|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
2. Who promises to avenge Roland?
3. This took place in:
4. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
5. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Billy time travel to when the spaceship hits a time warp?
2. Why were the British officers in this particular camp?
3. Where does Billy wake up after falling asleep with the other prisoners in the stone cottage?
4. Where were the American prisoners of war kept as they were captured?
5. According to the aliens in Kilgore Trout's book, what is the flaw in the story of Christ?
6. Why does Kurt Vonnegut use real information from his life in this book?
7. What does the story of Sodom and Gomorrah have to do with Vonnegut's book about Dresden?
8. How did Billy finally get some sleep?
9. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
10. Name some of the places in time that Billy travels to in this chapter.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write a personal essay, explaining your view of death and/or the afterlife. Describe the basis of your views. Did they come from your family, your religion, popular culture, or from a specific source?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Vonnegut's story structure with conventional novels. How does his free associative writing affect the story that he is telling?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Tralfamadoran views of life and death with different religious philosophies.
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)