|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Englishman say that Dresden would never be bombed?
(a) Because it was too far from the border
(b) Because it was a neutral city
(c) Because the prisoners of war were there
(d) Because it had no war industries
2. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
(a) In a stable
(b) In a church
(c) Between large machines
(d) In rented rooms
3. Who used to live in the room where Billy stays?
(a) George Jean Nathan
(b) Truman Capote
(c) Dorothy Parker
(d) Alexander Woolcott
4. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
(a) To dig for bodies in the rubble
(b) To salvage weapons from the buildings
(c) To look for survivors of the fires
(d) There is no other place to put them
5. In New York, Billy stays at which hotel?
(a) The Royalton Hotel
(b) The Ritz-Carlton
(c) Trump Tower
(d) The Warwick
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
2. Why does Billy return to Dresden after the war ends?
3. Who guards Billy and Edgar Derby as they work in the slaughterhouse?
4. Who was in the camp hospital with Billy when he woke up?
5. Who, according to the author, died two days before he wrote this chapter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
2. How does Billy's wife, Valencia, die?
3. How did the English prisoners of war view the Americans?
4. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
5. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
6. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
7. What is the meaning of the last line of the novel?
8. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
9. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
10. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)