|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do stars look like to Tralfamadorans?
(a) Glowing bouncing balls
(b) Hexagonal specks of light
(c) Strings of luminous spaghetti
(d) Pulsating circles of light
2. What happens when Billy tries to sleep in the railroad car?
(a) The other soldiers tell him to go lie down someplace else.
(b) Someone in the darkness starts screaming loudly.
(c) The railroad car starts moving too fast to sleep.
(d) The guards start searching through the railroad car.
3. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) A memoir
(b) An anti-war book
(c) An anti-glacier book
(d) An epic
4. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
(a) That's a pity.
(c) So it goes.
(d) No one really dies.
5. What does Billy dream about in the hospital?
(a) That he is a giraffe
(b) Flying over the battlefield
(c) Swimming in the Hudson River
(d) Marching next to Roland Weary
Short Answer Questions
1. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
2. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
3. Who promises to avenge Roland?
4. What is the only book Billy can read on the trip to Tralfamadore?
5. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Children's Crusade?
2. What does Billy extrapolate happening after the end of the war movie he is watching on the night before his daughter's wedding?
3. Why do the Germans need to record the names of the prisoners?
4. Name some of the places in time that Billy travels to in this chapter.
5. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
6. What does the story of Sodom and Gomorrah have to do with Vonnegut's book about Dresden?
7. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
8. Why does Kurt Vonnegut use real information from his life in this book?
9. How does Billy describe the Tralfamadorans?
10. Why does Billy keep a framed copy of the Serenity Prayer in his office?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)