|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author call the places where bodies were found in Dresden?
(a) Corpse mines
(b) Ground zero
(c) Corpse caches
(d) Body holes
2. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
3. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
(a) turned into a huge shopping mall.
(b) conquered by the Chinese.
(c) divided into 20 smaller countries.
(d) declared the last super power.
4. Why does Billy return to Dresden after the war ends?
(a) To take a picture of his old home
(b) To look for survivors
(c) To look for souvenirs
(d) To find the body of Edgar Derby
5. What distracts Billy from Campbell's talk?
(b) Edgar Derby
6. What did the Polish song remind Billy about?
(a) How much he misses being with his wife
(b) Seeing a Polish farm laborer hung in Dresden
(c) A vacation he took once to Poland
(d) The accent of the Polish prisoners of war
7. What is the English translation of "Schlachthof-Funf?"
8. How long does Billy stay in Dresden before it is bombed?
(a) Thirty days
(b) Six months
(c) Two months
(d) Three weeks
9. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
(a) To help elect a leader for their group
(b) To see another performance of Cinderella
(c) To figure out how to built a new latrine
(d) To plan how to survive for the next month
10. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
(a) In a church
(b) In a stable
(c) Between large machines
(d) In rented rooms
11. What is the one thing that causes Billy to cry during the war?
(a) He sees that the horses pulling his wagon are in pain.
(b) He sees a beautiful woman having a picnic in the ruins.
(c) He finds the body of a child who died from breathing smoke.
(d) He loses a clock that he found in one of the houses.
12. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
(a) The German guards like the Americans better.
(b) They are young and will forget war sooner.
(c) They are going to be exchanged soon and go home.
(d) They are moving out from the camp to Dresden.
13. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
(a) Taking notes for a new novel
(b) Eating lunch at a greasy coffee shop
(c) Yelling at kids to sell newspapers
(d) Complaining about his book sales
14. What is the source of the "animal magnetism" that Billy feels in the hospital?
(a) His coat
(b) An alien
(c) The nurse
(d) A vampire
15. In New York, Billy stays at which hotel?
(a) The Warwick
(b) The Ritz-Carlton
(c) Trump Tower
(d) The Royalton Hotel
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Billy believe that he will die?
2. Which of these was not the subject of a book by Kilgore Trout?
3. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
4. Which Earthling do the Tralfamadorans find the most interesting?
5. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)