|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bertram Rumfoord?
2. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
3. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
4. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
5. Which Earthling do the Tralfamadorans find the most interesting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Howard J. Campbell wear?
2. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
3. How does Billy's wife, Valencia, die?
4. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
5. What advice does Paul Lazzaro give to Billy Pilgrim?
6. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
7. Why does Billy become confused when the skiers arrive to rescue him after the plane crash?
8. How does he explain the symbolism of his armband?
9. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
10. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a personal essay, explaining your view of death and/or the afterlife. Describe the basis of your views. Did they come from your family, your religion, popular culture, or from a specific source?
Essay Topic 2
Howard J. Campbell appears in another novel by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr, called Mother Night. Compare the character as depicted in that novel with the Howard J. Campbell that appears in Slaughterhouse-Five.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Tralfamadoran views of life and death with different religious philosophies.
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)