|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the source of the "animal magnetism" that Billy feels in the hospital?
(a) His coat
(b) An alien
(c) A vampire
(d) The nurse
2. What does Billy find in the theater to wear?
(a) Silver boots
(b) A new overcoat
(c) Cinderella's gown
(d) Somebody's fur hat
3. Who is Bertram Rumfoord?
(a) Billy Pilgrim's father-in-law
(b) Another survivor of the Dresden bombing
(c) A professor and official Air Force Historian
(d) Another optometrist in the airplane crash
4. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
(a) To figure out how to built a new latrine
(b) To see another performance of Cinderella
(c) To plan how to survive for the next month
(d) To help elect a leader for their group
5. What did Billy know when he boarded the airplane to Montreal?
(a) That his business was going bankrupt
(b) That his wife was planning to leave him
(c) That the plane was going to crash
(d) That he would never return home
6. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
(a) an Air Force officer
(b) a former go-go dancer
(c) related to Billy Pilgrim
(d) one of his former students
7. What does the Head Englishman give the American soldiers in the theater?
(a) A map of the prison camp
(b) A lecture on hygiene
(c) A radio tuned to an English station
(d) Boxes of pears and apples
8. How does Billy find out that the war is over?
(a) He hears the news on the radio.
(b) The American soldiers announce the news.
(c) A girl comes up and kisses him.
(d) The door to the inn is open.
9. Who used to live in the room where Billy stays?
(a) Alexander Woolcott
(b) Truman Capote
(c) Dorothy Parker
(d) George Jean Nathan
10. Where does Billy time travel to while he is on the airplane?
(a) Back to the moment when he proposed to his wife, Valencia
(b) Forward to the moment when he first meets Montana Wildhack
(c) Forward to the time when his daughter finds him in a cold house
(d) Back to the time he spent with Roland Weary before being captured
11. Who is Billy's digging partner?
(a) An English officer from the camp
(b) Kurt Vonnegut
(c) A Maori prisoner named Tobruk
(d) A Russian prisoner named Dmitri
12. Who was not permitted to enter Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Russian soldiers
(b) German citizens
(c) German soldiers
(d) American prisoners of war
13. What does Vonnegut imagine doing as he flies over the East German cities?
(a) Talking to the people below
(b) Taking a space ship to another planet
(c) Having a few beers later on
(d) Dropping bombs on them
14. What did the corpses start to smell like?
(a) Mustard gas and roses
(b) Axle grease
(c) Vinegar and bleach
(d) Melted wax
15. How does Billy start telling people about Tralfamadore?
(a) He writes a book that becomes a bestseller.
(b) By going on a television show and speaking to the host.
(c) On a radio show that broadcasts near his hotel.
(d) He writes a letter to the New York Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
2. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
3. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
4. How does Billy leave the hospital?
5. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)