Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Part 1, Scene 1 Abstract
* King Ferdinand is embroidering.
* Calomarde wants to decree that all Spaniards learn to embroider.
* King Ferdinand refuses to allow another Inquisition.
Part 1, Scene 2 Abstract
* King Ferdinand explains that he is planning a revenge against those who did not support him.
* Calomerde shows the King an intercepted letter.
* Calomerde recounts the execution of one...
This section contains 1,454 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)