|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
(b) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(c) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(d) He ignores her when she asks questions.
2. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
(a) They wanted to play hide and seek with him.
(b) They were angry at him for smiling so much.
(c) They wanted him to help with the gardening.
(d) So they could take a picture of his
3. What is Billy's position in the war?
(a) Chaplain's assistant
(b) Second lieutenant
(c) Private in the Infantry
(d) Corporal in Support Services
4. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
(a) Chaplains are silly and unnecessary in the army.
(b) Billy should not have allowed himself to be captured.
(c) Billy was a great soldier and should be proud of that.
(d) Billy should be proud of his son for joining the Green Berets.
5. Who promises to avenge Roland?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) The Three Musketeers
(c) Billy Pilgrim
(d) Paul Lazzaro
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
2. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
3. Where does Billy time travel to after the Carlbad Caverns?
4. What play do the British officers perform for the Americans?
5. What does Billy see in the Carlsbad Caverns when the lights are switched off?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it unusual for Kurt Vonnegut to appear in this book as a character?
2. Where does Billy wake up after falling asleep with the other prisoners in the stone cottage?
3. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
4. According to the aliens in Kilgore Trout's book, what is the flaw in the story of Christ?
5. What is unusual about the way Tralfamadorans view time?
6. How did Billy finally get some sleep?
7. Where does Billy time travel to when the spaceship hits a time warp?
8. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
9. What was the Children's Crusade?
10. What does Billy extrapolate happening after the end of the war movie he is watching on the night before his daughter's wedding?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)