|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ben Stout's Mistake.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jessie start to feel about the slaves after he plays for them a few times?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He pities them.
(c) He loves them.
(d) He ignores their existence.
2. What killed Purvis?
(a) A slave's shackle.
(b) The fallen main mast.
(c) The broken wheel.
(d) The Captain's gun.
3. What do the slaves fight over in the hold?
(a) The windows.
(b) The water.
(c) The latrine bucket.
(d) The food.
4. What does Jessie want the cook to give him when the wind dies?
5. How does Jessie describe Spark after his flogging?
(a) Brainless and evil.
(b) Tortured and alone.
(c) Heartless and cruel.
(d) Mean and ignorant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the weather on Jessie's first day at sea?
2. What makes the ship look strange off the coast of Cuba?
3. Why does the ship leave the shore at night time?
4. What does Stout get angry about after the wind dies?
5. How long has Jessie been at sea when the wind dies?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)