• Jessie is a 13-year-old boy. He plays his fife for money, and his mother is a seamstress who makes lovely dresses.
• He lives in a cramped space that is full of moisture that makes his sister cough. The only pretty thing there is a thread box.
• Jessie comes home late because he was at the slave market. His mother sends him to get candles from his Aunt Agatha.
• Jessie hates going to Aunt Agatha's because she tells him to be careful and lectures him about becoming apprenticed.
• When he leaves with the candles, he decides to take the long way home and listen to the conversations in the taverns.
• Jessie is thinking about becoming a rich chandler when he is put in a sack. He cannot breathe in the sack and goes unconscious.
• He finds later that the man kidnapping him is the sailor who paid...
This section contains 2,512 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)