|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing both the Germans and the Tralfamadorans have Billy do?
(a) Sit in a corner by himself
(b) Write a letter to his family
(c) Take off his clothes
(d) Promise not to run away
2. Why does one of the Germans beat up an American prisoner of war?
(a) He said something that the German did not like.
(b) He was mimicking one of the other guards.
(c) He was making fun of Billy Pilgrim.
(d) He was trying to escape from the POW camp.
3. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
(a) Roland Weary
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) Wild Bob
(d) Kurt Vonnegut
4. What is unusual about the war movie Billy watches?
(a) It stars Roland Weary as the hero of the story.
(b) It is about Billy's own experiences in the war.
(c) The characters in the movie start talking to Billy.
(d) It plays backwards and then forwards again.
5. Where is Billy when he wakes up from his dream?
(a) Back in the Carlsbad Caverns, in the dark
(b) Waiting for his wife to wake up and get dressed
(c) In a mental ward, three years after the war
(d) Sitting on his couch, watching a war movie
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
2. What happens when Billy tries to sleep in the railroad car?
3. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
4. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
5. Who is "Princess?"
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Billy afraid to drop down from the railroad car?
2. What was the Children's Crusade?
3. Where were the American prisoners of war kept as they were captured?
4. Where does Billy time travel to when the spaceship hits a time warp?
5. What did Kurt Vonnegut learn about the bombing of Dresden when he wrote to the Air Force for details?
6. Why were the British officers in this particular camp?
7. How do the Tralfamadorans answer Billy's question about being kidnapped?
8. Where does Billy wake up after falling asleep with the other prisoners in the stone cottage?
9. What does the story of Sodom and Gomorrah have to do with Vonnegut's book about Dresden?
10. When does Billy Pilgrim first experience being unstuck in time?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)