|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
(a) To plan how to survive for the next month
(b) To see another performance of Cinderella
(c) To figure out how to built a new latrine
(d) To help elect a leader for their group
2. What does the Head Englishman give the American soldiers in the theater?
(a) A lecture on hygiene
(b) A radio tuned to an English station
(c) A map of the prison camp
(d) Boxes of pears and apples
3. Where does Billy work while he is in Dresden?
(a) In a kitchen
(b) In a library
(c) In a factory
(d) In a railroad station
4. What does Vonnegut compare Dresden to after it has been bombed?
(a) The surface of the Moon
(b) A huge parking lot
(c) The crater of a volcano
(d) A forest fire
5. Where does Billy time travel to while he is on the airplane?
(a) Forward to the time when his daughter finds him in a cold house
(b) Back to the time he spent with Roland Weary before being captured
(c) Forward to the moment when he first meets Montana Wildhack
(d) Back to the moment when he proposed to his wife, Valencia
6. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
(a) divided into 20 smaller countries.
(b) conquered by the Chinese.
(c) turned into a huge shopping mall.
(d) declared the last super power.
7. Why does Bertram Rumfoord not want to hear Billy talk about Dresden?
(a) He is worried that Lily is secretly attracted to Billy.
(b) He does not believe that Billy was really there.
(c) He does not want to have to deal with facts about the bombing.
(d) He does not need any more research about the event.
8. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
(a) They both studied Optometry.
(b) They are exactly the same age.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They went to the same school.
9. Which Earthling do the Tralfamadorans find the most interesting?
(a) Jesus Christ
(b) Charles Darwin
(c) Billy Pilgrim
(d) Kilgore Trout
10. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He starts crying.
(c) He says it was a pity.
(d) He agrees.
11. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
(a) The hobo's body in the weeds
(b) More prisoners coming into camp
(c) Several people from the nearby town
(d) The American army advancing
12. Why does Billy return to Dresden after the war ends?
(a) To find the body of Edgar Derby
(b) To look for souvenirs
(c) To look for survivors
(d) To take a picture of his old home
13. Why did the Englishman say that Dresden would never be bombed?
(a) Because it was too far from the border
(b) Because it was a neutral city
(c) Because the prisoners of war were there
(d) Because it had no war industries
14. What do they find in the ruins of a building?
(a) The body of a priest clutching a rosary
(b) Dozens of unmarked corpses
(c) One small child who survived the fires
(d) An American prisoner who had been missing
15. What does Bertram Rumfoord tell Lily about Billy?
(a) That Billy would be better off dead
(b) That Billy used to be famous
(c) That Billy was a private in the army
(d) That Billy should be a private room
Short Answer Questions
1. Who catches Billy at his crime?
2. What does Billy find outside the inn?
3. What time of year is it when the war ends?
4. What is the source of the "animal magnetism" that Billy feels in the hospital?
5. What is Paul Lazzaro most proud of?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)