• The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Lubar, David, Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie, Penguin Group, 2005, 1st edition.
• In Chapter 1 Scott Hudson and his friends are heading home after a day spent playing basketball.
• They talk about the next day when they will start high school.
• They wonder what it will be like.
• Scott wonders if going will be like cattle led to slaughter.
• Patrick thinks it will be like an adventure movie.
• Kyle thinks it will be boring and stupid like school always is.
• Mitch thinks it will be amazing because of all the high school girls.
• When Scott gets home, his parents break off a conversation that seems intense.
• Scott’s mother seems worried when they talk about starting high school.
• He thinks she is nervous because of all the trouble his older brother Bobby got into in high...
This section contains 6,575 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)