|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confidential order does King Ferdinand give Calomarde?
(a) Martin Zapater is to come to him tomorrow.
(b) Calomarde is to return to him tomorrow.
(c) The Royal Volunteers are to come to him tomorrow.
(d) Goya is to come to him tomorrow.
2. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
3. What time is Father Duaso to attend King Ferdinand?
(a) Three in the afternoon.
(b) Ten in the morning.
(c) Five in the evening.
4. What is unusual about the dialogue in quotation marks?
(a) It is part of a soliloquy.
(b) It is actual Goya text.
(c) It is part of a monologue.
(d) It is shouted.
5. What does King Ferdinand think needlework would do for his subjects?
(a) Make them more docile.
(b) Make them more interesting.
(c) Make them more disciplined.
(d) Make them more creative.
Short Answer Questions
1. What activity occupies King Ferdinand?
2. What artifacts does King Ferdinand keep beside him?
3. In what city does Goya live?
4. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
5. How has King Ferdinand dealt with liberal dissenters?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)