|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the Royal family try to solve the difference between Abdallah and Fahd?
(a) They tried to keep them apart.
(b) They tried to stage a vote.
(c) They tried to force Abdallah into exile.
(d) They tried to negotiate an agreement.
2. Whose government does Baer say he thought people were planning to overthrow?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
3. Why didn't the CIA have information about the Muslim Brotherhood in the 1950s, according to Baer?
(a) They could not penetrate the Muslim Brotherhood with spies.
(b) They were more concerned about communism.
(c) Their informants were all killed.
(d) They were not aware of the group's existence.
4. Baer says Saudis are educated in ____________.
(b) Humanities and social sciences.
(c) Practical trades.
(d) Science and technology.
5. When was Khalid released from prison?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Asad do when the Muslim Brotherhood tried to have him killed?
2. How long did the Russian occupation last, which had resulted in problems with Islamic fundamentalism?
3. Why did Abdallah make people nervous in Saudi Arabia?
4. What does Baer say the United States government convinced Saudi Arabia to do during the Gulf War?
5. When did Baer leave the CIA?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the role of it International Islamic Relief Organization in the Middle East?
2. What problem was Saudi Arabia faced with when King Fahd suffered a stroke in 1995?
3. How has oil wealth affected the size of the Saudi royal family, in Baer's opinion?
4. How does Baer describe the importance of American arms in Saudi Arabia?
5. Who is Danny Pearl, and what happened to him?
6. What information did Baer pass along to the CIA that the CIA was not interested in pursuing?
7. What does Baer say was the difference between King Fahd and his son in terms of governing philosophy?
8. Who is the Muslim Brotherhood, and what is their role in the Middle East?
9. Describe Khalid Sheikh Muhammad's biography, as Baer narrates it.
10. What does Baer say would have been different if the CIA had taken a different strategy on radical Islam?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)