|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the House of Sa'ud build in the 1970s, according to Baer?
(a) International treaties.
(b) Military bases.
(c) Nuclear weapons.
(d) Schools and mosques.
2. What is the Carlyle Group?
(a) A group of American investors.
(b) A group of American ideologues.
(c) A group of American military advisors.
(d) A group of Saudi petroleum engineers.
3. What does Yuri tell Robert Baer when Baer asks for weapons for Saudi Arabian delivery?
(a) He report Baer to the United Nations inspector.
(b) He does not know anyone who will handle this kind of deal.
(c) He knows an associate who can arrange this.
(d) He can arrange the purchase.
4. What does the United States State Department shield Saudi Arabia from, according to Baer?
(a) Monetary instability.
(b) Attacks on human rights abuses.
(c) Terrorist attacks.
(d) Political instability.
5. How does Baer characterize Saudi Arabia's per-capita spending on arms?
(a) Highest in the world.
(b) Second highest in the Middle East behind Israel.
(c) Highest in the Middle East.
(d) Second to the U.S.
6. What did Adnan Khashoggi allegedly leave in Nixon's residence after Nixon's election?
(a) Military plans for Russian ground forces in Korea.
(b) Blueprints for the Pakistani nuclear complex.
(c) $1 million in cash.
(d) Security codes for Saudi military installations.
7. How many miles of pipeline are there in Saudi Arabia?
8. When did the Saudi financial situation change, according to Baer?
(a) During the late 1960s.
(b) During Nixon's presidency.
(c) During the Gulf War.
(d) During the Iran-Iraq war.
9. What does Baer say about Saudis who come to the United States?
(a) They typically do not meet requirements for their visas.
(b) They are difficult to track and often come to the United States illegally.
(c) They typically come to the United States on student visas, and then stay illegally.
(d) They are the ideal foreigners to have in the country because they often have money to support themselves.
10. What does Baer say is the cost of Adnan Khashoggi's lifestyle?
(a) $50,000 a year.
(b) $15,000 week.
(c) $50,000 a day.
(d) $100,000 a week.
11. Baer says Bandar bin Sultan is an expert in _____________.
(a) Military technology.
(b) Petroleum refining.
(c) Public and private diplomacy.
(d) Oil exploration.
12. What was Baer surprised by on his travels?
(a) The corruption.
(b) The rents and prices.
(c) The political instability.
(d) The volume of oil exports.
13. What makes smuggling into Saudi Arabia easy, according to Robert Baer?
(a) Vast terrorist networks.
(b) Corrupt border guards.
(c) Open borders.
14. What does the State Department proclaim about Saudi Arabia, in Baer's account?
(a) They are committed to fighting terrorism.
(b) They sponsor terrorists.
(c) They can teach United States agents how to fight terrorism.
(d) Their political neutrality is respected by terrorists.
15. Where is Caesarea?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baer say is the Arab way with Washington D.C.?
2. How many Saudis participated in the World Trade Center attacks?
3. Whose oil is Yuri interested in?
4. What is Robert Baer's thesis about the Saudi royal family?
5. Who is Adnan Khashoggi?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)