|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) Billy Pilgrim
(d) Werner Gluck
2. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
(a) Several people from the nearby town
(b) More prisoners coming into camp
(c) The hobo's body in the weeds
(d) The American army advancing
3. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
(a) At least seventy-five
(b) Three hundred
(c) Two dozen
4. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
(a) The Four-Eyed Bastards
(b) Sixteen Eyes, No Waiting
(c) The Eyemen
(d) The Four Febs
5. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
(a) Paul Lazzaro
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Eliot Rosewater
(d) Kurt Vonnegut
6. What is Paul Lazzaro most proud of?
(a) He never stole anything in his life.
(b) He never told a lie to another.
(c) He never hurt an innocent bystander.
(d) He was able to fight as a boxer.
7. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
(a) He had heard about Billy from friends.
(b) He learned that he needed glasses.
(c) He had never met a fan before.
(d) He had never met an optometrist before.
8. What do the American pilots do when they see the prisoners of war walking through Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Stop to rescue them
(b) Drop packages of food
(c) Drop leaflets about freedom
(d) Fire bullets at them
9. Which sport are Kilgore Trout's aliens most interested in?
(b) Horse racing
10. What did the corpses start to smell like?
(a) Mustard gas and roses
(b) Axle grease
(c) Vinegar and bleach
(d) Melted wax
11. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
(a) He cleans and fills jars with syrup.
(b) He counts passengers.
(c) He prepares meals.
(d) He censors letters.
12. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
(a) To salvage weapons from the buildings
(b) To dig for bodies in the rubble
(c) There is no other place to put them
(d) To look for survivors of the fires
13. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
(a) To plan how to survive for the next month
(b) To figure out how to built a new latrine
(c) To see another performance of Cinderella
(d) To help elect a leader for their group
14. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
(a) The Blue Fairy Godmother
(b) A Russian Prisoner of war
(c) Billy Pilgrim
(d) A German soldier
15. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
(a) A magazine with Montana Wildhack on the cover
(b) A picture of himself taken by the German soldiers
(c) A recording of songs by the Four-Eyed Bastards
(d) A book that describes the Tralfamadorans
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy help Edgar?
2. When does Billy believe that he will die?
3. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
4. What happens in The Big Board, the novel written by Kilgore Trout?
5. How does Billy leave the hospital?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)