|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What distracts Billy from Campbell's talk?
(b) Edgar Derby
2. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
(a) He cleans and fills jars with syrup.
(b) He prepares meals.
(c) He censors letters.
(d) He counts passengers.
3. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
(a) To salvage weapons from the buildings
(b) To dig for bodies in the rubble
(c) There is no other place to put them
(d) To look for survivors of the fires
4. What happens in The Big Board, the novel written by Kilgore Trout?
(a) The lone survivor of an airplane crash begins to experience the memories of those who died.
(b) A man and woman are kidnapped by aliens and displayed in a zoo.
(c) A robot starts to think that he is experiencing time travel.
(d) A man tries to investigate a murder that takes place in the future.
5. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) The Red Cross
(b) A blind innkeeper
(c) An abbess in a nunnery
(d) A factory owner
6. What does the author call the places where bodies were found in Dresden?
(a) Corpse caches
(b) Body holes
(c) Corpse mines
(d) Ground zero
7. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
(a) He kills a guard who tries to steal from him.
(b) He eats syrup meant for pregnant women.
(c) He steals jewels and puts them in his pocket.
(d) He falls asleep while he is supposed to work.
8. Where does Billy time travel to while he is on the airplane?
(a) Forward to the time when his daughter finds him in a cold house
(b) Back to the moment when he proposed to his wife, Valencia
(c) Back to the time he spent with Roland Weary before being captured
(d) Forward to the moment when he first meets Montana Wildhack
9. Who is Bertram Rumfoord?
(a) A professor and official Air Force Historian
(b) Another optometrist in the airplane crash
(c) Another survivor of the Dresden bombing
(d) Billy Pilgrim's father-in-law
10. Which sport are Kilgore Trout's aliens most interested in?
(a) Horse racing
11. What does Vonnegut compare Dresden to after it has been bombed?
(a) A forest fire
(b) The crater of a volcano
(c) The surface of the Moon
(d) A huge parking lot
12. What did Vonnegut think Dresden looked like?
(a) New York
13. Why did the Englishman say that Dresden would never be bombed?
(a) Because it had no war industries
(b) Because it was a neutral city
(c) Because it was too far from the border
(d) Because the prisoners of war were there
14. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
(a) He has brain surgery and dreams for two solid days.
(b) He asks about his friends in the POW camp.
(c) He asks for a telephone and calls his wife.
(d) He tells the nurses that he has been kidnapped by aliens.
15. Where does Billy work while he is in Dresden?
(a) In a library
(b) In a kitchen
(c) In a factory
(d) In a railroad station
Short Answer Questions
1. Who catches Billy at his crime?
2. Why did the English prisoners give their latrine to the Americans?
3. What does Vonnegut imagine doing as he flies over the East German cities?
4. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
5. Why does Bertram Rumfoord not want to hear Billy talk about Dresden?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)