|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Professor Rumfoord is said to resemble. . .
2. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
3. What did the corpses start to smell like?
4. Where does Billy work while he is in Dresden?
5. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
2. Why does Billy travel to New York?
3. What does the phrase "so it goes" mean?
4. What does Howard J. Campbell wear?
5. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
6. Why were the German guards in Dresden relieved when they saw the American prisoners of war?
7. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
8. What is the meaning of the last line of the novel?
9. What does Montana Wildhack wear around her neck?
10. Why were there so many girls at the slaughterhouse?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a personal essay, explaining your view of death and/or the afterlife. Describe the basis of your views. Did they come from your family, your religion, popular culture, or from a specific source?
Essay Topic 2
How does luck figure into Billy's Pilgrim's life? Is he a lucky person or an unlucky person? Use examples from the novel to argue your thesis.
Essay Topic 3
Compare Tralfamadoran views of life and death with different religious philosophies.
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)