|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many slaves died the day Ned died?
2. Where does Jessie hide with the African boy?
3. Why does Ned say his involvement with the slaves is different than the other men?
4. What trait in Purvis does Jessie notice after they play a game?
5. What does the Spaniard drink before taking the slaves with him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
Essay Topic 2
How is Jessie changed after his experiences on The Moonlight, and how does this affect his life after the experience?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)