|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vonnegut compare Dresden to after it has been bombed?
(a) The crater of a volcano
(b) The surface of the Moon
(c) A huge parking lot
(d) A forest fire
2. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
(a) A book that describes the Tralfamadorans
(b) A recording of songs by the Four-Eyed Bastards
(c) A magazine with Montana Wildhack on the cover
(d) A picture of himself taken by the German soldiers
3. How does Billy find out that the war is over?
(a) He hears the news on the radio.
(b) A girl comes up and kisses him.
(c) The American soldiers announce the news.
(d) The door to the inn is open.
4. Which sport are Kilgore Trout's aliens most interested in?
(d) Horse racing
5. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
(a) He has brain surgery and dreams for two solid days.
(b) He asks for a telephone and calls his wife.
(c) He tells the nurses that he has been kidnapped by aliens.
(d) He asks about his friends in the POW camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds Billy after the airplane crash?
2. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
3. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
4. Who was Paul Lazzaro's one friend in the war?
5. Why did the English prisoners give their latrine to the Americans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
2. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
3. What story does Billy Pilgrim tell Montana when she begs him for one?
4. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
5. How does he explain the symbolism of his armband?
6. What advice does Paul Lazzaro give to Billy Pilgrim?
7. Why does Billy travel to New York?
8. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
9. What does Bernard's article about human population reveal about life?
10. What is Billy Pilgrim wearing by the time he reaches Dresden?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)