|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
2. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
3. Who finds Billy after the airplane crash?
4. How does Billy leave the hospital?
5. What happens in The Big Board, the novel written by Kilgore Trout?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
2. Why were there so many girls at the slaughterhouse?
3. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
4. Why was the Polish Farm laborer hung in Dresden?
5. Why, according to the author, is Edgar Derby's speech so remarkable during war?
6. Why does Billy become confused when the skiers arrive to rescue him after the plane crash?
7. What does Bernard's article about human population reveal about life?
8. How does he explain the symbolism of his armband?
9. What does Montana Wildhack wear around her neck?
10. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a personal essay, explaining your view of death and/or the afterlife. Describe the basis of your views. Did they come from your family, your religion, popular culture, or from a specific source?
Essay Topic 2
Research and write a paper describing the bombing of Dresden in 1944.
Essay Topic 3
Roland Weary can be said to personify the typical American war hero, while Billy Pilgrim is anything but. Write an essay comparing these two characters. Which is more heroic?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)