|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, according to the author, died two days before he wrote this chapter?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Kurt Vonnegut's father
(c) John F. Kennedy
(d) Robert Kennedy
2. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
(a) He had never met an optometrist before.
(b) He learned that he needed glasses.
(c) He had heard about Billy from friends.
(d) He had never met a fan before.
3. Which sport are Kilgore Trout's aliens most interested in?
(d) Horse racing
4. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
(b) Three hundred
(c) At least seventy-five
(d) Two dozen
5. Whom else board the plane
(a) Some other opthometrists
(b) Aliens from Trafalmadore
(c) Government Bureacrats
(d) Soldiers like Billy
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
2. What do they find in the ruins of a building?
3. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
4. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
5. What decision does Billy come to while he is in the hospital after surgery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Billy Pilgrim ultimately learn from the Tralfamadorans?
2. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
3. What does the phrase "so it goes" mean?
4. What advice does Paul Lazzaro give to Billy Pilgrim?
5. How does he explain the symbolism of his armband?
6. Why does Billy become confused when the skiers arrive to rescue him after the plane crash?
7. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
8. Why, according to the author, is Edgar Derby's speech so remarkable during war?
9. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
10. What does Bernard's article about human population reveal about life?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)