|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the one thing that causes Billy to cry during the war?
(a) He loses a clock that he found in one of the houses.
(b) He finds the body of a child who died from breathing smoke.
(c) He sees that the horses pulling his wagon are in pain.
(d) He sees a beautiful woman having a picnic in the ruins.
2. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
(a) Eleven billion people
(b) Six billion people
(c) Five billion people
(d) Seven billion people
3. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
(a) To figure out how to built a new latrine
(b) To help elect a leader for their group
(c) To plan how to survive for the next month
(d) To see another performance of Cinderella
4. What distracts Billy from Campbell's talk?
(c) Edgar Derby
5. Who was not permitted to enter Dresden after the bombing?
(a) German citizens
(b) German soldiers
(c) American prisoners of war
(d) Russian soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
2. Who is Billy's digging partner?
3. Professor Rumfoord is said to resemble. . .
4. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
5. How does Billy help Edgar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
2. How does he explain the symbolism of his armband?
3. What is echolalia?
4. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
5. What story does Billy Pilgrim tell Montana when she begs him for one?
6. Why were there so many girls at the slaughterhouse?
7. What did Billy Pilgrim ultimately learn from the Tralfamadorans?
8. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
9. What did Paul Lazzaro do to the dog that bit him?
10. Why, according to the author, is Edgar Derby's speech so remarkable during war?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)