|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy dream about in the hospital?
2. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
3. Why do the Germans laugh at Billy's coat?
4. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
5. What do humans look like to the Tralfamadorans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
2. Where does Billy wake up after falling asleep with the other prisoners in the stone cottage?
3. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
4. Why do the Tralfamadorans not believe in free will?
5. According to the aliens in Kilgore Trout's book, what is the flaw in the story of Christ?
6. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
7. Where were the American prisoners of war kept as they were captured?
8. Why were the British officers in this particular camp?
9. Why is it unusual for Kurt Vonnegut to appear in this book as a character?
10. How do the Tralfamadorans answer Billy's question about being kidnapped?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does luck figure into Billy's Pilgrim's life? Is he a lucky person or an unlucky person? Use examples from the novel to argue your thesis.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Tralfamadoran views of life and death with different religious philosophies.
Essay Topic 3
Is Slaughterhouse-Five an historical fiction or a science fiction? Write an essay defining each genre and answering this question. Use examples from the text to support your opinion.
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)