|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Billy return to Dresden after the war ends?
(a) To find the body of Edgar Derby
(b) To look for survivors
(c) To take a picture of his old home
(d) To look for souvenirs
2. Who catches Billy at his crime?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) A German refugee
(c) Werner Gluck
(d) Paul Lazzaro
3. What do Billy, Werner, and Edgar find instead of a kitchen?
(a) A room that holds luggage from refugees
(b) A pen filled with the bodies of animals
(c) A library stuffed with old books
(d) A large shower with naked girls in it
4. What time of year is it when the war ends?
(d) Late Fall
5. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
(b) Two dozen
(c) Three hundred
(d) At least seventy-five
Short Answer Questions
1. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
2. What is the English translation of "Schlachthof-Funf?"
3. Professor Rumfoord is said to resemble. . .
4. What happens while Billy is still unconscious in the hospital?
5. How does Billy start telling people about Tralfamadore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
2. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
3. How did the English prisoners of war view the Americans?
4. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
5. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
6. What does Bernard's article about human population reveal about life?
7. What is echolalia?
8. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
9. Why does Billy travel to New York?
10. Why were the German guards in Dresden relieved when they saw the American prisoners of war?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)