|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the latrine buckets full of when Jessie empties them after seeing a flying fish?
(b) Wood chips.
2. What does Jessie see in the water before he spots a deserted island?
(c) Glowing fish.
(d) Manta rays.
3. What does Jessie tell the man he is not when he helps the boys?
(a) A captain.
(b) A runaway.
(c) The boy's master.
(d) A slaver.
4. What do the slaves fight over in the hold?
(a) The water.
(b) The food.
(c) The latrine bucket.
(d) The windows.
5. How did the man come to live on that beach?
(a) He is a runaway slave.
(b) He inherited this land from his father.
(c) He bought his freedom and his land.
(d) He is not from Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Jessie seen a flying fish before?
2. Who tends to Jessie's wounds after his flogging?
3. What does Stout tell Jessie to get out of the Captain's cabin?
4. What does Stout give Jessie after sending him to the Captain's cabin?
5. What does the captain do for the slaves before they leave his ship?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)