|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Saudi Arabia - Washington's 401(k) Plan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuri tell Robert Baer when Baer asks for weapons for Saudi Arabian delivery?
(a) He can arrange the purchase.
(b) He does not know anyone who will handle this kind of deal.
(c) He knows an associate who can arrange this.
(d) He report Baer to the United Nations inspector.
2. What does Baer say Washington thought of Saudi Arabia after his analysis?
(a) It was under Iran's influence.
(b) It was about to have a revolution.
(c) It was politically fragile.
(d) It was stable.
3. How does Baer characterize Saudi society?
4. What does Baer say Saudi money supports in the U.S.?
(b) Rocket programs.
(c) Military installations.
(d) Think tanks.
5. What does Baer say the Saudis have done in order to buy influence in America?
(a) Cash in on tight oil markets.
(b) Sponsor terrorism.
(c) Pass up on oil profits.
(d) Create foreign unrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baer say the Saudi rulers are targets for?
2. How does Baer characterize his discussion with Yuri?
3. What does Baer say is tightly tied to the Saudi kingdom?
4. What kind of aid does Baer say the Saudis gave Afghanistan and Pakistan?
5. What Pakistani project did the Saudi government support with more than $1 billion in aid?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)