|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest to help Leocadia?
(a) A tonic.
(b) A change of scenery.
(c) A daily nap.
(d) A long rest.
2. What has Goya done with his estate?
(a) Willed it to his daughter, Mariquita.
(b) Willed it to his family in equal shares.
(c) Willed it to his grandson, Marianito.
(d) Willed it to Leocadia.
3. What artifact does Goya keep that is the same as King Ferdinand's?
(a) A pistol.
(b) A sewing basket.
(c) An apple.
(d) A spyglass.
4. What sound annoys Goya as he tries to paint?
(a) Cats meowing.
(b) People screaming.
(c) Bats shrieking.
(d) Dogs barking.
5. What does Leocadia want Dr. Arrieta to do?
(a) Persuade Goya to admit wrongdoing.
(b) Persuade Goya to rest more.
(c) Persuade Goya to go to France.
(d) Persuade Goya to apologize to the king.
6. Who else heard the noise that frightens King Ferdinand?
(a) The guards stationed at the door.
(c) The guards in the courtyard.
7. Why does Leocadia call Goya insane?
(a) Because he is unaware of the danger.
(b) Because he is in great danger, but unafraid.
(c) Because he is terrified.
(d) Because he is too stubborn to ask King Ferdinand's pardon.
8. What does Leocadia call Goya?
9. Goya tells Dr. Arrieta that Leocadia wants to go to France for what reason?
(a) To learn French cooking.
(b) To save Goya's life.
(c) To protect the children.
(d) To find French men.
10. What is Leocadia's second lie to Goya?
(a) Mariquita is visiting relatives.
(b) Mariquita is asleep.
(c) Mariquita has gone for a walk.
(d) Mariquita is in the other room.
11. For what was Riego executed?
(a) Conspiring with France.
(c) Disorderly conduct.
(d) Inciting to riot.
12. What does King Ferdinand order Calomarde to do?
(a) Search the courtyard.
(b) Search the palace.
(c) Double the guard.
(d) Draw his sword.
13. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
(a) Goya is a vain and foolish man.
(b) Goya is an unskilled and arrogant man.
(c) Goya is a secretive and untrustworthy man.
(d) Goya is a proud and stubborn man.
14. How does Goya react to the sounds he imagines Gumersinda and Leocadia making when they speak?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is moved to tears.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He believes his hearing is restored.
15. Why was Goya denounced to the Holy Inquisition?
(a) For living with another man's wife.
(b) For having children out of wedlock.
(c) For insulting King Ferdinand.
(d) For painting a nude woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Leocadia evaluate Goya's recent paintings?
2. How old is Leocadia's daughter Mariquita?
3. Hearing his shouts, what does Leocadia suggest must have happened to Goya?
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta want to protect Goya from information about King Ferdinand's decrees?
5. How does Leocadia believe Goya's family feels about him?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)