|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut imagine doing as he flies over the East German cities?
(a) Dropping bombs on them
(b) Taking a space ship to another planet
(c) Talking to the people below
(d) Having a few beers later on
2. What decision does Billy come to while he is in the hospital after surgery?
(a) To tell the world about Tralfamadore
(b) Never to get into another airplane
(c) Never to get married again
(d) To protest the Vietnam War
3. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He says it was a pity.
4. What is the English translation of "Schlachthof-Funf?"
5. Why does Billy return to Dresden after the war ends?
(a) To look for souvenirs
(b) To look for survivors
(c) To take a picture of his old home
(d) To find the body of Edgar Derby
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Germans who survived the bombing flee from Dresden?
2. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
3. What time of year is it when the war ends?
4. Where does Billy time travel to while he is on the airplane?
5. What did Vonnegut think Dresden looked like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
2. What is echolalia?
3. What did Billy Pilgrim ultimately learn from the Tralfamadorans?
4. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
5. How did the English prisoners of war view the Americans?
6. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
7. Why were there so many girls at the slaughterhouse?
8. Why does Billy become confused when the skiers arrive to rescue him after the plane crash?
9. Why was the Polish Farm laborer hung in Dresden?
10. How does he explain the symbolism of his armband?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)