|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
(a) He counts passengers.
(b) He cleans and fills jars with syrup.
(c) He prepares meals.
(d) He censors letters.
2. What distracts Billy from Campbell's talk?
(c) Edgar Derby
3. What injury does Billy suffer from the airplane crash?
(a) He has broken four ribs.
(b) He has broken his leg.
(c) He has only cuts and scratches.
(d) He has a fractured skull.
4. Which sport are Kilgore Trout's aliens most interested in?
(c) Horse racing
5. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
(a) Six billion people
(b) Five billion people
(c) Seven billion people
(d) Eleven billion people
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
2. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
3. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
4. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
5. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
2. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
3. What does Bernard's article about human population reveal about life?
4. What does the phrase "so it goes" mean?
5. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
6. How does Billy's wife, Valencia, die?
7. Why were there so many girls at the slaughterhouse?
8. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
9. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
10. Why does Billy travel to New York?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)