
(d) Goya might consider marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Goya live?
2. Why does Gumersinda admonish Leocadia to show no fear to Goya?
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta determine that Leocadia is nervous and distraught?
4. What does Gumersinda say a wife would do for Goya?
5. How does Goya resolve the controversy between Gumersinda and Leocadia about where to celebrate Christmas?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)