|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
(a) One of the prisoners of war
(b) One of the American generals
(c) An American who joined the Nazi Party
(d) The owner of the factory Billy works in
2. What do Billy, Werner, and Edgar find instead of a kitchen?
(a) A room that holds luggage from refugees
(b) A pen filled with the bodies of animals
(c) A library stuffed with old books
(d) A large shower with naked girls in it
3. Who died a month earlier than that?
(a) Fifty-eight soldiers in Vietnam
(b) Robert Kennedy
(c) Montana Wildhack
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
4. Why does Bertram Rumfoord not want to hear Billy talk about Dresden?
(a) He does not need any more research about the event.
(b) He is worried that Lily is secretly attracted to Billy.
(c) He does not believe that Billy was really there.
(d) He does not want to have to deal with facts about the bombing.
5. What do they find in the ruins of a building?
(a) One small child who survived the fires
(b) An American prisoner who had been missing
(c) The body of a priest clutching a rosary
(d) Dozens of unmarked corpses
6. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He says it was a pity.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He starts crying.
7. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
(a) a former go-go dancer
(b) an Air Force officer
(c) one of his former students
(d) related to Billy Pilgrim
8. What is the one thing that causes Billy to cry during the war?
(a) He sees a beautiful woman having a picnic in the ruins.
(b) He finds the body of a child who died from breathing smoke.
(c) He loses a clock that he found in one of the houses.
(d) He sees that the horses pulling his wagon are in pain.
9. What time of year is it when the war ends?
(b) Late Fall
10. Who was not permitted to enter Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Russian soldiers
(b) German citizens
(c) American prisoners of war
(d) German soldiers
11. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
(a) At least seventy-five
(b) Two dozen
(d) Three hundred
12. What decision does Billy come to while he is in the hospital after surgery?
(a) Never to get married again
(b) Never to get into another airplane
(c) To protest the Vietnam War
(d) To tell the world about Tralfamadore
13. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
(a) They are exactly the same age.
(b) They went to the same school.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They both studied Optometry.
14. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) A factory owner
(b) A blind innkeeper
(c) An abbess in a nunnery
(d) The Red Cross
15. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
(a) Yelling at kids to sell newspapers
(b) Eating lunch at a greasy coffee shop
(c) Taking notes for a new novel
(d) Complaining about his book sales
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
2. Why did the Englishman say that Dresden would never be bombed?
3. What does the Head Englishman give the American soldiers in the theater?
4. How long does Billy stay in Dresden before it is bombed?
5. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)