|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Nicholas Spark Walks on Water.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jessie when he is put on the ship?
2. What stops the quarreling on the ship while in the Bight of Benin?
(a) Jessie's song on the fife.
(b) A full moon.
(c) The first boatlad of ships.
(d) A gun fired by Spark.
3. How does Jessie describe Spark after his flogging?
(a) Mean and ignorant.
(b) Tortured and alone.
(c) Brainless and evil.
(d) Heartless and cruel.
4. What does Jessie want to be when he gets older?
(a) A banker.
(b) A grocer.
(c) A slaver.
(d) A chandler.
5. Why does Jessie decide to take the longest way home?
(a) He is bored.
(b) He heard there would be a good brawl.
(c) He does not want to go home.
(d) He is restless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Jessie about the danger of being caught in the slave trade?
2. What is the name of the man who paid Jessie earlier in the day?
3. What does Jessie do to earn money?
4. Why does Jessie not believe the man who says he does not want to be involved in the slave trade?
5. Where does Jessie live at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)