|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
(a) He is a genius or an idiot.
(b) He is a disgrace to Spain.
(c) He is an enemy to be reckoned with.
(d) He is a fool or a brave man.
2. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
3. What activity occupies King Ferdinand?
4. Why did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
(a) To sharpen his senses.
(b) To impress his subjects.
(c) To express his creativity.
(d) To calm his nerves.
5. What sound frightens King Ferdinand?
(a) A beating heart.
(b) A scream.
(c) The wind.
(d) A knock at the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city does Goya live?
2. In what year does the action of this play take place?
3. What confidential order does King Ferdinand give Calomarde?
4. What is unusual about the dialogue in quotation marks?
5. Who is Martin Zapater?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)