Prologue: The Doomsday Scenario
• According to a Reagan-era study, the Saudi oil system has a number of serious vulnerabilities.
• The Saudi oil system controls roughly a third of the world oil supply, and Baer says that the United States has contributed to the corruption of Saudi society in its attention to oil and its disregard for social issues.
Chapter 1, We Deliver Anywhere
• In meetings with arms dealers, Baer finds out that almost anything can be bought for delivery anywhere, if buyers provide the cash for arms and bribes.
• It is not uncommon, Baer says, for weapons to be part of black market oil deals, like the deal Syria made to sell Iraqi oil in spite of U.N. sanctions.
Chapter 2, Circling the Drain
• Following the World Trade Center attacks on September 11, 2001, Baer says that the Saudi government was not very helpful, even though a number of the hijackers...
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)