|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Billy's digging partner?
2. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
3. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
4. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
5. What did Billy know when he boarded the airplane to Montreal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy become confused when the skiers arrive to rescue him after the plane crash?
2. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
3. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
4. What does Bernard's article about human population reveal about life?
5. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
6. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
7. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
8. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
9. What advice does Paul Lazzaro give to Billy Pilgrim?
10. Why were there so many girls at the slaughterhouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay comparing Slaughterhouse-Five with another novel or book describing events from World War II. Pick one of the following topics as a focus in your essay:
a) Realism about the war.
c) How personal experiences affect writing.
d) The author's attitude toward war.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tralfamadoran views of life and death with different religious philosophies.
Essay Topic 3
Research the life of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., particularly his experiences during World War II. Write an essay describing how his experiences may have influenced his writing.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)