|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to the author, died two days before he wrote this chapter?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Kurt Vonnegut's father
(c) Billy Pilgrim
(d) John F. Kennedy
2. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
(a) There is no other place to put them
(b) To look for survivors of the fires
(c) To salvage weapons from the buildings
(d) To dig for bodies in the rubble
3. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
(a) A German soldier
(b) The Blue Fairy Godmother
(c) Billy Pilgrim
(d) A Russian Prisoner of war
4. What does Bertram Rumfoord tell Lily about Billy?
(a) That Billy used to be famous
(b) That Billy should be a private room
(c) That Billy would be better off dead
(d) That Billy was a private in the army
5. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He was beaten to death by a guard.
(b) He died from throwing up.
(c) He was shot for stealing.
(d) He escaped after two days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Polish song remind Billy about?
2. What do the American pilots do when they see the prisoners of war walking through Dresden after the bombing?
3. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
4. Who used to live in the room where Billy stays?
5. How do the Tralfamadorans view every creature and plant in the universe?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does he explain the symbolism of his armband?
2. Why were the German guards in Dresden relieved when they saw the American prisoners of war?
3. Why were there so many girls at the slaughterhouse?
4. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
5. How did the English prisoners of war view the Americans?
6. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
7. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
8. How does Billy's wife, Valencia, die?
9. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
10. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)