|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Shrouds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jessie not believe the man who says he does not want to be involved in the slave trade?
(a) He hears a different story.
(b) He reads his journal.
(c) He gets money from the trade.
(d) He knows the men have a choice of which ship to join.
2. Where is Jessie's bed on the ship?
(a) In the tween decks.
(b) In the hold.
(c) In the forecastle.
(d) In the galley.
3. Whom is Jessie sent to borrow candles from?
(a) The storekeeper.
(b) Aunt Agatha.
(c) Uncle Ernest.
(d) The school mistress.
4. What is the first purpose of the pin?
(a) Drawing blood.
(b) Eating utensil.
(c) Killing rats.
(d) Flossing teeth.
5. Why is Jessie late coming home at the beginning of the book?
(a) He was at the slave market.
(b) He was playing with his friends.
(c) He was visiting his aunts.
(d) He was detained at school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Jessie when his father died?
2. What does Jessie call to his father in his dreams?
3. What was the name of the slave who shooed Jessie away from a window?
4. What is the first question Jessie was asked on the ship?
5. How long is the voyage supposed to take?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)