|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He was beaten to death by a guard.
(b) He died from throwing up.
(c) He escaped after two days.
(d) He was shot for stealing.
2. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
(a) Five billion people
(b) Eleven billion people
(c) Seven billion people
(d) Six billion people
3. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
(a) At least seventy-five
(c) Three hundred
(d) Two dozen
4. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
(a) In a church
(b) In rented rooms
(c) In a stable
(d) Between large machines
5. What time of year is it when the war ends?
(d) Late Fall
6. Which sport are Kilgore Trout's aliens most interested in?
(c) Horse racing
7. What do the American pilots do when they see the prisoners of war walking through Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Stop to rescue them
(b) Fire bullets at them
(c) Drop packages of food
(d) Drop leaflets about freedom
8. What, according to Paul Lazzaro, is the sweetest thing on Earth?
(d) Vanilla Ice Cream
9. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Werner Gluck
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) Edgar Derby
10. Who used to live in the room where Billy stays?
(a) George Jean Nathan
(b) Truman Capote
(c) Dorothy Parker
(d) Alexander Woolcott
11. When does Billy believe that he will die?
(a) February 13th, 1976
(b) September 17th, 1979
(c) October 12th, 1980
(d) January 25th, 1982
12. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) An abbess in a nunnery
(b) A blind innkeeper
(c) The Red Cross
(d) A factory owner
13. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
(a) Howard J. Campbell
(b) Eliot Rosewater
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Kilgore Trout
14. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He gets angry.
(d) He says it was a pity.
15. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
(a) He had never met an optometrist before.
(b) He had never met a fan before.
(c) He learned that he needed glasses.
(d) He had heard about Billy from friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. What response does Campbell get from most of the prisoners?
2. What does Bertram Rumfoord tell Lily about Billy?
3. What does Vonnegut imagine doing as he flies over the East German cities?
4. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
5. Who is Billy's digging partner?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)