|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Yuri?
(a) A Jordanian terrorist.
(b) A Russian arms dealer.
(c) A United Nations inspector.
(d) An American arms expert.
2. Who is Adnan Khashoggi?
(a) A Saudi wheeler-dealer.
(b) An oil and energy advisor.
(c) A military advisor in Saudi Arabia.
(d) An opposition leader in Saudi Arabia.
3. How much of the world's supply of oil is produced in Saudi Arabia?
(a) One fifth.
(b) One fourth.
(c) One half.
(d) One third.
4. When did oil production begin in Saudi Arabia?
5. What does Baer say the United States government had not performed before the Saudis were admitted to the country?
(a) Background checks.
(b) Criminal background checks.
(d) Credit checks.
6. Whose oil is Yuri interested in?
(c) Saudi Arabia's.
7. How does Baer characterize the Saudi government in the period after 9/11?
8. When was Saudi Arabia determined to be of vital interest to the U.S.?
9. How many miles of pipeline are there in Saudi Arabia?
10. How does Baer characterize the Abqaiq crude oil complex?
(a) As a bleeding sore in the ecosystem.
(b) As a chain holding the American economy down.
(c) As a target for terrorist attacks.
(d) As a foundation to the American economy.
11. What does Baer say the United States began to discover after 9/11?
(a) Saudis had funded the 9/11 attack.
(b) Saudi Arabia was not a trusted ally.
(c) Bin Laden was supported by the Saudi royal family.
(d) Bin Laden had freely visited relatives in Saudi Arabia.
12. Who does Baer say benefited from Bandar bin Sultan' charitable giving?
(a) Organizations that helped 9/11 attackers.
(b) Organizations that sponsor cancer research.
(c) Organizations that sponsor international terrorism.
(d) Organizations that negotiate joint military actions.
13. When did oil development begin in Kirkuk?
14. What does Baer say the person he met with in Paris do to impress his guests?
(a) Threaten the group.
(b) Pay for the group.
(c) Provide drugs and guns for the group.
(d) Take the group up in his private jet.
15. What does the State Department proclaim about Saudi Arabia, in Baer's account?
(a) They are committed to fighting terrorism.
(b) They can teach United States agents how to fight terrorism.
(c) They sponsor terrorists.
(d) Their political neutrality is respected by terrorists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Baer travel in 1994?
2. Where is Kirkuk?
3. What is Wahhabism?
4. To what organizations does Bandar bin Sultan donate heavily?
5. Whom does Baer say he met at the Paris Ritz hotel?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)