|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Kiss it good-bye.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is this oil difficult to procure?
(a) United Nations sanctions.
(b) Terrorist attacks.
(c) Domestic instability.
(d) Price instability.
2. What does Baer say might have happened if the Muslim Brotherhood had been treated as an international organization?
(a) The U.S. would have found the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
(b) The U.S. would have invaded Jordan.
(c) 9/11 might have been prevented.
(d) Sanctions would have been imposed on countries that harbored the Muslim Brotherhood.
3. Where does the oil at Abqaiq come from?
(a) Southern Saudi Arabia.
(b) Northern Saudi Arabia.
(d) The offshore wells.
4. What does Baer say is the cost of Adnan Khashoggi's lifestyle?
(a) $15,000 week.
(b) $100,000 a week.
(c) $50,000 a day.
(d) $50,000 a year.
5. What did the United States try to bypass after the collapse of the Soviet Union?
(a) Islamic oil suppliers.
(b) Communist businesses.
(c) Russian middle men.
(d) The Russian oil pipeline.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Asad do when the Muslim Brotherhood tried to have him killed?
2. Why was Saudi oil so important?
3. What does Baer say the United States government convinced Saudi Arabia to do during the Gulf War?
4. What is Robert Baer's thesis about the Saudi royal family?
5. How does Baer say American arms are delivered to Saudi Arabia?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)