|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Baer get this information about Abqaiq?
(a) A Reagan-era study.
(c) A Nixon-era study.
(d) A Clinton-era study.
2. What is Bandar bin Sultan's relationship with the Washington D.C. social scene?
(a) Lavish entertainers.
(b) Frugal supporters.
(c) Abstemious hosts.
(d) Dispassionate participants.
3. What kind of aid does Baer say the Saudis gave Afghanistan and Pakistan?
(d) Military supplies.
4. Who does Baer say is partial owner of Air Cess?
(a) Russian intelligence.
(b) The CIA.
(c) Al Qaeda.
(d) The Saudi royal family.
5. Who is Victor Bout?
(a) A supplier who supplied Bin Laden with arms.
(b) A terrorist leader.
(c) An anti-terrorism expert.
(d) An oil contractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baer say the Saudis have done in order to buy influence in America?
2. What does the United States State Department shield Saudi Arabia from, according to Baer?
3. What does Baer say about Saudis who come to the United States?
4. What does the State Department proclaim about Saudi Arabia, in Baer's account?
5. What did the House of Sa'ud build in the 1970s, according to Baer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What simile does Baer say describes the relationship between the United States and Saudi money?
2. What is the relationship between Baer's assessment of Saudi Arabia and the official United States assessment?
3. What was Baer's business with Yuri?
4. How does Baer characterize the effect of oil money on the Saudi royal family?
5. What made Saudi Arabia an area of strategic importance for the United States?
6. How does Baer characterize the process by which Saudis were granted United States visas?
7. How does Baer describe the relationship between the United States and Saudi Arabia after 9/11/2001?
8. What are the important dated Baer cites in the development of Middle East oil?
9. How does Saudi Arabia use the oil market to maintain a stable relationship with the United States?
10. What protection does Baer say the United States government offers the Saudis?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)