|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
(a) Paul Lazzaro
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Kurt Vonnegut
(d) Eliot Rosewater
2. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
(a) He counts passengers.
(b) He censors letters.
(c) He cleans and fills jars with syrup.
(d) He prepares meals.
3. What do Billy, Werner, and Edgar find instead of a kitchen?
(a) A room that holds luggage from refugees
(b) A pen filled with the bodies of animals
(c) A large shower with naked girls in it
(d) A library stuffed with old books
4. When does Billy believe that he will die?
(a) September 17th, 1979
(b) February 13th, 1976
(c) January 25th, 1982
(d) October 12th, 1980
5. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
(b) At least seventy-five
(c) Three hundred
(d) Two dozen
6. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
(a) He eats syrup meant for pregnant women.
(b) He steals jewels and puts them in his pocket.
(c) He kills a guard who tries to steal from him.
(d) He falls asleep while he is supposed to work.
7. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
(a) He agrees.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He says it was a pity.
(d) He gets angry.
8. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
(a) They are distant cousins.
(b) They are exactly the same age.
(c) They both studied Optometry.
(d) They went to the same school.
9. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
(a) A recording of songs by the Four-Eyed Bastards
(b) A magazine with Montana Wildhack on the cover
(c) A picture of himself taken by the German soldiers
(d) A book that describes the Tralfamadorans
10. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
(a) one of his former students
(b) an Air Force officer
(c) a former go-go dancer
(d) related to Billy Pilgrim
11. What, according to Paul Lazzaro, is the sweetest thing on Earth?
(a) Vanilla Ice Cream
12. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
(a) He learned that he needed glasses.
(b) He had heard about Billy from friends.
(c) He had never met a fan before.
(d) He had never met an optometrist before.
13. What does Billy find outside the inn?
(a) A coffin-shaped wagon and two horses
(b) Paul Lazzaro with a knife in his hand
(c) One of the German refugees
(d) The bodies of two German soldiers
14. What is the English translation of "Schlachthof-Funf?"
15. Who used to live in the room where Billy stays?
(a) Dorothy Parker
(b) Alexander Woolcott
(c) George Jean Nathan
(d) Truman Capote
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes the Head American?
2. What present does Billy give his wife at their eighteenth wedding anniversary?
3. What is Paul Lazzaro most proud of?
4. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
5. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)