|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy find in the theater to wear?
(a) A new overcoat
(b) Silver boots
(c) Cinderella's gown
(d) Somebody's fur hat
2. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
(a) A book that describes the Tralfamadorans
(b) A recording of songs by the Four-Eyed Bastards
(c) A magazine with Montana Wildhack on the cover
(d) A picture of himself taken by the German soldiers
3. Who becomes the Head American?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Edgar Derby
(c) Paul Lazzaro
(d) A British Officer
4. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
(a) They are young and will forget war sooner.
(b) They are moving out from the camp to Dresden.
(c) The German guards like the Americans better.
(d) They are going to be exchanged soon and go home.
5. How does Billy find out that the war is over?
(a) The American soldiers announce the news.
(b) He hears the news on the radio.
(c) The door to the inn is open.
(d) A girl comes up and kisses him.
6. What did the Polish song remind Billy about?
(a) The accent of the Polish prisoners of war
(b) A vacation he took once to Poland
(c) How much he misses being with his wife
(d) Seeing a Polish farm laborer hung in Dresden
7. Where does Billy time travel to while he is on the airplane?
(a) Forward to the time when his daughter finds him in a cold house
(b) Forward to the moment when he first meets Montana Wildhack
(c) Back to the moment when he proposed to his wife, Valencia
(d) Back to the time he spent with Roland Weary before being captured
8. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
(a) He steals jewels and puts them in his pocket.
(b) He kills a guard who tries to steal from him.
(c) He falls asleep while he is supposed to work.
(d) He eats syrup meant for pregnant women.
9. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
10. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
(a) Six billion people
(b) Seven billion people
(c) Eleven billion people
(d) Five billion people
11. What does the Head Englishman give the American soldiers in the theater?
(a) Boxes of pears and apples
(b) A radio tuned to an English station
(c) A map of the prison camp
(d) A lecture on hygiene
12. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
(a) He asks for a telephone and calls his wife.
(b) He tells the nurses that he has been kidnapped by aliens.
(c) He asks about his friends in the POW camp.
(d) He has brain surgery and dreams for two solid days.
13. Where does Billy work while he is in Dresden?
(a) In a factory
(b) In a railroad station
(c) In a library
(d) In a kitchen
14. Who guards Billy and Edgar Derby as they work in the slaughterhouse?
(a) Paul Lazzaro
(b) An old man with one leg
(c) A sixteen-year-old boy
(d) Two blonde German soldiers
15. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
(a) Between large machines
(b) In a church
(c) In rented rooms
(d) In a stable
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the source of the "animal magnetism" that Billy feels in the hospital?
2. Professor Rumfoord is said to resemble. . .
3. How does Billy help Edgar?
4. Who was not permitted to enter Dresden after the bombing?
5. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)