|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a Comunero?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A courtier.
(c) A member of a liberal secret society.
(d) A Communist.
2. What imaginary creatures does Goya paint and believe to be real?
3. Why does Leocadia call Goya insane?
(a) Because he is terrified.
(b) Because he is in great danger, but unafraid.
(c) Because he is unaware of the danger.
(d) Because he is too stubborn to ask King Ferdinand's pardon.
4. What does Leocadia tell Father Duaso her husband has done?
(a) Beaten her.
(b) Betrayed her.
(c) Abandoned her.
(d) Disowned her.
5. Who is Martin Zapater?
(a) Goya's brother-in-law.
(b) Goya's critic.
(c) Goya's neighbor.
(d) Goya's childhood friend.
6. In what city does Goya live?
7. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
(a) For not helping him with his work.
(b) For not watching the children.
(c) For lying to him.
(d) For making fun of him behind his back.
8. What has Goya done with his estate?
(a) Willed it to his grandson, Marianito.
(b) Willed it to his family in equal shares.
(c) Willed it to his daughter, Mariquita.
(d) Willed it to Leocadia.
9. What artifacts does King Ferdinand keep beside him?
(a) A pistol, a sewing basket, and an apple.
(b) A sewing basket, a rod, and an apple.
(c) A sceptre, a rod, and a sewing basket.
(d) A sewing basket, a spyglass, and a pistol.
10. What sound annoys Goya as he tries to paint?
(a) People screaming.
(b) Bats shrieking.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) Cats meowing.
11. Why does Leocadia let Goya go out by himself?
(a) So she can speak to Dr. Arrieta alone.
(b) So she can examine his new painting.
(c) So she can clean the room.
(d) So she can have some peace and quiet.
12. What is the picture on the wall during most of Part 1, Scene 2?
(a) Witches' Sabbath.
(b) Saturn eating his child.
13. What does Gumersinda say a wife would do for Goya?
(a) Provide him with children.
(b) Make him a cuckold.
(c) Invigorate him.
(d) Cheer him up.
14. How does Gumersinda insult Leocadia?
(a) By refusing to invite her home.
(b) By mentioning her unkempt appearance.
(c) By refusing to take the tea she offers.
(d) By referring to Goya as "your master."
15. What sound does it seem to Goya that Gumersinda makes when she talks?
(a) A hen's cackling.
(b) A donkey's bray.
(c) A cat's meow.
(d) A bat's screech.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leocadia believe Goya's family feels about him?
2. Who is Juan Pablo Bonet?
3. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
4. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest to help Leocadia?
5. What does Goya say Leocadia is?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)