|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
(a) turned into a huge shopping mall.
(b) conquered by the Chinese.
(c) declared the last super power.
(d) divided into 20 smaller countries.
2. What present does Billy give his wife at their eighteenth wedding anniversary?
(a) Diamond earrings
(b) A cocktail ring
(c) A sapphire necklace
(d) A tennis bracelet
3. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
(a) The coat Billy wore in the POW camp
(b) Her father gave it to Billy
(c) It was an heirloom in Billy's family
(d) Billy found it in Dresden
4. Which Earthling do the Tralfamadorans find the most interesting?
(a) Jesus Christ
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Charles Darwin
(d) Kilgore Trout
5. What is the source of the "animal magnetism" that Billy feels in the hospital?
(a) An alien
(b) A vampire
(c) His coat
(d) The nurse
6. What injury does Billy suffer from the airplane crash?
(a) He has broken his leg.
(b) He has broken four ribs.
(c) He has a fractured skull.
(d) He has only cuts and scratches.
7. What is the English translation of "Schlachthof-Funf?"
8. Who was not permitted to enter Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Russian soldiers
(b) German citizens
(c) German soldiers
(d) American prisoners of war
9. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
(a) The pallbearers at the funeral for is father
(b) The ushers at his wedding eighteen years earlier
(c) The barbershop quartet who died in the airplane crash
(d) The four guards who survived the bombing in Dresden
10. How do the Tralfamadorans view every creature and plant in the universe?
(a) As sacred beings
(b) As doomed souls
(c) As machines
(d) As unique individuals
11. What do the American pilots do when they see the prisoners of war walking through Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Fire bullets at them
(b) Drop packages of food
(c) Stop to rescue them
(d) Drop leaflets about freedom
12. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
(a) A recording of songs by the Four-Eyed Bastards
(b) A magazine with Montana Wildhack on the cover
(c) A picture of himself taken by the German soldiers
(d) A book that describes the Tralfamadorans
13. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
(a) They are young and will forget war sooner.
(b) They are going to be exchanged soon and go home.
(c) They are moving out from the camp to Dresden.
(d) The German guards like the Americans better.
14. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
(a) To salvage weapons from the buildings
(b) To look for survivors of the fires
(c) To dig for bodies in the rubble
(d) There is no other place to put them
15. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
(a) He starts crying.
(b) He says it was a pity.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He gets angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
2. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
3. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
4. How long does Billy stay in Dresden before it is bombed?
5. Where does Billy time travel to while he is on the airplane?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)