|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was it about the Grand Canyon that scared Billy?
(a) It reminded him of the swimming pool.
(b) He thought a rock might fall on his head.
(c) He thought he might fall into it.
(d) He could not see the end of it.
2. Who is "Princess?"
(a) Billy's first girlfriend
(b) A German shepherd dog
(c) Roland Weary's wife
(d) The woman in Roland's picture
3. Who promises to avenge Roland?
(a) The Three Musketeers
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Paul Lazzaro
4. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) To his high school class in 1940
(b) In the POW camp in 1944
(c) On the radio in 1968
(d) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
5. Why do the Germans laugh at Billy's coat?
(a) He is wearing it backwards
(b) It is made out of blue silk
(c) It is much too small for him
(d) It has lace trim on the cuffs
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing both the Germans and the Tralfamadorans have Billy do?
2. What play do the British officers perform for the Americans?
3. When was Billy kidnapped by the Tralfamadorans?
4. Where does Billy time travel to after the Carlbad Caverns?
5. Why does one of the Germans beat up an American prisoner of war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Germans need to record the names of the prisoners?
2. How did the English prisoners of war view the Americans?
3. What parts of Ilium remind Billy of the ruined towns in World War II?
4. Why does Kurt Vonnegut use real information from his life in this book?
5. What is remarkable about Billy while he sleeps in the back of the coffin-shaped wagon in Dresden?
6. Why does Billy travel to New York?
7. When does Billy Pilgrim first experience being unstuck in time?
8. What does Billy extrapolate happening after the end of the war movie he is watching on the night before his daughter's wedding?
9. How does Billy Pilgrim die?
10. Why is Kilgore Trout shadowing Billy at the anniversary party?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)