Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
2. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
3. What does Billy find outside the inn?
4. What does the author call the places where bodies were found in Dresden?
5. Why did the English prisoners give their latrine to the Americans?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay explaining one of more of the symbols in this novel. Choose the symbol you want to comment on from the list below, or come up with your own.
a) Billy's outfit (silver boots, blue toga, fur muff)
b) Landscapes (the Grand Canyon, the Rocky Mountains, Carlsbad Caverns)
c) Death symbols (the coffin-shaped wagon)
d) The souvenirs kept by the Americans after the war.
Essay Topic 2
Write a personal essay, explaining your view of death and/or the afterlife. Describe the basis of your views. Did they come from your family, your religion, popular culture, or from a specific source?
Essay Topic 3
Roland Weary can be said to personify the typical American war hero, while Billy Pilgrim is anything but. Write an essay comparing these two characters. Which is more heroic?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)