|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who promises to avenge Roland?
(a) Paul Lazzaro
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) The Three Musketeers
(d) Edgar Derby
2. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
(a) A policeman in Chicago
(b) A guard in the prison camp
(c) A taxi-driver in Dresde
(d) The author of a book on massacres
3. What question does Billy ask the Tralfamadorans?
(a) Where his mother is.
(b) How his life will end.
(c) Where they are and how they got there.
(d) What life on Trafalmadore is like.
4. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) His best friends back in the United States
(b) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
(c) His car and his rifle
(d) His mother and his sister
5. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
(a) In a deserted zoo
(b) In an empty school
(c) In a baby food factory
(d) In a slaughterhouse
Short Answer Questions
1. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
2. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
3. Why are the American prisoners given showers?
4. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
5. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the structure of a Tralfamadoran novel.
2. What was the Children's Crusade?
3. Name some of the places in time that Billy travels to in this chapter.
4. Why were the British officers in this particular camp?
5. Where does Billy wake up after falling asleep with the other prisoners in the stone cottage?
6. What happened to the army scouts who left Billy and Roland behind?
7. Why is Billy afraid to drop down from the railroad car?
8. Where does Billy time travel to when the spaceship hits a time warp?
9. Where were the American prisoners of war kept as they were captured?
10. According to the aliens in Kilgore Trout's book, what is the flaw in the story of Christ?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)