|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jessie think of as he begins his journey alone?
(a) His aunt.
(c) His mother.
2. How does Jessie describe Spark after his flogging?
(a) Brainless and evil.
(b) Heartless and cruel.
(c) Mean and ignorant.
(d) Tortured and alone.
3. What does the man say after Jessie tells him the story of the ship?
(a) That is the way it was.
(b) Many have shared this feeling.
(c) Your life will never be the same.
(d) This too, shall pass.
4. What kind of house does the man who finds Jessie on the shore own?
(a) A tent.
(b) A cave.
(c) A hut.
(d) A brick house.
5. What comes out of the trees when the boys wake up on the shore?
(a) Some children.
(b) Some geese.
(c) A man.
(d) A chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessie see in the water before he spots a deserted island?
2. Who tossed the shackles overboard when the sail was seen?
3. What does Jessie say about men who go to sea voluntarily?
4. What helped Jessie swim to shore?
5. Who tends to Jessie's wounds after his flogging?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)