|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(b) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
(c) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
(d) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
2. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
(a) And that's the end.
(b) So it goes.
(c) Nothing would ever be the same.
3. What question does Billy ask the Tralfamadorans?
(a) What life on Trafalmadore is like.
(b) Where they are and how they got there.
(c) Where his mother is.
(d) How his life will end.
4. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
(a) Roland Weary
(b) Wild Bob
(c) Kurt Vonnegut
(d) Bernard O'Hare
5. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
(a) He writes a book about his war experiences.
(b) He leaves his wife for a movie star named Montana Wildhack.
(c) He tells a radio audience that he was kidnapped by aliens.
(d) He goes back to Dresden to see what it looks like now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vonnegut study in college?
2. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
3. What does Billy compare the guard's railroad car to?
4. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
5. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
2. Why is it unusual for Kurt Vonnegut to appear in this book as a character?
3. Why does Kurt Vonnegut use real information from his life in this book?
4. What does the story of Sodom and Gomorrah have to do with Vonnegut's book about Dresden?
5. Name some of the places in time that Billy travels to in this chapter.
6. Where does Billy time travel to when the spaceship hits a time warp?
7. What parts of Ilium remind Billy of the ruined towns in World War II?
8. Why were the British officers in this particular camp?
9. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
10. What happened to the army scouts who left Billy and Roland behind?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)