|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
(a) handcuffs on his wrists.
(b) his hair in a ponytail.
(c) clogs instead of boots.
(d) a blanket instead of a coat.
2. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
(a) Water flowing downhill into a large river
(b) The young people in the Children's Crusade
(c) Ants moving their anthill to a new location
(d) Caribou migrating across the Arctic plains
3. What do the Tralfamadorans do with Billy?
(a) They ask him about Earth culture.
(b) They perform intelligence tests on him.
(c) They put him on display in a zoo.
(d) They use him to test medicines.
4. How long had the British soldiers been prisoners of war?
(a) Four years
(b) Two years
(c) Eight months
(d) A year and a half
5. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An epic
(b) An anti-glacier book
(c) An anti-war book
(d) A memoir
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
2. How many days does Billy travel in the railroad cars before arriving at the camp?
3. What happens when Billy tries to sleep in the railroad car?
4. Why is Billy taken to the hospital during the play?
5. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Children's Crusade?
2. What is unusual about the way Tralfamadorans view time?
3. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
4. How did Tobruk's death change the procedure for recovering corpses?
5. According to the aliens in Kilgore Trout's book, what is the flaw in the story of Christ?
6. What happened to the army scouts who left Billy and Roland behind?
7. Why does Kurt Vonnegut use real information from his life in this book?
8. How did Billy finally get some sleep?
9. Why were the British officers in this particular camp?
10. Why was the Polish Farm laborer hung in Dresden?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)