|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
(a) He says it was a pity.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He starts crying.
(d) He gets angry.
2. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
(a) They both studied Optometry.
(b) They are distant cousins.
(c) They went to the same school.
(d) They are exactly the same age.
3. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He was beaten to death by a guard.
(b) He was shot for stealing.
(c) He escaped after two days.
(d) He died from throwing up.
4. Who, according to the author, died two days before he wrote this chapter?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Kurt Vonnegut's father
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) John F. Kennedy
5. Who is the first person Billy sees when he wakes up after surgery?
(a) His daughter, Barbara
(b) His son, Robert
(c) Professor Rumfoord
(d) Lily Rumfoord
6. Who was Paul Lazzaro's one friend in the war?
(a) Bernard O'Hare
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Roland Weary
(d) Edgar Derby
7. Who is Billy's digging partner?
(a) A Maori prisoner named Tobruk
(b) A Russian prisoner named Dmitri
(c) An English officer from the camp
(d) Kurt Vonnegut
8. Where does Billy time travel to while he is on the airplane?
(a) Forward to the moment when he first meets Montana Wildhack
(b) Forward to the time when his daughter finds him in a cold house
(c) Back to the moment when he proposed to his wife, Valencia
(d) Back to the time he spent with Roland Weary before being captured
9. Who catches Billy at his crime?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) Werner Gluck
(c) A German refugee
(d) Paul Lazzaro
10. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) An abbess in a nunnery
(b) A blind innkeeper
(c) The Red Cross
(d) A factory owner
11. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
(a) Her father gave it to Billy
(b) Billy found it in Dresden
(c) The coat Billy wore in the POW camp
(d) It was an heirloom in Billy's family
12. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
(a) The Eyemen
(b) Sixteen Eyes, No Waiting
(c) The Four-Eyed Bastards
(d) The Four Febs
13. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
(a) To see another performance of Cinderella
(b) To plan how to survive for the next month
(c) To figure out how to built a new latrine
(d) To help elect a leader for their group
14. What did Vonnegut think Dresden looked like?
(d) New York
15. Who was not permitted to enter Dresden after the bombing?
(a) German citizens
(b) American prisoners of war
(c) German soldiers
(d) Russian soldiers
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Dresden located when Vonnegut goes to visit it?
2. What injury does Billy suffer from the airplane crash?
3. How does Billy leave the hospital?
4. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
5. Which of these was not the subject of a book by Kilgore Trout?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)