|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baer say the black prince's family told him when he talked to them after the black prince was kidnapped?
(a) The FBI had kidnapped the black prince.
(b) They had been threatened by the kidnappers.
(c) They had been sworn to silence by the FBI.
(d) They had been harassed by the FBI.
2. What was Baer's feeling about the CIA when he left?
(a) He felt they were out of touch.
(b) He felt they were pushing their own policies too strongly.
(c) He felt they were watching the wrong threats.
(d) He felt that corruption had caused the agency to be effectively blind.
3. Whose intelligence reports described the supporters of the Chechen rebels, according to Baer?
(c) Saudi Arabia's.
4. What did the Muslim Brotherhood try to do to Asad in 1973?
(a) Overthrow him.
(b) Have him exiled.
(c) Install him in power.
(d) Assassinate him.
5. Where did Russians begin to have problems with Islamic fundamentalism?
6. What happened to the Crown Prince when his father suffered a stroke?
(a) He could not become king because the king was still alive.
(b) He was sent into exile.
(c) He assumed the throne.
(d) He tried to seize the throne for himself.
7. Why did the Saudis have difficulty paying for the Boeing deal?
(a) They were losing money to financial crises.
(b) They were spending their money contributing to the Gulf War.
(c) They had lost too much money in a financial crash.
(d) They were spending too much money on stipends for the royal family.
8. When did Russians begin to have problems with Islamic fundamentalism?
9. How long did the Russian occupation last, which had resulted in problems with Islamic fundamentalism?
(a) 17 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 4 years.
10. What does Baer say might have happened if the Muslim Brotherhood had been treated as an international organization?
(a) Sanctions would have been imposed on countries that harbored the Muslim Brotherhood.
(b) 9/11 might have been prevented.
(c) The U.S. would have found the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
(d) The U.S. would have invaded Jordan.
11. What does Baer say happened after King Fahd suffered a stroke in 1995?
(a) The military made an attempt at taking control of the country.
(b) Saudi Arabia experienced problems.
(c) A smooth transition was made.
(d) The people began to stage uprisings.
12. What does Baer say was the commission rate for Boeing's sale of aircraft to Saudi Arabia?
13. What does Baer say is the result of the growth in the Saudi royal family?
(a) Less corruption.
(b) Ineffectual attempts at reform.
(c) More crime.
(d) Secularization of society.
14. Who is protecting the status quo in Saudi Arabia?
(a) The Saudi people.
(b) The Saudi royal family.
(c) The CIA.
15. What was Baer looking into there?
(a) Osama bin Laden's activities.
(b) Hamad bin Jasim's activities.
(c) Khalid Sheikh Muhammad's activities.
(d) Corruption in the Saudi family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Baer says Saudis are educated in ____________.
2. How does the Saudi government rule?
3. What does Baer say the Saudis buy with American oil money?
4. Who is Jamal Hamdan?
5. What is the problem of the Saudi economy?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)