|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
(a) His golden boots
(b) His pocket watch
(c) His ancient rifle
(d) His sheepskin jacket
2. What are the Tralfamadorans?
(a) People who become Billy's fan club.
(b) A secret society of optometrists.
(c) Aliens that see in four dimensions.
(d) A group of anti-war activists.
3. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
(a) He has become
(b) He does not like fighting.
(c) He cannot remember his war experiences.
(d) He is an optometrist who is blind.
4. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
(a) than died in the Concentration Camps.
(b) have ever died in automobile accidents.
(c) during the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
(d) have died from cancer in the last two years.
5. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) Bernard O'Hare
(b) The Tralfamadorans
(c) American Army Scouts
(d) A patrol of German soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
2. What question does the Frenchman ask about the Grand Canyon?
3. Why are the American prisoners given showers?
4. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
5. What is unusual about the war movie Billy watches?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
2. What did Kurt Vonnegut learn about the bombing of Dresden when he wrote to the Air Force for details?
3. What does the phrase "so it goes" mean?
4. How did Billy finally get some sleep?
5. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
6. Why were the German guards in Dresden relieved when they saw the American prisoners of war?
7. How does Edgar react when Billy feeds him?
8. Why, according to the author, is Edgar Derby's speech so remarkable during war?
9. What does Montana Wildhack wear around her neck?
10. Why were there so many girls at the slaughterhouse?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)