|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Leocadia in Goya's painting?
(a) In a church.
(b) In a kitchen.
(c) In a bedroom.
(d) In a cemetery.
2. Who is Juan Pablo Bonet?
(a) A Spanish painter.
(b) A magistrate.
(c) The inventor of a sign language.
(d) A neighbor of Goya's.
3. Why did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
(a) To sharpen his senses.
(b) To express his creativity.
(c) To calm his nerves.
(d) To impress his subjects.
4. Why was Goya denounced to the Holy Inquisition?
(a) For insulting King Ferdinand.
(b) For painting a nude woman.
(c) For living with another man's wife.
(d) For having children out of wedlock.
5. Why does Goya say those who painted the cross on his door must be theologians?
(a) They used the symbol of the cross.
(b) They wrote the word "heretic."
(c) They came on behalf of the church.
(d) They were sent by the Inquisition.
6. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
7. What does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing at the bridge?
(a) Flirting with a soldier.
(b) Fighting with Gumersinda.
(d) Conspiring with the King's volunteers.
8. How does Gumersinda insult Leocadia?
(a) By refusing to take the tea she offers.
(b) By refusing to invite her home.
(c) By mentioning her unkempt appearance.
(d) By referring to Goya as "your master."
9. What does Leocadia tell Father Duaso her husband has done?
(a) Beaten her.
(b) Betrayed her.
(c) Disowned her.
(d) Abandoned her.
10. How long has Leocadia been with Goya?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
11. Why is Goya depressed by Gumersinda's visit?
(a) She didn't bring her husband.
(b) She can't stay long.
(c) She didn't bring a gift.
(d) She didn't bring his grandchildren.
12. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
(a) Goya is a proud and stubborn man.
(b) Goya is an unskilled and arrogant man.
(c) Goya is a vain and foolish man.
(d) Goya is a secretive and untrustworthy man.
13. What sound does it seem to Goya that Gumersinda makes when she talks?
(a) A bat's screech.
(b) A cat's meow.
(c) A donkey's bray.
(d) A hen's cackling.
14. What sound does it seem to Goya that Leocadia makes when she talks?
(a) A donkey's bray.
(b) A bat's screech.
(c) A cat's meow.
(d) A hen's cackling.
15. Where are Goya's children?
(a) At the home of Dr. Arrieta.
(b) In the woods.
(c) At the home of an architect named Perez.
(d) At the home of Martin Zapater.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goya think Leocadia wants to go to France?
2. What does Leocadia call Goya?
3. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
4. What does Leocadia want Dr. Arrieta to do?
5. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)