|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Baer surprised by on his travels?
(a) The volume of oil exports.
(b) The rents and prices.
(c) The corruption.
(d) The political instability.
2. How old was Bandar bin Sultan when he became Saudi Ambassador to the U.S.?
3. When was the first Middle East oil well drilled?
4. Why is this oil difficult to procure?
(a) Terrorist attacks.
(b) Domestic instability.
(c) Price instability.
(d) United Nations sanctions.
5. What does Baer say the Saudi princes are well-known for?
(a) Their benevolence.
(b) Their sexual exploits.
(c) Their justice.
(d) Their business acumen.
6. What does Baer say is Bandar bin Sultan's position in Washington D.C.?
(a) One of the most corrupt.
(b) One of the most influential.
(c) One of the most compassionate.
(d) One of the most dangerous.
7. What does Baer say the Saudis have done in order to buy influence in America?
(a) Sponsor terrorism.
(b) Pass up on oil profits.
(c) Create foreign unrest.
(d) Cash in on tight oil markets.
8. What does Baer say the Saudi rulers are targets for?
(a) Foreign invasion.
(d) Terrorist attack.
9. At what stage is oil sent to Ju'aymah?
(a) When it is stored after import.
(b) When it is desulfurized.
(c) When it is ready to be loaded onto tankers.
(d) When it is ready to be refined.
10. What does Baer say is the cost of Adnan Khashoggi's lifestyle?
(a) $100,000 a week.
(b) $50,000 a year.
(c) $50,000 a day.
(d) $15,000 week.
11. Baer says Bandar bin Sultan is an expert in _____________.
(a) Petroleum refining.
(b) Military technology.
(c) Oil exploration.
(d) Public and private diplomacy.
12. What does Baer say the person he met with in Paris do to impress his guests?
(a) Pay for the group.
(b) Provide drugs and guns for the group.
(c) Threaten the group.
(d) Take the group up in his private jet.
13. Whom does Baer say the Saudi government aided?
(b) Al Qaeda.
14. What would the effect of a stoppage of the Abqaiq facility mean for the American economy?
(a) America would lose almost all of its imported oil.
(b) America would lose one third of its oil.
(c) America would not be affected.
(d) America would have to change to a diesel economy.
15. Why was Saudi oil so important?
(a) Saudi oil was the highest quality, most-easily-refined oil.
(b) Other nations could have exploited it instead of the United States.
(c) Saudi Arabia was at the heart of a politically volatile area.
(d) Whoever controlled it would control world oil supply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baer say the United States government had not performed before the Saudis were admitted to the country?
2. How does Baer characterize the Saudi government in the period after 9/11?
3. What does Yuri tell Robert Baer when Baer asks for weapons for Saudi Arabian delivery?
4. What was Bandar bin Sultan's position before he was the Saudi ambassador to the United States?
5. When did Bandar bin Sultan become Saudi ambassador to the U.S.?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)