|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Spaniard.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of the slaves when they are on the ship?
2. What does Jessie say being at sea makes a man think about?
(c) The future.
3. What was the name of the slave who shooed Jessie away from a window?
4. Who flogged Jessie?
(d) The Captain.
5. Why does Jessie not believe the man who says he does not want to be involved in the slave trade?
(a) He reads his journal.
(b) He gets money from the trade.
(c) He hears a different story.
(d) He knows the men have a choice of which ship to join.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jessie say about men who go to sea voluntarily?
2. Where has Jessie seen a flying fish before?
3. Why is Jessie late coming home at the beginning of the book?
4. What game does Purvis play with Jessie after his fife is found?
5. What strange thing happens on shore when Jessie gets to the Bight of Benin?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)