|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
(a) Eating lunch at a greasy coffee shop
(b) Complaining about his book sales
(c) Yelling at kids to sell newspapers
(d) Taking notes for a new novel
2. What injury does Billy suffer from the airplane crash?
(a) He has broken his leg.
(b) He has broken four ribs.
(c) He has only cuts and scratches.
(d) He has a fractured skull.
3. Where does Billy work while he is in Dresden?
(a) In a factory
(b) In a kitchen
(c) In a railroad station
(d) In a library
4. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He was shot for stealing.
(b) He died from throwing up.
(c) He escaped after two days.
(d) He was beaten to death by a guard.
5. Who died a month earlier than that?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Robert Kennedy
(c) Montana Wildhack
(d) Fifty-eight soldiers in Vietnam
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
2. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
3. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
4. What time of year is it when the war ends?
5. Who is Bertram Rumfoord?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the phrase "so it goes" mean?
2. How does he explain the symbolism of his armband?
3. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
4. What did Billy Pilgrim ultimately learn from the Tralfamadorans?
5. What is Billy Pilgrim wearing by the time he reaches Dresden?
6. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
7. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
8. Why does Billy travel to New York?
9. What is the meaning of the last line of the novel?
10. What advice does Paul Lazzaro give to Billy Pilgrim?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)