|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
(a) So It Goes
(c) The Destruction of Dresden
(d) The Children's Crusade
2. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
(b) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
(c) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
(d) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
3. What author does Eliot Rosewater tell Billy about?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut
(b) Kilgore Trout
(c) Philip K. Dick
(d) L. Ron Hubbard
4. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
(a) She thinks he got pneumonia.
(b) She thinks he is too proud to ask for money.
(c) She thinks he is getting senile.
(d) She thinks he is distracted by grief.
5. Where does Billy time travel to while in the showers?
(a) He recalls nearly drowning in the swimming pool.
(b) He returns to the Lion's Club dinner in 1957.
(c) He becomes an infant being washed by his mother.
(d) He goes back to the night when he was kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Billy taken to the hospital during the play?
2. What are the Tralfamadorans?
3. This took place in:
4. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
5. What happens when Billy tries to sleep in the railroad car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Billy wake up after falling asleep with the other prisoners in the stone cottage?
2. According to the aliens in Kilgore Trout's book, what is the flaw in the story of Christ?
3. Why does Vonnegut say this book will be "jumbled and jangled?"
4. How does Billy describe the Tralfamadorans?
5. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
6. What does the story of Sodom and Gomorrah have to do with Vonnegut's book about Dresden?
7. Name some of the places in time that Billy travels to in this chapter.
8. Where does Billy time travel to when the spaceship hits a time warp?
9. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
10. Why does Billy keep a framed copy of the Serenity Prayer in his office?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)