|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Professor Rumfoord is said to resemble. . .
2. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
3. Who was in the camp hospital with Billy when he woke up?
4. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
5. Why does Bertram Rumfoord not want to hear Billy talk about Dresden?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Billy Pilgrim wearing by the time he reaches Dresden?
2. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
3. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
4. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
5. Why does Billy travel to New York?
6. What story does Billy Pilgrim tell Montana when she begs him for one?
7. What advice does Paul Lazzaro give to Billy Pilgrim?
8. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
9. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
10. What does Montana Wildhack wear around her neck?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare Tralfamadoran views of life and death with different religious philosophies.
Essay Topic 2
Research the life of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., particularly his experiences during World War II. Write an essay describing how his experiences may have influenced his writing.
Essay Topic 3
How does luck figure into Billy's Pilgrim's life? Is he a lucky person or an unlucky person? Use examples from the novel to argue your thesis.
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)