|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has King Ferdinand dealt with liberal dissenters?
(a) Interminable court cases.
(b) Reorientation therapies.
(c) Prolonged imprisonment.
(d) Summary executions and banishments.
2. What does Leocadia want Dr. Arrieta to do?
(a) Persuade Goya to go to France.
(b) Persuade Goya to admit wrongdoing.
(c) Persuade Goya to apologize to the king.
(d) Persuade Goya to rest more.
3. How old is Leocadia's daughter Mariquita?
4. What activity occupies King Ferdinand?
5. What imaginary creatures does Goya paint and believe to be real?
6. How long has Leocadia been with Goya?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
7. Who else heard the noise that frightens King Ferdinand?
(b) The guards stationed at the door.
(c) The guards in the courtyard.
8. What kind of subjects does King Ferdinand hope for?
(a) Fighting cocks.
(b) Loyal and fearless.
(c) Obedient and frightened.
(d) Courageous and intelligent.
9. What is Leocadia's first lie to Goya?
(a) Mariquita is visiting relatives.
(b) Mariquita is in the other room.
(c) Mariquita is asleep.
(d) Mariquita has gone for a walk.
10. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
(a) He studied art.
(b) He studied phrenology.
(c) He studied psychology.
(d) He learned sign language.
11. How does Goya react to the sounds he imagines Gumersinda and Leocadia making when they speak?
(a) He is moved to tears.
(b) He believes his hearing is restored.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He laughs.
12. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
(a) For making fun of him behind his back.
(b) For not watching the children.
(c) For not helping him with his work.
(d) For lying to him.
13. Why does Leocadia call Goya insane?
(a) Because he is too stubborn to ask King Ferdinand's pardon.
(b) Because he is terrified.
(c) Because he is unaware of the danger.
(d) Because he is in great danger, but unafraid.
14. How does Leocadia evaluate Goya's recent paintings?
(a) They're appealing.
(b) They're valuable.
(c) They're magnificent.
(d) They're appalling.
15. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
(a) He draws his sword.
(b) He calls for the guards.
(c) He hides behind the curtain.
(d) He picks up his pistol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Arrieta suggest to help Leocadia?
2. What was the effect of the Constitution of 1812?
3. What does Leocadia tell Father Duaso her husband has done?
4. What sound annoys Goya as he tries to paint?
5. Hearing his shouts, what does Leocadia suggest must have happened to Goya?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)