|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy leave the hospital?
2. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
3. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
4. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
5. What is the English translation of "Schlachthof-Funf?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy travel to New York?
2. What story does Billy Pilgrim tell Montana when she begs him for one?
3. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
4. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
5. How does Billy's wife, Valencia, die?
6. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
7. What does the phrase "so it goes" mean?
8. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
9. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
10. What is echolalia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the firebombing of Dresden was a justified act of war? Use research to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The Tralfamadorans have a very different view of time than we do. Write an essay that speculates on how humans will view time in 500 years. Will we still look at it the same way?
Essay Topic 3
How does Vonnegut's version of World War II differ from the usual view that we get of the war? Why does he write about this version? Write an essay that analyzes Vonnegut's attitude toward World War II as shown in Slaughterhouse-Five.
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)