|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baer say Washington thought of Saudi Arabia after his analysis?
(a) It was politically fragile.
(b) It was about to have a revolution.
(c) It was under Iran's influence.
(d) It was stable.
2. What makes smuggling into Saudi Arabia easy, according to Robert Baer?
(a) Open borders.
(b) Vast terrorist networks.
(c) Corrupt border guards.
3. What will Baer need in order to arrange the deal he proposes to Yuri?
(a) Extra security.
(c) Bribe money.
4. What kind of aid does Baer say the Saudis gave Afghanistan and Pakistan?
(a) Military supplies.
5. What does Baer say the United States began to discover after 9/11?
(a) Saudi Arabia was not a trusted ally.
(b) Bin Laden had freely visited relatives in Saudi Arabia.
(c) Saudis had funded the 9/11 attack.
(d) Bin Laden was supported by the Saudi royal family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Bandar bin Sultan when he became Saudi Ambassador to the U.S.?
2. What does Baer say was the United States State Department's reaction to the Saudi support in Pakistan?
3. What does Baer say the person he met with in Paris do to impress his guests?
4. What Pakistani project did the Saudi government support with more than $1 billion in aid?
5. What does Yuri offer to make the deal he is making more convincing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Baer characterize the process by which Saudis were granted United States visas?
2. What protection does Baer say the United States government offers the Saudis?
3. What would be the consequences of an attack on the Abqaiq complex, in Baer's opinion?
4. How specifically does Saudi money buy influence in Washington D.C.?
5. Who are the Wahhabis, and what is their role in Saudi culture?
6. What anecdote does Baer say illustrates the standard of business in the Middle East?
7. How does Saudi Arabia use the oil market to maintain a stable relationship with the United States?
8. What makes the Abqaiq crude oil complex vulnerable to terrorist attacks, according to Baer?
9. How does Baer characterize Adnan Khashoggi?
10. What information did Baer fish for in his conversation with Yuri, and what was Yuri's response?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)