|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An epic
(b) An anti-war book
(c) A memoir
(d) An anti-glacier book
2. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
(a) Billy was a great soldier and should be proud of that.
(b) Billy should not have allowed himself to be captured.
(c) Chaplains are silly and unnecessary in the army.
(d) Billy should be proud of his son for joining the Green Berets.
3. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
(a) That they are a necessary part of human history.
(b) Not to be involved in them, or take glee from them.
(c) To run away from them if at all possible.
(d) That they are excusable if done for a good reason.
4. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
(a) The neighbor's dog starts barking.
(b) A man comes selling magazine subscriptions.
(c) The Tralfamadorans show up.
(d) His daughter calls on the telephone.
5. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
(a) One day
(b) Five days
(c) Two days
(d) Ten hours
Short Answer Questions
1. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
2. What does Billy do the night before his daughter's wedding?
3. When does Billy make his first public speech?
4. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
5. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Children's Crusade?
2. When does Billy Pilgrim first experience being unstuck in time?
3. Why does Kurt Vonnegut use real information from his life in this book?
4. Where does Billy time travel to when the spaceship hits a time warp?
5. What parts of Ilium remind Billy of the ruined towns in World War II?
6. Why were the British officers in this particular camp?
7. Why is it unusual for Kurt Vonnegut to appear in this book as a character?
8. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
9. What does Billy extrapolate happening after the end of the war movie he is watching on the night before his daughter's wedding?
10. Why does Billy keep a framed copy of the Serenity Prayer in his office?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)