Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does King Ferdinand dislike Masons?
(a) They have secrets.
(b) They have liberal aims.
(c) They are anarchists.
(d) They are republicans.
2. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
(a) He studied art.
(b) He studied psychology.
(c) He studied phrenology.
(d) He learned sign language.
3. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
(a) He picks up his pistol.
(b) He hides behind the curtain.
(c) He calls for the guards.
(d) He draws his sword.
4. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
(a) Goya is a vain and foolish man.
(b) Goya is an unskilled and arrogant man.
(c) Goya is a proud and stubborn man.
(d) Goya is a secretive and untrustworthy man.
5. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
(a) He is an enemy to be reckoned with.
(b) He is a fool or a brave man.
(c) He is a disgrace to Spain.
(d) He is a genius or an idiot.
6. Why does Gumersinda admonish Leocadia to show no fear to Goya?
(a) To keep from making him angry.
(b) To keep him from fleeing the country.
(c) To keep him from inciting a rebellion.
(d) To avoid upsetting him.
7. What did Goya think the flying men were when he first saw them?
(b) Frenchmen in new machines.
(d) His imagination.
8. What artifact does Goya keep that is the same as King Ferdinand's?
(a) A spyglass.
(b) A pistol.
(c) An apple.
(d) A sewing basket.
9. How does Leocadia evaluate Goya's recent paintings?
(a) They're appealing.
(b) They're magnificent.
(c) They're appalling.
(d) They're valuable.
10. What royal decree frightens Leocadia?
(a) King Ferdinand has sent the guard to seek liberals.
(b) King Ferdinand has banished all liberals.
(c) King Ferdinand has put out a reward for harming liberals.
(d) King Ferdinand will pardon anyone harming liberals.
11. What happens to the dialogue enclosed between these << >> symbols?
(a) It is spoken but unheard.
(b) It is shouted.
(c) It is not spoken.
(d) It is directed at the audience.
12. What is Leocadia's second lie to Goya?
(a) Mariquita is in the other room.
(b) Mariquita is asleep.
(c) Mariquita has gone for a walk.
(d) Mariquita is visiting relatives.
13. How does Goya resolve the controversy between Gumersinda and Leocadia about where to celebrate Christmas?
(a) Goya says he will not celebrate Christmas this year.
(b) Goya says he will celebrate at Gumersinda's home.
(c) Goya says he will not celebrate away from his own home.
(d) Goya says he will celebrate Christmas in France.
14. Why does Leocadia think Goya is demented?
(a) He won't ask King Ferdinand's pardon.
(b) He is always sad.
(c) He hears things and talks to invisible beings.
(d) He misjudges her.
15. Why does Goya think Leocadia wants to go to France?
(a) She's bored.
(b) She wants the children to have a better education.
(c) She's afraid of King Ferdinand's vengeance.
(d) She's anxious to get away from her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does King Ferdinand order Calomarde to do?
2. What weapon does Goya keep near him?
3. Why does Leocadia call Goya insane?
4. What imaginary creatures does Goya paint and believe to be real?
5. How old is Leocadia's daughter Mariquita?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)