|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound frightens King Ferdinand?
(a) The wind.
(b) A knock at the door.
(c) A beating heart.
(d) A scream.
2. What does the audience learn about Leocadia's husband from Gumersinda's remarks?
(a) He is infirm.
(b) He is patient and hopeful.
(c) He is younger than Goya.
(d) He is cruel and violent.
3. What sound annoys Goya as he tries to paint?
(a) Dogs barking.
(b) Bats shrieking.
(c) People screaming.
(d) Cats meowing.
4. What happens to the dialogue enclosed between these << >> symbols?
(a) It is shouted.
(b) It is spoken but unheard.
(c) It is not spoken.
(d) It is directed at the audience.
5. What is a Comunero?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A Communist.
(c) A member of a liberal secret society.
(d) A courtier.
6. What time is Father Duaso to attend King Ferdinand?
(a) Three in the afternoon.
(b) Ten in the morning.
(c) Five in the evening.
7. Where is Leocadia in Goya's painting?
(a) In a kitchen.
(b) In a cemetery.
(c) In a bedroom.
(d) In a church.
8. What is the Green Book?
(a) A list of Masons.
(b) A list of liberals.
(c) King Ferdinand's record of personal wrongs he suffered.
(d) King Ferdinand's list of dissenters.
9. How does Gumersinda insult Leocadia?
(a) By refusing to invite her home.
(b) By refusing to take the tea she offers.
(c) By mentioning her unkempt appearance.
(d) By referring to Goya as "your master."
10. What does Leocadia suggest that horrifies Gumersinda?
(a) Goya might consider marriage.
(b) Goya might move to France.
(c) Goya might apologize to the king.
(d) Goya might withdraw her inheritance.
11. What has Goya done with his estate?
(a) Willed it to his grandson, Marianito.
(b) Willed it to his daughter, Mariquita.
(c) Willed it to his family in equal shares.
(d) Willed it to Leocadia.
12. Why was Goya denounced to the Holy Inquisition?
(a) For having children out of wedlock.
(b) For insulting King Ferdinand.
(c) For painting a nude woman.
(d) For living with another man's wife.
13. What weapon does Goya keep near him?
(a) A knife.
(b) A shotgun.
(c) A sword.
(d) A mallet.
14. Who is Martin Zapater?
(a) Goya's brother-in-law.
(b) Goya's neighbor.
(c) Goya's critic.
(d) Goya's childhood friend.
15. Why did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
(a) To impress his subjects.
(b) To calm his nerves.
(c) To express his creativity.
(d) To sharpen his senses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Leocadia want to celebrate Christmas?
2. Where did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
3. What does Leocadia call Goya?
4. Why does Leocadia think Goya is demented?
5. What is Father Duaso in charge of?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)