|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Billy ask the Tralfamadorans?
(a) How his life will end.
(b) Where they are and how they got there.
(c) Where his mother is.
(d) What life on Trafalmadore is like.
2. What does Billy compare the guard's railroad car to?
(a) A brothel
(b) A palace
(c) A movie set
3. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut
(b) Roland Weary
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) Wild Bob
4. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
(a) That they are excusable if done for a good reason.
(b) To run away from them if at all possible.
(c) Not to be involved in them, or take glee from them.
(d) That they are a necessary part of human history.
5. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
(b) He settles down and gets married.
(c) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
(d) He gets a job delivering phone books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing both the Germans and the Tralfamadorans have Billy do?
2. Who is "Princess?"
3. Why does one of the Germans beat up an American prisoner of war?
4. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
5. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the story of Sodom and Gomorrah have to do with Vonnegut's book about Dresden?
2. What happened to the army scouts who left Billy and Roland behind?
3. Why does Kurt Vonnegut use real information from his life in this book?
4. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
5. Where does Billy wake up after falling asleep with the other prisoners in the stone cottage?
6. When does Billy Pilgrim first experience being unstuck in time?
7. Why does Vonnegut say this book will be "jumbled and jangled?"
8. How does Billy describe the Tralfamadorans?
9. Where were the American prisoners of war kept as they were captured?
10. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)