|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound annoys Goya as he tries to paint?
(a) Bats shrieking.
(b) People screaming.
(c) Dogs barking.
(d) Cats meowing.
2. Why does King Ferdinand dislike Masons?
(a) They have secrets.
(b) They have liberal aims.
(c) They are anarchists.
(d) They are republicans.
3. Why does Goya become angry with Leocadia?
(a) For making fun of him behind his back.
(b) For not helping him with his work.
(c) For lying to him.
(d) For not watching the children.
4. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
(a) Goya is a vain and foolish man.
(b) Goya is an unskilled and arrogant man.
(c) Goya is a secretive and untrustworthy man.
(d) Goya is a proud and stubborn man.
5. How has Goya offended Calomarde?
(a) He disclosed Calomarde's secrets.
(b) He painted Calomarde's wives.
(c) He refused to paint his portrait.
(d) He portrayed Calomarde as ugly and vicious.
6. In what year does the action of this play take place?
7. Why is Goya depressed by Gumersinda's visit?
(a) She can't stay long.
(b) She didn't bring a gift.
(c) She didn't bring her husband.
(d) She didn't bring his grandchildren.
8. Why does Leocadia let Goya go out by himself?
(a) So she can examine his new painting.
(b) So she can have some peace and quiet.
(c) So she can clean the room.
(d) So she can speak to Dr. Arrieta alone.
9. Where did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
(a) In exile.
(b) In the winter castle.
(c) At his mother's knee.
(d) At his aunt's country estate.
10. How long has Goya been deaf?
(a) Thirty-one years.
(b) All his life.
(c) Thirty days.
(d) Since he was thirty-one.
11. Goya tells Dr. Arrieta that Leocadia wants to go to France for what reason?
(a) To learn French cooking.
(b) To find French men.
(c) To protect the children.
(d) To save Goya's life.
12. What weapon does Goya keep near him?
(a) A shotgun.
(b) A mallet.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
13. What does King Ferdinand think needlework would do for his subjects?
(a) Make them more docile.
(b) Make them more creative.
(c) Make them more disciplined.
(d) Make them more interesting.
14. For whom has King Ferdinand declared the death penalty?
(a) Catholics and Masons.
(b) Masons and Jews.
(c) Jews and Catholics.
(d) Masons and comuneros.
15. What is Leocadia's second lie to Goya?
(a) Mariquita is in the other room.
(b) Mariquita has gone for a walk.
(c) Mariquita is visiting relatives.
(d) Mariquita is asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
2. What royal decree frightens Leocadia?
3. What was the effect of the Constitution of 1812?
4. What does Leocadia call Goya?
5. Why does Goya think Leocadia wants to go to France?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)