|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
(a) Eating lunch at a greasy coffee shop
(b) Complaining about his book sales
(c) Taking notes for a new novel
(d) Yelling at kids to sell newspapers
2. What do the American pilots do when they see the prisoners of war walking through Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Stop to rescue them
(b) Fire bullets at them
(c) Drop leaflets about freedom
(d) Drop packages of food
3. What is the source of the "animal magnetism" that Billy feels in the hospital?
(a) An alien
(b) The nurse
(c) A vampire
(d) His coat
4. What decision does Billy come to while he is in the hospital after surgery?
(a) To tell the world about Tralfamadore
(b) Never to get married again
(c) Never to get into another airplane
(d) To protest the Vietnam War
5. Why did the Germans who survived the bombing flee from Dresden?
(a) They were afraid of the invading Russians.
(b) There was no food left in the city to eat.
(c) They were afraid the Allies would bomb it again.
(d) There was no supply of water in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. What present does Billy give his wife at their eighteenth wedding anniversary?
2. Who catches Billy at his crime?
3. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
4. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
5. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Billy Pilgrim ultimately learn from the Tralfamadorans?
2. What story does Billy Pilgrim tell Montana when she begs him for one?
3. Why does Billy travel to New York?
4. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
5. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
6. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
7. What does the phrase "so it goes" mean?
8. Why is Dresden so dark at night?
9. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
10. What finally happened to Edgar Derby?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)