Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
2. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
3. What do the Tralfamadorans do with Billy?
4. How long had the British soldiers been prisoners of war?
5. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Children's Crusade?
2. What is unusual about the way Tralfamadorans view time?
3. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
4. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
5. According to the aliens in Kilgore Trout's book, what is the flaw in the story of Christ?
6. What happened to the army scouts who left Billy and Roland behind?
7. Why does Kurt Vonnegut use real information from his life in this book?
8. How did Billy finally get some sleep?
9. Why were the British officers in this particular camp?
10. Why was the Polish Farm laborer hung in Dresden?
Do you think that the firebombing of Dresden was a justified act of war? Use research to support your answer.
Research the life of Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., particularly his experiences during World War II. Write an essay describing how his experiences may have influenced his writing.
Compare Vonnegut's story structure with conventional novels. How does his free associative writing affect the story that he is telling?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)