|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of year is it when the war ends?
(d) Late Fall
2. Why did the Englishman say that Dresden would never be bombed?
(a) Because it was a neutral city
(b) Because it had no war industries
(c) Because it was too far from the border
(d) Because the prisoners of war were there
3. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
(a) He asks for a telephone and calls his wife.
(b) He tells the nurses that he has been kidnapped by aliens.
(c) He has brain surgery and dreams for two solid days.
(d) He asks about his friends in the POW camp.
4. What does Bertram Rumfoord tell Lily about Billy?
(a) That Billy used to be famous
(b) That Billy would be better off dead
(c) That Billy should be a private room
(d) That Billy was a private in the army
5. Where is Dresden located when Vonnegut goes to visit it?
(a) West Germany
(b) East Germany
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
2. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
3. Why did the Germans who survived the bombing flee from Dresden?
4. What present does Billy give his wife at their eighteenth wedding anniversary?
5. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billy's wife, Valencia, die?
2. What is the meaning of the last line of the novel?
3. Why, according to the author, is Edgar Derby's speech so remarkable during war?
4. What is Billy Pilgrim wearing by the time he reaches Dresden?
5. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
6. What is echolalia?
7. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
8. What story does Billy Pilgrim tell Montana when she begs him for one?
9. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
10. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)