|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
(a) He prepares meals.
(b) He counts passengers.
(c) He cleans and fills jars with syrup.
(d) He censors letters.
2. Whom else board the plane
(a) Some other opthometrists
(b) Aliens from Trafalmadore
(c) Government Bureacrats
(d) Soldiers like Billy
3. What do they find in the ruins of a building?
(a) The body of a priest clutching a rosary
(b) One small child who survived the fires
(c) An American prisoner who had been missing
(d) Dozens of unmarked corpses
4. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
(a) Paul Lazzaro
(b) Eliot Rosewater
(c) Billy Pilgrim
(d) Kurt Vonnegut
5. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
(a) a former go-go dancer
(b) an Air Force officer
(c) related to Billy Pilgrim
(d) one of his former students
6. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
(a) They are distant cousins.
(b) They went to the same school.
(c) They are exactly the same age.
(d) They both studied Optometry.
7. Who guards Billy and Edgar Derby as they work in the slaughterhouse?
(a) Two blonde German soldiers
(b) Paul Lazzaro
(c) A sixteen-year-old boy
(d) An old man with one leg
8. What is Paul Lazzaro most proud of?
(a) He was able to fight as a boxer.
(b) He never told a lie to another.
(c) He never hurt an innocent bystander.
(d) He never stole anything in his life.
9. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Werner Gluck
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Bernard O'Hare
10. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
(a) To plan how to survive for the next month
(b) To help elect a leader for their group
(c) To see another performance of Cinderella
(d) To figure out how to built a new latrine
11. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
(a) The American army advancing
(b) The hobo's body in the weeds
(c) More prisoners coming into camp
(d) Several people from the nearby town
12. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
(a) The pallbearers at the funeral for is father
(b) The ushers at his wedding eighteen years earlier
(c) The four guards who survived the bombing in Dresden
(d) The barbershop quartet who died in the airplane crash
13. Who is the first person Billy sees when he wakes up after surgery?
(a) His daughter, Barbara
(b) Professor Rumfoord
(c) His son, Robert
(d) Lily Rumfoord
14. Why does Billy return to Dresden after the war ends?
(a) To take a picture of his old home
(b) To look for survivors
(c) To look for souvenirs
(d) To find the body of Edgar Derby
15. Professor Rumfoord is said to resemble. . .
(a) Howard J. Campbell
(b) Theodore Roosevelt
(c) a gorilla
(d) Sean Connery
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
2. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
3. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
4. What did the Polish song remind Billy about?
5. When does Billy believe that he will die?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)