|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, Trouble in Paradise.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Baer find when he was assigned to the CIA's Counter-Terrorism Center?
(a) Extensive ties to Muslim fundamentalists.
(b) Very little information about Sunni fundamentalists.
(c) A treasure trove of information about the Muslim Brotherhood.
(d) Pervasive radicalization of the Middle East.
2. Where was Khalid Sheikh Muhammad born?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
3. What action of Minister Na'if's surprised Robert Baer after the attack at the United States barracks in Khobar?
(a) He closed Saudi Arabia's borders.
(b) He Helped Bin Laden leave the country.
(c) He bought weapons from Syria.
(d) He refused to meet with FBI Director Louis Freeh.
4. What does Baer say the Saudis have done in order to buy influence in America?
(a) Pass up on oil profits.
(b) Sponsor terrorism.
(c) Create foreign unrest.
(d) Cash in on tight oil markets.
5. When was the Muslim Brotherhood founded?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Baer surprised by on his travels?
2. What does Yuri offer to make the deal he is making more convincing?
3. What did the House of Sa'ud build in the 1970s, according to Baer?
4. What is Robert Baer's thesis about the Saudi royal family?
5. What does Baer say might have happened if the Muslim Brotherhood had been treated as an international organization?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)