|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gumersinda say a wife would do for Goya?
(a) Cheer him up.
(b) Provide him with children.
(c) Make him a cuckold.
(d) Invigorate him.
2. Why does Leocadia think Goya is demented?
(a) He hears things and talks to invisible beings.
(b) He is always sad.
(c) He won't ask King Ferdinand's pardon.
(d) He misjudges her.
3. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
(a) He picks up his pistol.
(b) He hides behind the curtain.
(c) He draws his sword.
(d) He calls for the guards.
4. How long has Leocadia been with Goya?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Five years.
5. Why does King Ferdinand dislike Masons?
(a) They are anarchists.
(b) They have secrets.
(c) They are republicans.
(d) They have liberal aims.
6. What kind of subjects does King Ferdinand hope for?
(a) Loyal and fearless.
(b) Fighting cocks.
(c) Courageous and intelligent.
(d) Obedient and frightened.
7. What does Leocadia call Goya?
8. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest to help Leocadia?
(a) A tonic.
(b) A change of scenery.
(c) A daily nap.
(d) A long rest.
9. What was the effect of the Constitution of 1812?
(a) Creating a parliament.
(b) Expanding the King's power.
(c) Curtailing the King's power.
(d) Exiling the dissenters.
10. What is unusual about the dialogue in quotation marks?
(a) It is actual Goya text.
(b) It is part of a monologue.
(c) It is shouted.
(d) It is part of a soliloquy.
11. What sound frightens King Ferdinand?
(a) A knock at the door.
(b) The wind.
(c) A beating heart.
(d) A scream.
12. What does Leocadia suggest that horrifies Gumersinda?
(a) Goya might withdraw her inheritance.
(b) Goya might apologize to the king.
(c) Goya might consider marriage.
(d) Goya might move to France.
13. Where did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
(a) At his mother's knee.
(b) In exile.
(c) In the winter castle.
(d) At his aunt's country estate.
14. For what was Riego executed?
(b) Disorderly conduct.
(c) Inciting to riot.
(d) Conspiring with France.
15. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
2. Where does Gumersinda want to celebrate Christmas?
3. How has King Ferdinand dealt with liberal dissenters?
4. What sound does it seem to Goya that Leocadia makes when she talks?
5. Where does Leocadia want to celebrate Christmas?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)