|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who died a month earlier than that?
(a) Robert Kennedy
(b) Montana Wildhack
(c) Fifty-eight soldiers in Vietnam
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. What, according to Paul Lazzaro, is the sweetest thing on Earth?
(a) Vanilla Ice Cream
3. Who used to live in the room where Billy stays?
(a) Dorothy Parker
(b) George Jean Nathan
(c) Truman Capote
(d) Alexander Woolcott
4. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
(a) They are young and will forget war sooner.
(b) They are going to be exchanged soon and go home.
(c) They are moving out from the camp to Dresden.
(d) The German guards like the Americans better.
5. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
(a) He eats syrup meant for pregnant women.
(b) He falls asleep while he is supposed to work.
(c) He steals jewels and puts them in his pocket.
(d) He kills a guard who tries to steal from him.
6. What distracts Billy from Campbell's talk?
(d) Edgar Derby
7. Why does Billy return to Dresden after the war ends?
(a) To take a picture of his old home
(b) To look for survivors
(c) To look for souvenirs
(d) To find the body of Edgar Derby
8. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
(a) In rented rooms
(b) In a stable
(c) Between large machines
(d) In a church
9. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
(a) He had never met an optometrist before.
(b) He had never met a fan before.
(c) He had heard about Billy from friends.
(d) He learned that he needed glasses.
10. Where does Billy work while he is in Dresden?
(a) In a railroad station
(b) In a factory
(c) In a kitchen
(d) In a library
11. Why did the Germans who survived the bombing flee from Dresden?
(a) They were afraid the Allies would bomb it again.
(b) There was no food left in the city to eat.
(c) They were afraid of the invading Russians.
(d) There was no supply of water in the city.
12. What do the American pilots do when they see the prisoners of war walking through Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Fire bullets at them
(b) Drop leaflets about freedom
(c) Drop packages of food
(d) Stop to rescue them
13. Who becomes the Head American?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) A British Officer
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Paul Lazzaro
14. Whom else board the plane
(a) Some other opthometrists
(b) Aliens from Trafalmadore
(c) Soldiers like Billy
(d) Government Bureacrats
15. What did the Polish song remind Billy about?
(a) How much he misses being with his wife
(b) A vacation he took once to Poland
(c) The accent of the Polish prisoners of war
(d) Seeing a Polish farm laborer hung in Dresden
Short Answer Questions
1. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
2. Why did the English prisoners give their latrine to the Americans?
3. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
4. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
5. What decision does Billy come to while he is in the hospital after surgery?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)