|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 2, how does King Ferdinand say Goya should feel?
2. Why does Gumersinda admonish Leocadia to show no fear to Goya?
(a) To keep him from fleeing the country.
(b) To keep him from inciting a rebellion.
(c) To keep from making him angry.
(d) To avoid upsetting him.
3. How does Gumersinda insult Leocadia?
(a) By refusing to take the tea she offers.
(b) By refusing to invite her home.
(c) By mentioning her unkempt appearance.
(d) By referring to Goya as "your master."
4. How does Goya react to the sounds he imagines Gumersinda and Leocadia making when they speak?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He believes his hearing is restored.
(c) He is moved to tears.
(d) He is frightened.
5. Why is Goya depressed by Gumersinda's visit?
(a) She didn't bring her husband.
(b) She can't stay long.
(c) She didn't bring his grandchildren.
(d) She didn't bring a gift.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Goya's children?
2. How long has Goya been deaf?
3. What is unusual about the dialogue in quotation marks?
4. What royal decree frightens Leocadia?
5. What does King Ferdinand insist Goya must do without any reassurance that the king has rescinded his decree?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)