|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An anti-glacier book
(b) An anti-war book
(c) An epic
(d) A memoir
2. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) American Army Scouts
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) A patrol of German soldiers
(d) The Tralfamadorans
3. What does the Tralfamadoran compare a moment in time to?
(a) The reflection in a mirror
(b) A bug trapped in amber
(c) A flickering flame
(d) A sheet of ice
4. What question does Billy ask the Tralfamadorans?
(a) Where they are and how they got there.
(b) Where his mother is.
(c) What life on Trafalmadore is like.
(d) How his life will end.
5. What did Vonnegut study in college?
(a) Political science
(d) Creative Writing
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
2. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
3. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
4. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
5. What do humans look like to the Tralfamadorans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Billy extrapolate happening after the end of the war movie he is watching on the night before his daughter's wedding?
2. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
3. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
4. What does the story of Sodom and Gomorrah have to do with Vonnegut's book about Dresden?
5. What parts of Ilium remind Billy of the ruined towns in World War II?
6. When does Billy Pilgrim first experience being unstuck in time?
7. Why does Kurt Vonnegut use real information from his life in this book?
8. What happened to the army scouts who left Billy and Roland behind?
9. Where were the American prisoners of war kept as they were captured?
10. Why do the Germans need to record the names of the prisoners?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)