|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Spaniard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took over Spark's duties on the ship?
2. Why does Jessie decide to take the longest way home?
(a) He does not want to go home.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He heard there would be a good brawl.
(d) He is restless.
3. What does Stout tell Jessie to stay away from?
(a) The holds.
(b) The Captain's cabin.
(c) The galley.
(d) The poopdeck.
4. How long has Jessie been at sea when the wind dies?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 5 weeks.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 4 weeks.
5. What is the first question Jessie was asked on the ship?
(a) How old he was.
(b) What he knew about ships.
(c) Where he was from.
(d) What his name was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jessie comforted by a cockroach in his hammock?
2. What do the slaves fight over in the hold?
3. What does Jessie say being at sea makes a man think about?
4. What do the men who take Jessie say he is worthless without?
5. On the ship with 500 slaves that Purvis was on, how many slaves survived ?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)