|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the effect of the Constitution of 1812?
(a) Exiling the dissenters.
(b) Expanding the King's power.
(c) Curtailing the King's power.
(d) Creating a parliament.
2. What advancement has Father Duaso recently received?
(a) He's been made a cardinal.
(b) He's been made chaplain to King Ferdinand.
(c) He's been made archbishop.
(d) He's been made abbott.
3. Where is Leocadia in Goya's painting?
(a) In a kitchen.
(b) In a bedroom.
(c) In a church.
(d) In a cemetery.
4. What imaginary creatures does Goya paint and believe to be real?
5. What is a Comunero?
(a) A Communist.
(b) A member of a liberal secret society.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A courtier.
6. For whom has King Ferdinand declared the death penalty?
(a) Masons and Jews.
(b) Catholics and Masons.
(c) Masons and comuneros.
(d) Jews and Catholics.
7. In Part 1, Scene 1, why are King Ferdinand's appointments for tomorrow far apart?
(a) There is a lot to do between meetings.
(b) King Ferdinand needs to nap between meetings.
(c) They must not see each other.
(d) Some participants must attend both meetings.
8. What sound does it seem to Goya that Leocadia makes when she talks?
(a) A hen's cackling.
(b) A bat's screech.
(c) A cat's meow.
(d) A donkey's bray.
9. What does the audience learn about Leocadia's husband from Gumersinda's remarks?
(a) He is patient and hopeful.
(b) He is cruel and violent.
(c) He is younger than Goya.
(d) He is infirm.
10. Why does Leocadia call Goya insane?
(a) Because he is too stubborn to ask King Ferdinand's pardon.
(b) Because he is terrified.
(c) Because he is unaware of the danger.
(d) Because he is in great danger, but unafraid.
11. In what city does Goya live?
12. What kind of subjects does King Ferdinand hope for?
(a) Loyal and fearless.
(b) Fighting cocks.
(c) Courageous and intelligent.
(d) Obedient and frightened.
13. Where does Gumersinda want to celebrate Christmas?
(a) At Goya's house.
(b) At Gumersinda's house.
(c) At the Costa del Sol.
(d) In France.
14. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
(a) He studied psychology.
(b) He learned sign language.
(c) He studied phrenology.
(d) He studied art.
15. How long has Leocadia been with Goya?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six months.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Leocadia's son Guillermo?
2. What artifacts does King Ferdinand keep beside him?
3. What does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing at the bridge?
4. Why does Leocadia let Goya go out by himself?
5. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)