|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Arrieta want to protect Goya from information about King Ferdinand's decrees?
(a) He is afraid that Goya won't believe him.
(b) He is afraid that Goya will attack the king.
(c) He is worried that Goya will do something violent.
(d) He is worried that fear may jeopardize his health.
2. What sound does it seem to Goya that Leocadia makes when she talks?
(a) A bat's screech.
(b) A hen's cackling.
(c) A cat's meow.
(d) A donkey's bray.
3. Where is Leocadia in Goya's painting?
(a) In a cemetery.
(b) In a church.
(c) In a bedroom.
(d) In a kitchen.
4. How old is Leocadia's son Guillermo?
5. What was the effect of the Constitution of 1812?
(a) Expanding the King's power.
(b) Creating a parliament.
(c) Exiling the dissenters.
(d) Curtailing the King's power.
6. In what city does Goya live?
7. What sound frightens King Ferdinand?
(a) A scream.
(b) A beating heart.
(c) The wind.
(d) A knock at the door.
8. What kind of subjects does King Ferdinand hope for?
(a) Loyal and fearless.
(b) Courageous and intelligent.
(c) Fighting cocks.
(d) Obedient and frightened.
9. What does Leocadia tell Father Duaso her husband has done?
(a) Disowned her.
(b) Betrayed her.
(c) Beaten her.
(d) Abandoned her.
10. Why does Goya think Leocadia wants to go to France?
(a) She's bored.
(b) She's afraid of King Ferdinand's vengeance.
(c) She's anxious to get away from her husband.
(d) She wants the children to have a better education.
11. What sound annoys Goya as he tries to paint?
(a) People screaming.
(b) Bats shrieking.
(c) Cats meowing.
(d) Dogs barking.
12. What is the Green Book?
(a) A list of Masons.
(b) King Ferdinand's record of personal wrongs he suffered.
(c) King Ferdinand's list of dissenters.
(d) A list of liberals.
13. What confidential order does King Ferdinand give Calomarde?
(a) Goya is to come to him tomorrow.
(b) Calomarde is to return to him tomorrow.
(c) The Royal Volunteers are to come to him tomorrow.
(d) Martin Zapater is to come to him tomorrow.
14. What artifacts does King Ferdinand keep beside him?
(a) A sceptre, a rod, and a sewing basket.
(b) A sewing basket, a spyglass, and a pistol.
(c) A pistol, a sewing basket, and an apple.
(d) A sewing basket, a rod, and an apple.
15. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
(a) Goya is a vain and foolish man.
(b) Goya is an unskilled and arrogant man.
(c) Goya is a proud and stubborn man.
(d) Goya is a secretive and untrustworthy man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hearing his shouts, what does Leocadia suggest must have happened to Goya?
2. Who else heard the noise that frightens King Ferdinand?
3. How old is Leocadia's daughter Mariquita?
4. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
5. What royal decree frightens Leocadia?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)