|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) His best friends back in the United States
(b) His mother and his sister
(c) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
(d) His car and his rifle
2. What did the German soldiers find on Billy when they searched him?
(a) His rifle and bayonet
(b) The letter from his mother
(c) A picture of his girlfriend
(d) A two-inch pencil stub
3. What is unique about the coat Billy Pilgrim gets from the Germans?
(a) It's the only coat from a civilian.
(b) It was made to be worn by a woman.
(c) It has silver buttons on the collar and cuffs.
(d) It is the only one made from blue fabric.
4. Where does Billy time travel to after the Carlbad Caverns?
(a) He returns to the POW camp.
(b) He travels to another family vacation.
(c) He returns to basic training.
(d) He travels to the moment of his death.
5. What question does Billy ask the Tralfamadorans?
(a) Where they are and how they got there.
(b) How his life will end.
(c) What life on Trafalmadore is like.
(d) Where his mother is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
2. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
3. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
4. Where does Billy time travel to while in the showers?
5. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut say this book will be "jumbled and jangled?"
2. Why do the Tralfamadorans not believe in free will?
3. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
4. What happened to the army scouts who left Billy and Roland behind?
5. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
6. Name some of the places in time that Billy travels to in this chapter.
7. What did Kurt Vonnegut learn about the bombing of Dresden when he wrote to the Air Force for details?
8. How do the Tralfamadorans answer Billy's question about being kidnapped?
9. Why do the Germans need to record the names of the prisoners?
10. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)