|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, A Consent of Silence.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Baer say is partial owner of Air Cess?
(a) The CIA.
(b) Al Qaeda.
(c) Russian intelligence.
(d) The Saudi royal family.
2. What does the United States State Department shield Saudi Arabia from, according to Baer?
(a) Terrorist attacks.
(b) Monetary instability.
(c) Political instability.
(d) Attacks on human rights abuses.
3. What does Baer say the United States began to discover after 9/11?
(a) Bin Laden had freely visited relatives in Saudi Arabia.
(b) Saudi Arabia was not a trusted ally.
(c) Bin Laden was supported by the Saudi royal family.
(d) Saudis had funded the 9/11 attack.
4. What does the State Department proclaim about Saudi Arabia, in Baer's account?
(a) They are committed to fighting terrorism.
(b) They sponsor terrorists.
(c) Their political neutrality is respected by terrorists.
(d) They can teach United States agents how to fight terrorism.
5. Who is Yuri?
(a) A United Nations inspector.
(b) A Russian arms dealer.
(c) A Jordanian terrorist.
(d) An American arms expert.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Baer say the Saudi royal princes supplement their royal allowances?
2. Where does the oil at Abqaiq come from?
3. What does Baer say is tightly tied to the Saudi kingdom?
4. What makes smuggling into Saudi Arabia easy, according to Robert Baer?
5. Why are the cylindrical towers for hydrodesulfurization vulnerabilities to the Abqaiq site?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)