|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does King Ferdinand claim Goya has opposed?
(a) King Ferdinand's decree against liberals.
(b) King Ferdinand's absolute rights.
(c) King Ferdinand's taste in art.
(d) King Ferdinand's decree against Masons.
2. What is the picture on the wall during most of Part 1, Scene 2?
(b) Saturn eating his child.
(d) Witches' Sabbath.
3. Why does the voice of Mariquita tell Goya she has come?
(a) To comfort him.
(b) To spend time with him.
(c) To irritate him.
(d) To warn him.
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
(a) Father Duaso has taken a vow of silence.
(b) Dr. Arrieta has no other friends.
(c) Father Duaso will respect confidentiality.
(d) Father Duaso's honesty is obvious.
5. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last sound we hear in Part 1, Scene 2?
2. How does Gumersinda insult Leocadia?
3. How does Father Duaso describe Goya's paintings on the walls of his house?
4. What royal decree frightens Leocadia?
5. What is Dr. Arrieta's opinion of Goya's current state in Part 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)