|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Leocadia think Goya is demented?
(a) He hears things and talks to invisible beings.
(b) He won't ask King Ferdinand's pardon.
(c) He is always sad.
(d) He misjudges her.
2. What is Leocadia's first lie to Goya?
(a) Mariquita has gone for a walk.
(b) Mariquita is in the other room.
(c) Mariquita is asleep.
(d) Mariquita is visiting relatives.
3. What confuses Dr. Arrieta about Father Duaso's invitation to visit Goya?
(a) What does Father Duaso want to talk to Dr. Arrieta about?
(b) Why is Dr. Arrieta invited to accompany Father Duaso?
(c) Why they can't go until after 8:00.
(d) What message does Father Duaso have for Goya?
4. Why was Goya denounced to the Holy Inquisition?
(a) For having children out of wedlock.
(b) For insulting King Ferdinand.
(c) For living with another man's wife.
(d) For painting a nude woman.
5. What does King Ferdinand tell Father Duaso to do to convince Goya to ask the king's pardon?
(a) Stress the joy of King Ferdinand's favor.
(b) Stress the safety Goya will find in compliance.
(c) Stress the risk Goya is running.
(d) Stress King Ferdinand's real affection for Goya.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Father Duaso describe Goya's paintings on the walls of his house?
2. What does Goya say Leocadia is?
3. Why does Dr. Arrieta suspect Father Duaso is operating on King Ferdinand's orders?
4. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
5. What is Father Duaso's second excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)