|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom has King Ferdinand declared the death penalty?
(a) Jews and Catholics.
(b) Masons and Jews.
(c) Masons and comuneros.
(d) Catholics and Masons.
2. Why does Goya think Leocadia wants to go to France?
(a) She wants the children to have a better education.
(b) She's bored.
(c) She's anxious to get away from her husband.
(d) She's afraid of King Ferdinand's vengeance.
3. What does Dr. Arrieta say would satisfy King Ferdinand's desire for revenge on Goya?
(a) If Goya were contrite.
(b) If Goya were terrified.
(c) If Goya were courageous.
(d) If Goya were banished.
4. Who is Juan Pablo Bonet?
(a) A neighbor of Goya's.
(b) A magistrate.
(c) The inventor of a sign language.
(d) A Spanish painter.
5. What special effort has Dr. Arrieta made for Goya?
(a) He studied phrenology.
(b) He learned sign language.
(c) He studied art.
(d) He studied psychology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Dr. Arrieta give Father Duaso in Part 2, Scene 3?
2. What is Father Duaso's first excuse for Goya's refusal to come to the palace?
3. In Part 2, Scene 3, who are Goya's friends?
4. Why does Dr. Arrieta speak frankly to Father Duaso?
5. What imaginary creatures does Goya paint and believe to be real?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)