|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Leocadia believe Goya's family feels about him?
(a) They are like vultures waiting for him to die.
(b) They are worried that he is in danger.
(c) They are heartbroken at his increasing weakness.
(d) They are trying to cheat him out of his estate.
2. Hearing his shouts, what does Leocadia suggest must have happened to Goya?
(a) A cat must have scratched him.
(b) A bat must have frightened him.
(c) A dog must have bitten him.
(d) A scorpion must have bitten him.
3. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
(a) He picks up his pistol.
(b) He draws his sword.
(c) He hides behind the curtain.
(d) He calls for the guards.
4. How does Goya resolve the controversy between Gumersinda and Leocadia about where to celebrate Christmas?
(a) Goya says he will celebrate Christmas in France.
(b) Goya says he will not celebrate Christmas this year.
(c) Goya says he will not celebrate away from his own home.
(d) Goya says he will celebrate at Gumersinda's home.
5. Goya tells Dr. Arrieta that Leocadia wants to go to France for what reason?
(a) To learn French cooking.
(b) To protect the children.
(c) To save Goya's life.
(d) To find French men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Goya offended Calomarde?
2. What activity occupies King Ferdinand?
3. In what year does the action of this play take place?
4. What does Goya say is causing him to hear voices?
5. When did King Ferdinand issue the order to Goya regarding his court appearances?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)