|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Paul Lazzaro's one friend in the war?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) Roland Weary
(d) Billy Pilgrim
2. Whom else board the plane
(a) Aliens from Trafalmadore
(b) Some other opthometrists
(c) Government Bureacrats
(d) Soldiers like Billy
3. What is the one thing that causes Billy to cry during the war?
(a) He finds the body of a child who died from breathing smoke.
(b) He sees a beautiful woman having a picnic in the ruins.
(c) He loses a clock that he found in one of the houses.
(d) He sees that the horses pulling his wagon are in pain.
4. What does Billy find in the theater to wear?
(a) Cinderella's gown
(b) Somebody's fur hat
(c) Silver boots
(d) A new overcoat
5. What did Vonnegut think Dresden looked like?
(c) New York
6. How does Billy start telling people about Tralfamadore?
(a) He writes a book that becomes a bestseller.
(b) By going on a television show and speaking to the host.
(c) He writes a letter to the New York Times.
(d) On a radio show that broadcasts near his hotel.
7. Professor Rumfoord is said to resemble. . .
(a) Theodore Roosevelt
(b) Howard J. Campbell
(c) a gorilla
(d) Sean Connery
8. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
(a) declared the last super power.
(b) turned into a huge shopping mall.
(c) divided into 20 smaller countries.
(d) conquered by the Chinese.
9. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) Werner Gluck
10. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
(a) They are distant cousins.
(b) They are exactly the same age.
(c) They both studied Optometry.
(d) They went to the same school.
11. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) The Red Cross
(b) A factory owner
(c) A blind innkeeper
(d) An abbess in a nunnery
12. How does Billy help Edgar?
(a) He reads to him at night.
(b) He gives him a syrup lollipop.
(c) He offers to do Edgar's work.
(d) He hides things for him.
13. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
(a) The Eyemen
(b) Sixteen Eyes, No Waiting
(c) The Four-Eyed Bastards
(d) The Four Febs
14. How do the Tralfamadorans view every creature and plant in the universe?
(a) As doomed souls
(b) As machines
(c) As sacred beings
(d) As unique individuals
15. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
(a) In a stable
(b) In rented rooms
(c) Between large machines
(d) In a church
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy work while he is in Dresden?
2. What time of year is it when the war ends?
3. What happens while Billy is still unconscious in the hospital?
4. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
5. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)