|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the dialogue in quotation marks?
(a) It is shouted.
(b) It is actual Goya text.
(c) It is part of a soliloquy.
(d) It is part of a monologue.
2. What is the only subject Dr. Arrieta is willing to discuss with Father Duaso?
(a) The health of spirits.
(b) The health of minds.
(c) The health of bodies.
(d) The health of hearts.
3. What artifact does Goya keep that is the same as King Ferdinand's?
(a) A spyglass.
(b) An apple.
(c) A pistol.
(d) A sewing basket.
4. How does Leocadia believe Goya's family feels about him?
(a) They are heartbroken at his increasing weakness.
(b) They are worried that he is in danger.
(c) They are trying to cheat him out of his estate.
(d) They are like vultures waiting for him to die.
5. What advancement has Father Duaso recently received?
(a) He's been made a cardinal.
(b) He's been made abbott.
(c) He's been made chaplain to King Ferdinand.
(d) He's been made archbishop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Gumersinda want to celebrate Christmas?
2. Why does Leocadia let Goya go out by himself?
3. How does Goya resolve the controversy between Gumersinda and Leocadia about where to celebrate Christmas?
4. What is Leocadia's second lie to Goya?
5. Why does Goya say those who painted the cross on his door must be theologians?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)