|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vonnegut think Dresden looked like?
(d) New York
2. What distracts Billy from Campbell's talk?
(c) Edgar Derby
3. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
(a) related to Billy Pilgrim
(b) an Air Force officer
(c) a former go-go dancer
(d) one of his former students
4. What does Bertram Rumfoord tell Lily about Billy?
(a) That Billy would be better off dead
(b) That Billy should be a private room
(c) That Billy used to be famous
(d) That Billy was a private in the army
5. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Werner Gluck
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Bernard O'Hare
6. How long does Billy stay in Dresden before it is bombed?
(a) Three weeks
(b) Six months
(c) Two months
(d) Thirty days
7. What do Billy, Werner, and Edgar find instead of a kitchen?
(a) A large shower with naked girls in it
(b) A library stuffed with old books
(c) A pen filled with the bodies of animals
(d) A room that holds luggage from refugees
8. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
(a) The barbershop quartet who died in the airplane crash
(b) The ushers at his wedding eighteen years earlier
(c) The pallbearers at the funeral for is father
(d) The four guards who survived the bombing in Dresden
9. Who was in the camp hospital with Billy when he woke up?
(a) A British Officer
(b) Roland Weary and Edgar Derby
(c) No one
(d) Edgar Derby and Paul Lazzaro
10. Who becomes the Head American?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) A British Officer
(c) Billy Pilgrim
(d) Paul Lazzaro
11. Which Earthling do the Tralfamadorans find the most interesting?
(a) Jesus Christ
(b) Charles Darwin
(c) Kilgore Trout
(d) Billy Pilgrim
12. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
(a) An American who joined the Nazi Party
(b) The owner of the factory Billy works in
(c) One of the prisoners of war
(d) One of the American generals
13. What injury does Billy suffer from the airplane crash?
(a) He has broken four ribs.
(b) He has only cuts and scratches.
(c) He has a fractured skull.
(d) He has broken his leg.
14. How does Billy start telling people about Tralfamadore?
(a) He writes a letter to the New York Times.
(b) By going on a television show and speaking to the host.
(c) On a radio show that broadcasts near his hotel.
(d) He writes a book that becomes a bestseller.
15. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
(a) A magazine with Montana Wildhack on the cover
(b) A book that describes the Tralfamadorans
(c) A picture of himself taken by the German soldiers
(d) A recording of songs by the Four-Eyed Bastards
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the one thing that causes Billy to cry during the war?
2. Who died a month earlier than that?
3. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
4. Who guards Billy and Edgar Derby as they work in the slaughterhouse?
5. Which of these was not the subject of a book by Kilgore Trout?
This section contains 581 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)