|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
(a) He took lessons from a girl in a blue swimming suit.
(b) He used to go swimming with other boys in a local creek.
(c) His father threw him into the deep end of a swimming pool.
(d) He was on a sail boat that capsized during a storm.
2. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
(b) His best friends back in the United States
(c) His mother and his sister
(d) His car and his rifle
3. What is Billy's position in the war?
(a) Corporal in Support Services
(b) Private in the Infantry
(c) Second lieutenant
(d) Chaplain's assistant
4. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) A patrol of German soldiers
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) American Army Scouts
(d) The Tralfamadorans
5. Who promises to avenge Roland?
(a) The Three Musketeers
(b) Edgar Derby
(c) Paul Lazzaro
(d) Billy Pilgrim
Short Answer Questions
1. What do stars look like to Tralfamadorans?
2. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
3. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
4. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
5. Where does Billy time travel to after the Carlbad Caverns?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Billy keep a framed copy of the Serenity Prayer in his office?
2. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
3. How did Billy finally get some sleep?
4. What did Kurt Vonnegut learn about the bombing of Dresden when he wrote to the Air Force for details?
5. Where does Billy time travel to when the spaceship hits a time warp?
6. Why does Vonnegut say this book will be "jumbled and jangled?"
7. Where does Billy wake up after falling asleep with the other prisoners in the stone cottage?
8. What does the story of Sodom and Gomorrah have to do with Vonnegut's book about Dresden?
9. Where were the American prisoners of war kept as they were captured?
10. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)