|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does King Ferdinand respond to the frightening sound?
(a) He picks up his pistol.
(b) He draws his sword.
(c) He calls for the guards.
(d) He hides behind the curtain.
2. What former order does Goya claim to obey?
(a) King Ferdinand had ordered Goya to leave the country.
(b) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace.
(c) King Ferdinand had told Goya never to appear at the palace unless summoned.
(d) King Ferdinand had given Goya free reign to paint according to his own muse.
3. In Part 1, Scene 1, why are King Ferdinand's appointments for tomorrow far apart?
(a) They must not see each other.
(b) King Ferdinand needs to nap between meetings.
(c) Some participants must attend both meetings.
(d) There is a lot to do between meetings.
4. What does Leocadia want Dr. Arrieta to do?
(a) Persuade Goya to apologize to the king.
(b) Persuade Goya to go to France.
(c) Persuade Goya to rest more.
(d) Persuade Goya to admit wrongdoing.
5. What activity occupies King Ferdinand?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does King Ferdinand characterize Goya to Calomarde?
2. Who is Juan Pablo Bonet?
3. How has King Ferdinand dealt with liberal dissenters?
4. What does the voice of Mariquita first tell Goya has happened?
5. What does Leocadia tell Goya will happen to the button?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)