|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the African boy going with the two black men?
2. What does Stout give Jessie after sending him to the Captain's cabin?
3. What does the Spaniard drink before taking the slaves with him?
4. Who took over Spark's duties on the ship?
5. How do Jessie and the African boy help the man who saved them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fear is a major motivating factor for a number of characters in this book. Which characters are most affected by this, and what are some of the different ways this fear is manifested?
Essay Topic 2
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
This section contains 181 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)