|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call the places where bodies were found in Dresden?
(a) Corpse mines
(b) Body holes
(c) Corpse caches
(d) Ground zero
2. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
(a) Eliot Rosewater
(b) Howard J. Campbell
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Kilgore Trout
3. How does Billy start telling people about Tralfamadore?
(a) By going on a television show and speaking to the host.
(b) He writes a book that becomes a bestseller.
(c) On a radio show that broadcasts near his hotel.
(d) He writes a letter to the New York Times.
4. Who, according to Campbell, would the Americans be fighting if they joined him?
(a) Russian Communists
(b) Nazi Socialists
(c) Jewish people
(d) American Communists
5. What decision does Billy come to while he is in the hospital after surgery?
(a) Never to get married again
(b) Never to get into another airplane
(c) To protest the Vietnam War
(d) To tell the world about Tralfamadore
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Billy return to Dresden after the war ends?
2. Who is Bertram Rumfoord?
3. What does Billy find in the theater to wear?
4. What time of year is it when the war ends?
5. Why did the Englishman say that Dresden would never be bombed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
2. Why, according to the author, is Edgar Derby's speech so remarkable during war?
3. What does Howard J. Campbell wear?
4. What advice does Paul Lazzaro give to Billy Pilgrim?
5. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
6. Why were the German guards in Dresden relieved when they saw the American prisoners of war?
7. What is Billy Pilgrim wearing by the time he reaches Dresden?
8. What is the meaning of the last line of the novel?
9. What did Billy Pilgrim ultimately learn from the Tralfamadorans?
10. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)