|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Head Englishman give the American soldiers in the theater?
(a) A map of the prison camp
(b) Boxes of pears and apples
(c) A lecture on hygiene
(d) A radio tuned to an English station
2. How does Billy help Edgar?
(a) He gives him a syrup lollipop.
(b) He offers to do Edgar's work.
(c) He reads to him at night.
(d) He hides things for him.
3. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
(a) A recording of songs by the Four-Eyed Bastards
(b) A book that describes the Tralfamadorans
(c) A picture of himself taken by the German soldiers
(d) A magazine with Montana Wildhack on the cover
4. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
(a) He falls asleep while he is supposed to work.
(b) He eats syrup meant for pregnant women.
(c) He kills a guard who tries to steal from him.
(d) He steals jewels and puts them in his pocket.
5. Why does Billy return to Dresden after the war ends?
(a) To take a picture of his old home
(b) To find the body of Edgar Derby
(c) To look for survivors
(d) To look for souvenirs
6. What time of year is it when the war ends?
(c) Late Fall
7. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
(a) Billy found it in Dresden
(b) Her father gave it to Billy
(c) It was an heirloom in Billy's family
(d) The coat Billy wore in the POW camp
8. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
(a) Eleven billion people
(b) Seven billion people
(c) Five billion people
(d) Six billion people
9. What did the corpses start to smell like?
(a) Mustard gas and roses
(b) Axle grease
(c) Vinegar and bleach
(d) Melted wax
10. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
(a) Eliot Rosewater
(b) Howard J. Campbell
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Kilgore Trout
11. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
12. When does Billy believe that he will die?
(a) September 17th, 1979
(b) October 12th, 1980
(c) January 25th, 1982
(d) February 13th, 1976
13. Which of these was not the subject of a book by Kilgore Trout?
(a) A time warp
(b) A tree that grows money
(c) A cattle drive in space
(d) A robot with bad breath
14. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
(a) The hobo's body in the weeds
(b) Several people from the nearby town
(c) More prisoners coming into camp
(d) The American army advancing
15. Who died a month earlier than that?
(a) Martin Luther King, Jr.
(b) Montana Wildhack
(c) Fifty-eight soldiers in Vietnam
(d) Robert Kennedy
Short Answer Questions
1. In New York, Billy stays at which hotel?
2. Who is the first person Billy sees when he wakes up after surgery?
3. What did Vonnegut think Dresden looked like?
4. What happens in The Big Board, the novel written by Kilgore Trout?
5. Who was in the camp hospital with Billy when he woke up?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)