|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Vonnegut think Dresden looked like?
(d) New York
2. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
(a) To salvage weapons from the buildings
(b) There is no other place to put them
(c) To look for survivors of the fires
(d) To dig for bodies in the rubble
3. What present does Billy give his wife at their eighteenth wedding anniversary?
(a) A tennis bracelet
(b) A cocktail ring
(c) Diamond earrings
(d) A sapphire necklace
4. What do the American pilots do when they see the prisoners of war walking through Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Drop leaflets about freedom
(b) Drop packages of food
(c) Fire bullets at them
(d) Stop to rescue them
5. What is the source of the "animal magnetism" that Billy feels in the hospital?
(a) A vampire
(b) An alien
(c) His coat
(d) The nurse
6. What does Vonnegut imagine doing as he flies over the East German cities?
(a) Dropping bombs on them
(b) Taking a space ship to another planet
(c) Talking to the people below
(d) Having a few beers later on
7. What, according to Paul Lazzaro, is the sweetest thing on Earth?
(d) Vanilla Ice Cream
8. Why does Bertram Rumfoord not want to hear Billy talk about Dresden?
(a) He does not need any more research about the event.
(b) He is worried that Lily is secretly attracted to Billy.
(c) He does not want to have to deal with facts about the bombing.
(d) He does not believe that Billy was really there.
9. Where does Billy work while he is in Dresden?
(a) In a library
(b) In a railroad station
(c) In a kitchen
(d) In a factory
10. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
(a) He asks about his friends in the POW camp.
(b) He tells the nurses that he has been kidnapped by aliens.
(c) He asks for a telephone and calls his wife.
(d) He has brain surgery and dreams for two solid days.
11. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
(a) Eliot Rosewater
(b) Kurt Vonnegut
(c) Paul Lazzaro
(d) Billy Pilgrim
12. Which of these was not the subject of a book by Kilgore Trout?
(a) A tree that grows money
(b) A cattle drive in space
(c) A time warp
(d) A robot with bad breath
13. How does Billy leave the hospital?
(a) He goes to stay with Bertram and Lily at their home.
(b) He sneaks out while the nurse is not watching.
(c) He time travels away to Tralfamadore.
(d) He leaves with Barbara and Robert.
14. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
(a) He kills a guard who tries to steal from him.
(b) He falls asleep while he is supposed to work.
(c) He eats syrup meant for pregnant women.
(d) He steals jewels and puts them in his pocket.
15. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) A factory owner
(b) An abbess in a nunnery
(c) A blind innkeeper
(d) The Red Cross
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Earthling do the Tralfamadorans find the most interesting?
2. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
3. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
4. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
5. Who, according to the author, died two days before he wrote this chapter?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)