|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Pavlov and His Dogs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Baer characterize Saudi Arabia's per-capita spending on arms?
(a) Highest in the Middle East.
(b) Second to the U.S.
(c) Second highest in the Middle East behind Israel.
(d) Highest in the world.
2. How does Baer characterize the Saudi government in the period after 9/11?
3. What is the Carlyle Group?
(a) A group of American ideologues.
(b) A group of American investors.
(c) A group of American military advisors.
(d) A group of Saudi petroleum engineers.
4. Who is Adnan Khashoggi?
(a) An oil and energy advisor.
(b) An opposition leader in Saudi Arabia.
(c) A Saudi wheeler-dealer.
(d) A military advisor in Saudi Arabia.
5. What is Robert Baer's thesis about the Saudi royal family?
(a) It has been corrupted by oil money.
(b) It will not be able to afford peace from terrorist attacks forever.
(c) It is initiating a democracy in the Middle East.
(d) It is fueling terrorism in other parts of the Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes smuggling into Saudi Arabia easy, according to Robert Baer?
2. Why is Robert Baer meeting Yuri?
3. Where is Caesarea?
4. What does Yuri tell Robert Baer when Baer asks for weapons for Saudi Arabian delivery?
5. To what organizations does Bandar bin Sultan donate heavily?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)