|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound does it seem to Goya that Gumersinda makes when she talks?
(a) A cat's meow.
(b) A bat's screech.
(c) A donkey's bray.
(d) A hen's cackling.
2. What advancement has Father Duaso recently received?
(a) He's been made a cardinal.
(b) He's been made abbott.
(c) He's been made chaplain to King Ferdinand.
(d) He's been made archbishop.
3. For what was Riego executed?
(a) Inciting to riot.
(c) Disorderly conduct.
(d) Conspiring with France.
4. What is the picture on the wall during most of Part 1, Scene 2?
(c) Witches' Sabbath.
(d) Saturn eating his child.
5. What activity occupies King Ferdinand?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Goya denounced to the Holy Inquisition?
2. Why does Gumersinda admonish Leocadia to show no fear to Goya?
3. Who is Vicente Lopez?
4. What does Leocadia tell Father Duaso her husband has done?
5. In what city does Goya live?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)