|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the slaves fight over in the hold?
(a) The food.
(b) The water.
(c) The latrine bucket.
(d) The windows.
2. Where does Jessie hide with the African boy?
(a) The forehold.
(b) The galley.
(c) The poop deck.
(d) The tween decks.
3. What does Purvis say happened to all the men on the ship in his horror story?
(a) They went blind.
(b) They went dumb.
(c) They went deaf.
(d) They began fearing water.
4. What is the Captain wearing the second time the Spaniard comes on the ship?
(a) A lady's frock.
(b) A comical hat.
(c) A white wig.
(d) A large bowtie.
5. What does Purvis say when Jessie says he wishes Stout were dead?
(a) Stout is dying.
(b) Stout is dead.
(c) He would kill Stout.
(d) He is being unfair.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jessie feel when the African boy leaves on his journey?
2. What do some of the slave men think the slavers will do to them?
3. What does Jessie tell the man he is not when he helps the boys?
4. What does Cooley want to own one day?
5. How did the man come to live on that beach?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)