|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Kiss it good-bye.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Alawite beliefs transmitted?
(b) In writing.
(c) Through initiations.
(d) By ecstatic visions.
2. What does Baer say Abdallah wanted to do with regard to the money from Yamama and from the Two Holy Mosques projects?
(a) Use them to pay for infrastructure and job training programs.
(b) Bring them under Treasury control.
(c) Use them to buy luxuries.
(d) Open the projects up for competitive bidding.
3. Who is Bandar bin Sultan?
(a) A U.S. military advisor in Saudi Arabia.
(b) The U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia.
(c) The Saudi ambassador to the U.S.
(d) A technology and energy advisor from Saudi Arabia.
4. What does Baer say about Saudis who come to the United States?
(a) They typically do not meet requirements for their visas.
(b) They are difficult to track and often come to the United States illegally.
(c) They are the ideal foreigners to have in the country because they often have money to support themselves.
(d) They typically come to the United States on student visas, and then stay illegally.
5. What kind of aid does Baer say the Saudis gave Afghanistan and Pakistan?
(d) Military supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Saudis participated in the World Trade Center attacks?
2. Who determines succession in Saudi society?
3. What Pakistani project did the Saudi government support with more than $1 billion in aid?
4. When was Baer in Jordan?
5. What did the Muslim Brotherhood try to do to Asad in 1973?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)