|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
2. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
3. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
4. Who was in the camp hospital with Billy when he woke up?
5. What do the American pilots do when they see the prisoners of war walking through Dresden after the bombing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Billy Pilgrim tell Montana when she begs him for one?
2. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
3. Why were the German guards in Dresden relieved when they saw the American prisoners of war?
4. How does Billy's wife, Valencia, die?
5. What is echolalia?
6. What advice does Paul Lazzaro give to Billy Pilgrim?
7. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
8. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
9. Why was the Polish Farm laborer hung in Dresden?
10. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an analysis of one of the major characters in Slaughterhouse-Five. Track their actions through the book and comment on their purpose in furthering the plot or theme of the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tralfamadoran views of life and death with different religious philosophies.
Essay Topic 3
Is Slaughterhouse-Five an historical fiction or a science fiction? Write an essay defining each genre and answering this question. Use examples from the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)