|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had the British soldiers been prisoners of war?
(a) Two years
(b) Eight months
(c) Four years
(d) A year and a half
2. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
(a) He cannot remember his war experiences.
(b) He is an optometrist who is blind.
(c) He has become
(d) He does not like fighting.
3. What does Billy's doctor advise him to do every day?
(a) Take a nap
(b) Take anti-depressants
(d) Take a long walk
4. What, according to the Tralfamadoran, is a concept that only appears on Earth?
(a) Free will
5. Where does Billy time travel to while in the showers?
(a) He becomes an infant being washed by his mother.
(b) He goes back to the night when he was kidnapped.
(c) He returns to the Lion's Club dinner in 1957.
(d) He recalls nearly drowning in the swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days does Billy travel in the railroad cars before arriving at the camp?
2. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
3. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
4. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
5. What question does the Frenchman ask about the Grand Canyon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
2. According to the aliens in Kilgore Trout's book, what is the flaw in the story of Christ?
3. Why do people think Billy is brain damaged after his surgery?
4. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
5. Why was the Polish Farm laborer hung in Dresden?
6. What objects were hidden in Billy's coat?
7. What does Montana Wildhack wear around her neck?
8. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
9. Why do the soliders not want Billy to sleep near them?
10. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)