|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
(b) Nothing would ever be the same.
(c) And that's the end.
(d) So it goes.
2. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
(a) His golden boots
(b) His pocket watch
(c) His sheepskin jacket
(d) His ancient rifle
3. Who is "Princess?"
(a) Roland Weary's wife
(b) A German shepherd dog
(c) Billy's first girlfriend
(d) The woman in Roland's picture
4. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
(a) Ants moving their anthill to a new location
(b) Water flowing downhill into a large river
(c) The young people in the Children's Crusade
(d) Caribou migrating across the Arctic plains
5. What does one of the German soldiers do to Roland Weary?
(a) Spits on his shoulder
(b) Beats him with a rifle
(c) Takes away his uniform
(d) Mocks his accent
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Billy taken to the hospital during the play?
2. What do stars look like to Tralfamadorans?
3. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
4. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
5. When was Billy kidnapped by the Tralfamadorans?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Tralfamadorans answer Billy's question about being kidnapped?
2. Why do the Tralfamadorans not believe in free will?
3. Why do the Germans need to record the names of the prisoners?
4. According to the aliens in Kilgore Trout's book, what is the flaw in the story of Christ?
5. Why is it unusual for Kurt Vonnegut to appear in this book as a character?
6. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
7. Why is Billy afraid to drop down from the railroad car?
8. Why were Roland Weary's feet so bloody?
9. Why does Billy keep a framed copy of the Serenity Prayer in his office?
10. What does Billy extrapolate happening after the end of the war movie he is watching on the night before his daughter's wedding?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)