|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
2. What does Billy find in the theater to wear?
3. What injury does Billy suffer from the airplane crash?
4. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
5. What happens in The Big Board, the novel written by Kilgore Trout?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
2. Why, according to the author, is Edgar Derby's speech so remarkable during war?
3. What is Billy Pilgrim wearing by the time he reaches Dresden?
4. Why does Billy travel to New York?
5. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
6. How does he explain the symbolism of his armband?
7. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
8. How does Billy's wife, Valencia, die?
9. What does Bernard's article about human population reveal about life?
10. What story does Billy Pilgrim tell Montana when she begs him for one?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Research the life of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., particularly his experiences during World War II. Write an essay describing how his experiences may have influenced his writing.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tralfamadoran views of life and death with different religious philosophies.
Essay Topic 3
Vonnegut makes frequent allusions to religious or biblical references in Slaughterhouse-Five. Write an essay that highlights his use of religious and spiritual concepts.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)