|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Kiss it good-bye.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the United States State Department shield Saudi Arabia from, according to Baer?
(a) Political instability.
(b) Attacks on human rights abuses.
(c) Terrorist attacks.
(d) Monetary instability.
2. What does Baer say the person he met with in Paris do to impress his guests?
(a) Pay for the group.
(b) Threaten the group.
(c) Take the group up in his private jet.
(d) Provide drugs and guns for the group.
3. Who is Victor Bout?
(a) An anti-terrorism expert.
(b) A terrorist leader.
(c) An oil contractor.
(d) A supplier who supplied Bin Laden with arms.
4. When was the first Middle East oil well drilled?
5. Who is Bandar bin Sultan?
(a) A U.S. military advisor in Saudi Arabia.
(b) The Saudi ambassador to the U.S.
(c) A technology and energy advisor from Saudi Arabia.
(d) The U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baer characterize the American attitude to Saudi politics?
2. What was the Muslim Brotherhood's goal?
3. Why did the Saudis have difficulty paying for the Boeing deal?
4. What did the House of Sa'ud build in the 1970s, according to Baer?
5. What happened to the Muslim Brotherhood after reprisals following an assassination attempt in 1954?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)