|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Baer says the commissions from the Boeing sale of aircraft to Saudi Arabia were used for __________.
(b) Overhead for the purchasing agents.
(c) Upgrades and infrastructure improvemenhe explosives to the Saudi army, and rootts.
(d) Saudi Arabia's socialized healthcare system.
2. What is the Saudi royal family's relationship with the International Islamic Relief Organization?
(a) They are donors to it.
(b) They control it.
(c) They are owned by it.
(d) They are hostile to it.
3. Who is Danny Pearl?
(a) A U.S. hostage in Pakistan.
(b) Baer's superior.
(c) A reporter.
(d) A CIA operative.
4. Who is Asad?
(a) A military attaché from Jordan.
(b) The Jordanian Ambassador to the U.S.
(c) Head of State in Jordan.
(d) An opposition leader in India.
5. Baer says Saudis are educated in ____________.
(a) Practical trades.
(b) Humanities and social sciences.
(d) Science and technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a Congressional Research Service study say would happen if the United States took over Saudi Arabia's oil fields?
2. What did the United States try to bypass after the collapse of the Soviet Union?
3. What position did Khalid hold in Khartoum when Baer met him there?
4. How does Baer describe the Saudi society?
5. What was the Muslim Brotherhood's goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the CIA's interest in the Muslim Brotherhood, according to Baer?
2. How does Baer describe the importance of American arms in Saudi Arabia?
3. What problem was Saudi Arabia faced with when King Fahd suffered a stroke in 1995?
4. How does Baer say the United States influenced Saudi culture?
5. What terrorist attack followed the Boeing deal between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia?
6. What information did Baer pass along to the CIA that the CIA was not interested in pursuing?
7. What does Baer say is the flaw in the United States policy in Saudi Arabia?
8. Who are the Alewites, and what is their role in Jordan?
9. What does Baer say is the effect of the Wahhabi government on Saudi culture?
10. How did the fall of the Soviet Union change the importance of the Middle East for America?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)