|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Billy is still unconscious in the hospital?
(a) His daughter gets married.
(b) Reagan is elected president.
(c) His wife dies.
(d) His son joins the army.
2. What is the English translation of "Schlachthof-Funf?"
3. What does Billy find outside the inn?
(a) A coffin-shaped wagon and two horses
(b) Paul Lazzaro with a knife in his hand
(c) One of the German refugees
(d) The bodies of two German soldiers
4. Where does Billy work while he is in Dresden?
(a) In a railroad station
(b) In a factory
(c) In a kitchen
(d) In a library
5. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) A Russian Prisoner of war
(c) A German soldier
(d) The Blue Fairy Godmother
6. What response does Campbell get from most of the prisoners?
(b) No response
7. Which sport are Kilgore Trout's aliens most interested in?
(b) Horse racing
8. What injury does Billy suffer from the airplane crash?
(a) He has broken his leg.
(b) He has only cuts and scratches.
(c) He has broken four ribs.
(d) He has a fractured skull.
9. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
(a) They went to the same school.
(b) They are distant cousins.
(c) They are exactly the same age.
(d) They both studied Optometry.
10. How does Billy find out that the war is over?
(a) He hears the news on the radio.
(b) The door to the inn is open.
(c) A girl comes up and kisses him.
(d) The American soldiers announce the news.
11. According to Bernard O'Hare's notebook, by 2000, the human population of the world will be. . .
(a) Eleven billion people
(b) Five billion people
(c) Seven billion people
(d) Six billion people
12. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
(a) Two dozen
(b) Three hundred
(d) At least seventy-five
13. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) A factory owner
(b) A blind innkeeper
(c) An abbess in a nunnery
(d) The Red Cross
14. What do they find in the ruins of a building?
(a) An American prisoner who had been missing
(b) The body of a priest clutching a rosary
(c) Dozens of unmarked corpses
(d) One small child who survived the fires
15. Who is the first person Billy sees when he wakes up after surgery?
(a) Lily Rumfoord
(b) Professor Rumfoord
(c) His son, Robert
(d) His daughter, Barbara
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy leave the hospital?
2. Who died a month earlier than that?
3. What happens in The Big Board, the novel written by Kilgore Trout?
4. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
5. Who guards Billy and Edgar Derby as they work in the slaughterhouse?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)