|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the American pilots do when they see the prisoners of war walking through Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Drop leaflets about freedom
(b) Drop packages of food
(c) Fire bullets at them
(d) Stop to rescue them
2. What time of year is it when the war ends?
(a) Late Fall
3. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut
(b) Eliot Rosewater
(c) Paul Lazzaro
(d) Billy Pilgrim
4. Why did the English prisoners give their latrine to the Americans?
(a) They did not need the latrine because they had another one.
(b) They wanted to be as friendly as possible.
(c) They were disgusted by the Americans' messiness.
(d) They wanted the Americans to feel at home.
5. What does Billy find in the theater to wear?
(a) Somebody's fur hat
(b) A new overcoat
(c) Cinderella's gown
(d) Silver boots
6. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
(a) Sixteen Eyes, No Waiting
(b) The Four Febs
(c) The Four-Eyed Bastards
(d) The Eyemen
7. What does Vonnegut compare Dresden to after it has been bombed?
(a) A huge parking lot
(b) The crater of a volcano
(c) The surface of the Moon
(d) A forest fire
8. In New York, Billy stays at which hotel?
(a) The Warwick
(b) The Royalton Hotel
(c) The Ritz-Carlton
(d) Trump Tower
9. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
(a) Yelling at kids to sell newspapers
(b) Complaining about his book sales
(c) Eating lunch at a greasy coffee shop
(d) Taking notes for a new novel
10. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
(a) He prepares meals.
(b) He counts passengers.
(c) He cleans and fills jars with syrup.
(d) He censors letters.
11. Who was Paul Lazzaro's one friend in the war?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Edgar Derby
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) Roland Weary
12. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
(a) Kilgore Trout
(b) Eliot Rosewater
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Howard J. Campbell
13. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He died from throwing up.
(b) He was shot for stealing.
(c) He was beaten to death by a guard.
(d) He escaped after two days.
14. What do Billy, Werner, and Edgar find instead of a kitchen?
(a) A room that holds luggage from refugees
(b) A pen filled with the bodies of animals
(c) A large shower with naked girls in it
(d) A library stuffed with old books
15. How does Billy find out that the war is over?
(a) He hears the news on the radio.
(b) The American soldiers announce the news.
(c) A girl comes up and kisses him.
(d) The door to the inn is open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bertram Rumfoord tell Lily about Billy?
2. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
3. How does Billy leave the hospital?
4. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
5. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)