|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died a month earlier than that?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Montana Wildhack
(c) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(d) Fifty-eight soldiers in Vietnam
2. What does Billy find outside the inn?
(a) The bodies of two German soldiers
(b) Paul Lazzaro with a knife in his hand
(c) One of the German refugees
(d) A coffin-shaped wagon and two horses
3. Who is the first person Billy sees when he wakes up after surgery?
(a) His daughter, Barbara
(b) Lily Rumfoord
(c) His son, Robert
(d) Professor Rumfoord
4. Where is Dresden located when Vonnegut goes to visit it?
(a) West Germany
(d) East Germany
5. What happens while Billy is still unconscious in the hospital?
(a) His daughter gets married.
(b) His wife dies.
(c) His son joins the army.
(d) Reagan is elected president.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
2. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
3. What is Paul Lazzaro most proud of?
4. What happens in The Big Board, the novel written by Kilgore Trout?
5. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
2. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
3. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
4. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
5. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
6. Why does Billy travel to New York?
7. Why does Billy become confused when the skiers arrive to rescue him after the plane crash?
8. What does Howard J. Campbell wear?
9. Why were the German guards in Dresden relieved when they saw the American prisoners of war?
10. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)