|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Old Man.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sells the slaves from Africa to the slavers?
(a) African Ambassadors.
(b) The prison keepers.
(c) Young sailors.
(d) Native kings.
2. What does Purvis say happened to all the men on the ship in his horror story?
(a) They went dumb.
(b) They began fearing water.
(c) They went deaf.
(d) They went blind.
3. Why does the ship leave the shore at night time?
(a) To avoid detection from the British.
(b) So they won't have to pay full price for the docking fee.
(c) To take advantage of the best wind.
(d) So the slaves won't see the shore slipping away.
4. What does Jessie want to be when he gets older?
(a) A chandler.
(b) A slaver.
(c) A banker.
(d) A grocer.
5. What makes Jessie so agitated when he first plays for the slaves?
(a) They stink.
(b) They seem lifeless.
(c) They are naked.
(d) He feels cruel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessie call to his father in his dreams?
2. Who does Jessie talk to when he is curious about his first sight of the slaves?
3. Who snaps Jessie out of his breathless state at one point?
4. Who is in charge of the slaves when they are on the ship?
5. Where does Jessie live at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)