|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Purvis say when Jessie says he wishes Stout were dead?
(a) He is being unfair.
(b) He would kill Stout.
(c) Stout is dying.
(d) Stout is dead.
2. Where does Ned look when the slaves are on the deck?
(a) At the women.
(b) Toward heaven.
(c) At his hands.
(d) To the sea.
3. What does the Spaniard drink before taking the slaves with him?
4. Why does Ned say his involvement with the slaves is different than the other men?
(a) He is religious.
(b) He is kind to the slaves.
(c) He has a family.
(d) His heart is not in it.
5. Where has Jessie seen a flying fish before?
(a) His mother's sewing box.
(b) The sign of a pub.
(c) His grandfather's watch.
(d) In a story book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessie feel when the African boy leaves on his journey?
2. What kind of bed does Jessie sleep in on the ship?
3. What game does Purvis play with Jessie after his fife is found?
4. What does Stout tell Jessie to get out of the Captain's cabin?
5. What did the captain on the ship with 500 slaves become after that voyage?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)