|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound frightens King Ferdinand?
(a) A beating heart.
(b) The wind.
(c) A scream.
(d) A knock at the door.
2. How has King Ferdinand dealt with liberal dissenters?
(a) Reorientation therapies.
(b) Interminable court cases.
(c) Summary executions and banishments.
(d) Prolonged imprisonment.
3. What is the Green Book?
(a) A list of liberals.
(b) King Ferdinand's record of personal wrongs he suffered.
(c) A list of Masons.
(d) King Ferdinand's list of dissenters.
4. How has Goya offended Calomarde?
(a) He portrayed Calomarde as ugly and vicious.
(b) He painted Calomarde's wives.
(c) He disclosed Calomarde's secrets.
(d) He refused to paint his portrait.
5. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
(a) He is a disgrace to Spain.
(b) He is an enemy to be reckoned with.
(c) He is a fool or a brave man.
(d) He is a genius or an idiot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
2. Where did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
3. What happens to the dialogue enclosed between these << >> symbols?
4. What is a Comunero?
5. What activity occupies King Ferdinand?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)