|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He escaped after two days.
(b) He died from throwing up.
(c) He was shot for stealing.
(d) He was beaten to death by a guard.
2. Who guards Billy and Edgar Derby as they work in the slaughterhouse?
(a) Paul Lazzaro
(b) An old man with one leg
(c) Two blonde German soldiers
(d) A sixteen-year-old boy
3. What did Billy know when he boarded the airplane to Montreal?
(a) That the plane was going to crash
(b) That his wife was planning to leave him
(c) That he would never return home
(d) That his business was going bankrupt
4. What do Billy, Werner, and Edgar find instead of a kitchen?
(a) A large shower with naked girls in it
(b) A library stuffed with old books
(c) A room that holds luggage from refugees
(d) A pen filled with the bodies of animals
5. Who, according to the author, died two days before he wrote this chapter?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Robert Kennedy
(c) Kurt Vonnegut's father
(d) John F. Kennedy
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
2. What does Vonnegut imagine doing as he flies over the East German cities?
3. What is the one thing that causes Billy to cry during the war?
4. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
5. Which Earthling do the Tralfamadorans find the most interesting?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy travel to New York?
2. How did the English prisoners of war view the Americans?
3. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
4. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
5. Why was the Polish Farm laborer hung in Dresden?
6. What does the phrase "so it goes" mean?
7. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
8. What story does Billy Pilgrim tell Montana when she begs him for one?
9. What advice does Paul Lazzaro give to Billy Pilgrim?
10. What does Howard J. Campbell wear?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)