|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Spaniard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Jessie comforted by a cockroach in his hammock?
(a) It makes it less real to him.
(b) It makes him feel less alone.
(c) It reminds him of land.
(d) It reminds him that this is temporary.
2. What drowns out Jessie's fife during the dancing?
(a) The crying children.
(b) The slaves' chanting.
(c) The sound of the chains.
(d) The clapping crew.
3. Who makes a whip with nine cords?
(a) John Cooley.
4. Why does Ned say his involvement with the slaves is different than the other men?
(a) He has a family.
(b) He is religious.
(c) He is kind to the slaves.
(d) His heart is not in it.
5. What does Jessie give the man who is struggling on the ship?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the voyage supposed to take?
2. What does Stout tell Jessie to stay away from?
3. Who takes the shackles off the slaves?
4. What does Jessie call to his father in his dreams?
5. How long did the captain Purvis knew trade slaves before being caught?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)