|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, A Consent of Silence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Baer say Washington thought of Saudi Arabia after his analysis?
(a) It was politically fragile.
(b) It was under Iran's influence.
(c) It was stable.
(d) It was about to have a revolution.
2. How does Baer characterize the Abqaiq crude oil complex?
(a) As a foundation to the American economy.
(b) As a bleeding sore in the ecosystem.
(c) As a target for terrorist attacks.
(d) As a chain holding the American economy down.
3. What will Baer need in order to arrange the deal he proposes to Yuri?
(a) Extra security.
(b) Bribe money.
4. What does Baer say the Saudi rulers are targets for?
(b) Terrorist attack.
(d) Foreign invasion.
5. Where are most of the wells in Saudi Arabia?
(a) In the cities.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes smuggling into Saudi Arabia easy, according to Robert Baer?
2. Why are the cylindrical towers for hydrodesulfurization vulnerabilities to the Abqaiq site?
3. What would the effect of a stoppage of the Abqaiq facility mean for the American economy?
4. How does Baer characterize the Saudi royal family under King Fahd?
5. What is Robert Baer's thesis about the Saudi royal family?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)