|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tossed the shackles overboard when the sail was seen?
2. What did the captain on the ship with 500 slaves become after that voyage?
3. Where does Jessie hide with the African boy?
4. What comes out of the trees when the boys wake up on the shore?
5. What does Jessie tell the man he is not when he helps the boys?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Jessie changed after his experiences on The Moonlight, and how does this affect his life after the experience?
Essay Topic 2
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Paula Fox. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)