|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Werner Gluck
2. What is the one thing that causes Billy to cry during the war?
(a) He loses a clock that he found in one of the houses.
(b) He sees a beautiful woman having a picnic in the ruins.
(c) He finds the body of a child who died from breathing smoke.
(d) He sees that the horses pulling his wagon are in pain.
3. What injury does Billy suffer from the airplane crash?
(a) He has a fractured skull.
(b) He has broken his leg.
(c) He has broken four ribs.
(d) He has only cuts and scratches.
4. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
(a) He learned that he needed glasses.
(b) He had heard about Billy from friends.
(c) He had never met an optometrist before.
(d) He had never met a fan before.
5. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
(a) A book that describes the Tralfamadorans
(b) A magazine with Montana Wildhack on the cover
(c) A picture of himself taken by the German soldiers
(d) A recording of songs by the Four-Eyed Bastards
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
2. Who finds Billy after the airplane crash?
3. Why does Bertram Rumfoord not want to hear Billy talk about Dresden?
4. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
5. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Billy Pilgrim wearing by the time he reaches Dresden?
2. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
3. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
4. What does Bernard's article about human population reveal about life?
5. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
6. Why were the German guards in Dresden relieved when they saw the American prisoners of war?
7. What do the guards realize after they take the American prisoners back to the slaughterhouse?
8. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
9. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
10. Why does Billy travel to New York?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)