|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
(a) Wild Bob
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(d) The Germans
2. What do the Tralfamadorans do with Billy?
(a) They ask him about Earth culture.
(b) They use him to test medicines.
(c) They perform intelligence tests on him.
(d) They put him on display in a zoo.
3. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
(a) They wanted him to help with the gardening.
(b) They wanted to play hide and seek with him.
(c) So they could take a picture of his
(d) They were angry at him for smiling so much.
4. What does Billy compare the guard's railroad car to?
(a) A brothel
(b) A movie set
(c) A palace
5. Why are the American prisoners given showers?
(a) To help kill the lice and germs on their bodies
(b) To warm them up after the cold railroad ride
(c) In order to humiliate the American Army
(d) Because the Germans cannot stand their smell
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing both the Germans and the Tralfamadorans have Billy do?
2. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
3. What do stars look like to Tralfamadorans?
4. What is unique about the coat Billy Pilgrim gets from the Germans?
5. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Billy Pilgrim first experience being unstuck in time?
2. Why do the Germans need to record the names of the prisoners?
3. How does Billy describe the Tralfamadorans?
4. Why does Billy keep a framed copy of the Serenity Prayer in his office?
5. What does Billy extrapolate happening after the end of the war movie he is watching on the night before his daughter's wedding?
6. Why do the Tralfamadorans not believe in free will?
7. According to the aliens in Kilgore Trout's book, what is the flaw in the story of Christ?
8. Where does Billy time travel to when the spaceship hits a time warp?
9. Why does the author keep reminding the reader that Edgar Derby will die in Dresden?
10. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)