|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the Frenchman ask about the Grand Canyon?
(a) How many species living in the canyon had gone extinct
(b) If many people commit suicide by jumping into the canyon
(c) If there were any good hotels inside the canyon itself
(d) If you could go white water rafting on the river
2. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
(a) The University of Dresden
(b) Stanford University
(c) Cornell University
(d) The University of Chicago
3. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
(b) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
(c) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(d) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
4. What play do the English prisoners put on to welcome the Americans?
(d) The Glass Menagerie
5. What was it about the Grand Canyon that scared Billy?
(a) He thought he might fall into it.
(b) He could not see the end of it.
(c) It reminded him of the swimming pool.
(d) He thought a rock might fall on his head.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had the British soldiers been prisoners of war?
2. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
3. What are the Tralfamadorans?
4. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
5. Who is "Princess?"
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Billy Pilgrim first experience being unstuck in time?
2. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
3. Why do the Germans need to record the names of the prisoners?
4. What did Kurt Vonnegut learn about the bombing of Dresden when he wrote to the Air Force for details?
5. Why does Vonnegut say this book will be "jumbled and jangled?"
6. What does the story of Sodom and Gomorrah have to do with Vonnegut's book about Dresden?
7. Where does Billy time travel to when the spaceship hits a time warp?
8. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
9. Why is Billy afraid to drop down from the railroad car?
10. Where were the American prisoners of war kept as they were captured?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)