|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was not permitted to enter Dresden after the bombing?
(a) American prisoners of war
(b) Russian soldiers
(c) German citizens
(d) German soldiers
2. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
(a) It was an heirloom in Billy's family
(b) Billy found it in Dresden
(c) The coat Billy wore in the POW camp
(d) Her father gave it to Billy
3. Who, according to the author, died two days before he wrote this chapter?
(a) John F. Kennedy
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) Kurt Vonnegut's father
4. Where does Billy work while he is in Dresden?
(a) In a railroad station
(b) In a library
(c) In a factory
(d) In a kitchen
5. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
(a) one of his former students
(b) a former go-go dancer
(c) related to Billy Pilgrim
(d) an Air Force officer
Short Answer Questions
1. Who catches Billy at his crime?
2. Which of these was not the subject of a book by Kilgore Trout?
3. What did the corpses start to smell like?
4. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
5. What does Vonnegut compare Dresden to after it has been bombed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is echolalia?
2. What is the meaning of the last line of the novel?
3. Why, according to the author, is Edgar Derby's speech so remarkable during war?
4. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
5. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
6. What is Billy Pilgrim wearing by the time he reaches Dresden?
7. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
8. Why was the Polish Farm laborer hung in Dresden?
9. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
10. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)