|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
(a) In a prisoner of war camp
(b) On Tralfamadore
(c) On the front lawn of the house
(d) In the backseat of his car
2. Which person dies on the railroad trip in Germany?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) Paul Lazzaro
(d) The hobo
3. What question does the Frenchman ask about the Grand Canyon?
(a) If you could go white water rafting on the river
(b) If there were any good hotels inside the canyon itself
(c) How many species living in the canyon had gone extinct
(d) If many people commit suicide by jumping into the canyon
4. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
(b) His daughter had never seen a river before.
(c) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(d) They want to go swimming in the water.
5. What is the only book Billy can read on the trip to Tralfamadore?
(a) The Dollhouse Murders
(b) How Green Was My Valley
(c) The Valley of the Dolls
(d) The Sorrow and the Pity
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
2. What was it about the Grand Canyon that scared Billy?
3. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
4. What do the Tralfamadorans do with Billy?
5. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Billy Pilgrim first experience being unstuck in time?
2. Why is it unusual for Kurt Vonnegut to appear in this book as a character?
3. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
4. Where does Billy wake up after falling asleep with the other prisoners in the stone cottage?
5. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
6. What was the Children's Crusade?
7. What parts of Ilium remind Billy of the ruined towns in World War II?
8. How did Billy finally get some sleep?
9. What happened to the army scouts who left Billy and Roland behind?
10. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)