|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Germans who survived the bombing flee from Dresden?
2. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
3. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
4. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
5. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
2. What does Montana Wildhack wear around her neck?
3. How did the English prisoners of war view the Americans?
4. Why does Billy travel to New York?
5. What does the phrase "so it goes" mean?
6. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
7. What is the meaning of the last line of the novel?
8. How does Billy's wife, Valencia, die?
9. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
10. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Vonnegut's version of World War II differ from the usual view that we get of the war? Why does he write about this version? Write an essay that analyzes Vonnegut's attitude toward World War II as shown in Slaughterhouse-Five.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that the firebombing of Dresden was a justified act of war? Use research to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Read a memoir written by someone who lived through World War II, either as a combatant or as a civilian living in Europe. Write a report on the book, highlighting the part that deals with the experience of living through wartime.
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)