|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the dialogue enclosed between these << >> symbols?
(a) It is shouted.
(b) It is directed at the audience.
(c) It is spoken but unheard.
(d) It is not spoken.
2. For whom has King Ferdinand declared the death penalty?
(a) Masons and comuneros.
(b) Masons and Jews.
(c) Jews and Catholics.
(d) Catholics and Masons.
3. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
(a) He is a fool or a brave man.
(b) He is a disgrace to Spain.
(c) He is a genius or an idiot.
(d) He is an enemy to be reckoned with.
4. What is Leocadia's first lie to Goya?
(a) Mariquita is asleep.
(b) Mariquita is in the other room.
(c) Mariquita has gone for a walk.
(d) Mariquita is visiting relatives.
5. In Part 1, Scene 1, why are King Ferdinand's appointments for tomorrow far apart?
(a) Some participants must attend both meetings.
(b) King Ferdinand needs to nap between meetings.
(c) There is a lot to do between meetings.
(d) They must not see each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sound annoys Goya as he tries to paint?
2. Why was Goya denounced to the Holy Inquisition?
3. What time is Father Duaso to attend King Ferdinand?
4. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
5. What is Leocadia's second lie to Goya?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)