|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the walk to Jessie's home?
2. How did the man come to live on that beach?
3. What game does Purvis play with Jessie after his fife is found?
4. What does Purvis say when Jessie says he wishes Stout were dead?
5. Who does Jessie see washed away in a wave after the storm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships, and how did their inclusion in this book affect the outcome of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Compassion and empathy is a theme present in a number of places in the plot. What are some of the best examples of this theme, and how did the presence of this theme affect the outcome of this book?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)