|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
2. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
3. What does Billy find outside the inn?
4. What does the author call the places where bodies were found in Dresden?
5. Why did the English prisoners give their latrine to the Americans?
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the firebombing of Dresden was a justified act of war? Use research to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Research the life of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., particularly his experiences during World War II. Write an essay describing how his experiences may have influenced his writing.
Essay Topic 3
Write an analysis of one of the major characters in Slaughterhouse-Five. Track their actions through the book and comment on their purpose in furthering the plot or theme of the book.
This section contains 854 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)