|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Billy know when he boarded the airplane to Montreal?
2. What distracts Billy from Campbell's talk?
3. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
4. What injury does Billy suffer from the airplane crash?
5. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
2. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
3. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
4. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
5. What does Howard J. Campbell wear?
6. Why does Billy become confused when the skiers arrive to rescue him after the plane crash?
7. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
8. Why were the German guards in Dresden relieved when they saw the American prisoners of war?
9. What does the phrase "so it goes" mean?
10. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research and write a paper describing the bombing of Dresden in 1944.
Essay Topic 2
Read a memoir written by someone who lived through World War II, either as a combatant or as a civilian living in Europe. Write a report on the book, highlighting the part that deals with the experience of living through wartime.
Essay Topic 3
Write an analysis of one of the major characters in Slaughterhouse-Five. Track their actions through the book and comment on their purpose in furthering the plot or theme of the book.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)