|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baer says the commissions from the Boeing sale of aircraft to Saudi Arabia were used for __________.
(a) Saudi Arabia's socialized healthcare system.
(b) Upgrades and infrastructure improvemenhe explosives to the Saudi army, and rootts.
(c) Overhead for the purchasing agents.
2. Why does Baer say the Saudi royal family hasn't taken this step?
(a) The status quo benefits too many people.
(b) People hate the West too much.
(c) There is too much division.
(d) There is too much corruption.
3. Why is this person a good role model?
(a) He weaned his country off petrodollars.
(b) He instituted democratic reforms.
(c) He cracked down on the Muslim Brotherhood.
(d) He protected his country's independence from the oil economy.
4. What happened to the Crown Prince when his father suffered a stroke?
(a) He tried to seize the throne for himself.
(b) He assumed the throne.
(c) He was sent into exile.
(d) He could not become king because the king was still alive.
5. Where did Baer go after leaving the CIA?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jamal Hamdan?
2. What does Baer say the United States government convinced Saudi Arabia to do during the Gulf War?
3. What does Baer say happened after King Fahd suffered a stroke in 1995?
4. When was Baer in Jordan?
5. Why did Abdallah make people nervous in Saudi Arabia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baer say that the Middle East nations responded to the Muslim Brotherhood?
2. How did the fall of the Soviet Union change the importance of the Middle East for America?
3. What does Baer say is the flaw in the United States policy in Saudi Arabia?
4. What does Baer say is the greatest force preserving the status quo in Saudi Arabia?
5. How does Baer say the United States influenced Saudi culture?
6. What was the first event that convinced Baer that the CIA was out of touch with what was happening in the Middle East?
7. What is Baer's feeling about the CIA's interest in terrorism?
8. What does Baer say is the effect of the Wahhabi government on Saudi culture?
9. Describe Khalid Sheikh Muhammad's biography, as Baer narrates it.
10. Who are the Alewites, and what is their role in Jordan?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)