|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is King Ferdinand's opinion of Goya after reading the letter?
(a) He is a genius or an idiot.
(b) He is a disgrace to Spain.
(c) He is a fool or a brave man.
(d) He is an enemy to be reckoned with.
2. Who is Vicente Lopez?
(a) A courtier.
(b) King Ferdinand's portraitist.
(c) Goya's neighbor.
(d) A Royal Volunteer.
3. What is a Comunero?
(a) A member of a liberal secret society.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A Communist.
(d) A courtier.
4. For whom has King Ferdinand declared the death penalty?
(a) Catholics and Masons.
(b) Masons and comuneros.
(c) Masons and Jews.
(d) Jews and Catholics.
5. Where did King Ferdinand learn needlework?
(a) At his mother's knee.
(b) At his aunt's country estate.
(c) In the winter castle.
(d) In exile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does King Ferdinand dislike Masons?
2. Why does Leocadia call Goya insane?
3. How many of Goya's "black paintings" are seen during this play?
4. What does King Ferdinand think needlework would do for his subjects?
5. What artifacts does King Ferdinand keep beside him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)