|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
(a) He learned sign language.
(b) He studied art.
(c) He studied psychology.
(d) He studied phrenology.
2. How does Leocadia evaluate Goya's recent paintings?
(a) They're appealing.
(b) They're magnificent.
(c) They're appalling.
(d) They're valuable.
3. What weapon does Goya keep near him?
(a) A mallet.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
4. What was the effect of the Constitution of 1812?
(a) Exiling the dissenters.
(b) Expanding the King's power.
(c) Curtailing the King's power.
(d) Creating a parliament.
5. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest to help Leocadia?
(a) A long rest.
(b) A tonic.
(c) A change of scenery.
(d) A daily nap.
6. What did Goya think the flying men were when he first saw them?
(c) His imagination.
(d) Frenchmen in new machines.
7. What does Gumersinda say a wife would do for Goya?
(a) Cheer him up.
(b) Make him a cuckold.
(c) Provide him with children.
(d) Invigorate him.
8. What imaginary creatures does Goya paint and believe to be real?
9. How has Goya offended Calomarde?
(a) He disclosed Calomarde's secrets.
(b) He painted Calomarde's wives.
(c) He portrayed Calomarde as ugly and vicious.
(d) He refused to paint his portrait.
10. What sound annoys Goya as he tries to paint?
(a) Bats shrieking.
(b) Cats meowing.
(c) People screaming.
(d) Dogs barking.
11. Where did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
(a) At his mother's knee.
(b) In exile.
(c) At his aunt's country estate.
(d) In the winter castle.
12. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
13. What does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing at the bridge?
(a) Flirting with a soldier.
(b) Fighting with Gumersinda.
(c) Conspiring with the King's volunteers.
14. What kind of subjects does King Ferdinand hope for?
(a) Fighting cocks.
(b) Courageous and intelligent.
(c) Obedient and frightened.
(d) Loyal and fearless.
15. What is a Comunero?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A courtier.
(c) A member of a liberal secret society.
(d) A Communist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What artifact does Goya keep that is the same as King Ferdinand's?
2. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
3. Why does King Ferdinand refuse to start another Inquisition?
4. What is Leocadia's first lie to Goya?
5. What sound does it seem to Goya that Gumersinda makes when she talks?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)