|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Earthling do the Tralfamadorans find the most interesting?
2. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
3. How does Billy start telling people about Tralfamadore?
4. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
5. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
2. How does he explain the symbolism of his armband?
3. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
4. What advice does Paul Lazzaro give to Billy Pilgrim?
5. What is echolalia?
6. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
7. Why were there so many girls at the slaughterhouse?
8. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
9. How did the English prisoners of war view the Americans?
10. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Is Slaughterhouse-Five an historical fiction or a science fiction? Write an essay defining each genre and answering this question. Use examples from the text to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tralfamadoran views of life and death with different religious philosophies.
Essay Topic 3
How does Vonnegut's version of World War II differ from the usual view that we get of the war? Why does he write about this version? Write an essay that analyzes Vonnegut's attitude toward World War II as shown in Slaughterhouse-Five.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)