|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) The Red Cross
(b) An abbess in a nunnery
(c) A blind innkeeper
(d) A factory owner
2. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
(a) The German guards like the Americans better.
(b) They are young and will forget war sooner.
(c) They are moving out from the camp to Dresden.
(d) They are going to be exchanged soon and go home.
3. Who, according to Campbell, would the Americans be fighting if they joined him?
(a) Russian Communists
(b) Nazi Socialists
(c) American Communists
(d) Jewish people
4. What did Billy know when he boarded the airplane to Montreal?
(a) That his wife was planning to leave him
(b) That his business was going bankrupt
(c) That he would never return home
(d) That the plane was going to crash
5. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He was beaten to death by a guard.
(b) He was shot for stealing.
(c) He escaped after two days.
(d) He died from throwing up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
2. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
3. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
4. Why did the Germans who survived the bombing flee from Dresden?
5. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Billy Pilgrim wearing by the time he reaches Dresden?
2. What does Bernard's article about human population reveal about life?
3. Why were the German guards in Dresden relieved when they saw the American prisoners of war?
4. What did Billy Pilgrim ultimately learn from the Tralfamadorans?
5. Why does Billy travel to New York?
6. Why does Billy become confused when the skiers arrive to rescue him after the plane crash?
7. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
8. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
9. What story does Billy Pilgrim tell Montana when she begs him for one?
10. Why were there so many girls at the slaughterhouse?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)