|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
2. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
(a) Three hundred
(c) Two dozen
(d) At least seventy-five
3. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
(a) He says it was a pity.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He agrees.
4. In New York, Billy stays at which hotel?
(a) The Warwick
(b) Trump Tower
(c) The Ritz-Carlton
(d) The Royalton Hotel
5. What did the corpses start to smell like?
(a) Axle grease
(b) Vinegar and bleach
(c) Melted wax
(d) Mustard gas and roses
6. Who catches Billy at his crime?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) A German refugee
(c) Paul Lazzaro
(d) Werner Gluck
7. Who becomes the Head American?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) A British Officer
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Paul Lazzaro
8. What is the source of the "animal magnetism" that Billy feels in the hospital?
(a) A vampire
(b) The nurse
(c) An alien
(d) His coat
9. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
(a) He asks for a telephone and calls his wife.
(b) He tells the nurses that he has been kidnapped by aliens.
(c) He asks about his friends in the POW camp.
(d) He has brain surgery and dreams for two solid days.
10. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
(a) The German guards like the Americans better.
(b) They are going to be exchanged soon and go home.
(c) They are moving out from the camp to Dresden.
(d) They are young and will forget war sooner.
11. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
(a) a former go-go dancer
(b) one of his former students
(c) an Air Force officer
(d) related to Billy Pilgrim
12. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
(a) They are distant cousins.
(b) They went to the same school.
(c) They are exactly the same age.
(d) They both studied Optometry.
13. Professor Rumfoord is said to resemble. . .
(a) Howard J. Campbell
(b) Sean Connery
(c) a gorilla
(d) Theodore Roosevelt
14. What did Vonnegut think Dresden looked like?
(b) New York
15. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
(a) divided into 20 smaller countries.
(b) turned into a huge shopping mall.
(c) conquered by the Chinese.
(d) declared the last super power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they find in the ruins of a building?
2. What decision does Billy come to while he is in the hospital after surgery?
3. What happened to Billy's partner?
4. How does Billy help Edgar?
5. Who, according to Campbell, would the Americans be fighting if they joined him?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)