|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Kiss it good-bye.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Muslim Brotherhood founded?
2. What does Baer say happened after King Fahd suffered a stroke in 1995?
(a) Saudi Arabia experienced problems.
(b) A smooth transition was made.
(c) The military made an attempt at taking control of the country.
(d) The people began to stage uprisings.
3. What Pakistani project did the Saudi government support with more than $1 billion in aid?
(a) A hydroelectric dam.
(b) High-speed rail.
(c) Nuclear bomb development.
(d) Nuclear reactors for power plants.
4. What happened to the Muslim Brotherhood after reprisals following an assassination attempt in 1954?
(a) They became militant.
(b) They became more political.
(c) They went underground.
(d) They dispersed.
5. What does Baer say was the United States State Department's reaction to the Saudi support in Pakistan?
(a) Covert military strikes.
(b) UN sanctions.
(c) Vociferous protests.
(d) No protests.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Alawite beliefs transmitted?
2. What do Muslims feel about the Alawites, according to Baer?
3. Who is Bandar bin Sultan?
4. What does Baer say Abdallah wanted to do with regard to the money from Yamama and from the Two Holy Mosques projects?
5. How does Baer characterize the American attitude to Saudi politics?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)