|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound annoys Goya as he tries to paint?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) Bats shrieking.
(c) People screaming.
(d) Cats meowing.
2. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
(a) Goya is a proud and stubborn man.
(b) Goya is a vain and foolish man.
(c) Goya is an unskilled and arrogant man.
(d) Goya is a secretive and untrustworthy man.
3. How does Gumersinda insult Leocadia?
(a) By refusing to take the tea she offers.
(b) By mentioning her unkempt appearance.
(c) By referring to Goya as "your master."
(d) By refusing to invite her home.
4. What did Goya think the flying men were when he first saw them?
(a) His imagination.
(b) Frenchmen in new machines.
5. What does Leocadia want Dr. Arrieta to do?
(a) Persuade Goya to go to France.
(b) Persuade Goya to admit wrongdoing.
(c) Persuade Goya to rest more.
(d) Persuade Goya to apologize to the king.
6. Where are Goya's children?
(a) At the home of Martin Zapater.
(b) At the home of Dr. Arrieta.
(c) At the home of an architect named Perez.
(d) In the woods.
7. What is the picture on the wall during most of Part 1, Scene 2?
(b) Saturn eating his child.
(c) Witches' Sabbath.
8. In what year does the action of this play take place?
9. How does Goya resolve the controversy between Gumersinda and Leocadia about where to celebrate Christmas?
(a) Goya says he will celebrate at Gumersinda's home.
(b) Goya says he will not celebrate away from his own home.
(c) Goya says he will not celebrate Christmas this year.
(d) Goya says he will celebrate Christmas in France.
10. What does King Ferdinand order Calomarde to do?
(a) Draw his sword.
(b) Double the guard.
(c) Search the palace.
(d) Search the courtyard.
11. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
12. What advancement has Father Duaso recently received?
(a) He's been made abbott.
(b) He's been made archbishop.
(c) He's been made chaplain to King Ferdinand.
(d) He's been made a cardinal.
13. What has Goya done with his estate?
(a) Willed it to his family in equal shares.
(b) Willed it to Leocadia.
(c) Willed it to his daughter, Mariquita.
(d) Willed it to his grandson, Marianito.
14. What weapon does Goya keep near him?
(a) A mallet.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sword.
(d) A shotgun.
15. Who is Juan Pablo Bonet?
(a) A neighbor of Goya's.
(b) A magistrate.
(c) A Spanish painter.
(d) The inventor of a sign language.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Ferdinand think needlework would do for his subjects?
2. What artifacts does King Ferdinand keep beside him?
3. What does Goya accuse Leocadia of doing at the bridge?
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta want to protect Goya from information about King Ferdinand's decrees?
5. Who is Martin Zapater?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)