|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
(a) He had never met an optometrist before.
(b) He learned that he needed glasses.
(c) He had heard about Billy from friends.
(d) He had never met a fan before.
2. Who becomes the Head American?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Edgar Derby
(c) Paul Lazzaro
(d) A British Officer
3. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
(a) The owner of the factory Billy works in
(b) An American who joined the Nazi Party
(c) One of the American generals
(d) One of the prisoners of war
4. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
(a) He censors letters.
(b) He cleans and fills jars with syrup.
(c) He prepares meals.
(d) He counts passengers.
5. What does Billy find outside the inn?
(a) One of the German refugees
(b) A coffin-shaped wagon and two horses
(c) The bodies of two German soldiers
(d) Paul Lazzaro with a knife in his hand
6. How does Billy find out that the war is over?
(a) He hears the news on the radio.
(b) The door to the inn is open.
(c) A girl comes up and kisses him.
(d) The American soldiers announce the news.
7. Who is Billy's digging partner?
(a) A Maori prisoner named Tobruk
(b) Kurt Vonnegut
(c) An English officer from the camp
(d) A Russian prisoner named Dmitri
8. What is the English translation of "Schlachthof-Funf?"
9. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
(a) Her father gave it to Billy
(b) The coat Billy wore in the POW camp
(c) Billy found it in Dresden
(d) It was an heirloom in Billy's family
10. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He escaped after two days.
(b) He was beaten to death by a guard.
(c) He died from throwing up.
(d) He was shot for stealing.
11. Why did the English prisoners give their latrine to the Americans?
(a) They were disgusted by the Americans' messiness.
(b) They wanted the Americans to feel at home.
(c) They wanted to be as friendly as possible.
(d) They did not need the latrine because they had another one.
12. Where is Dresden located when Vonnegut goes to visit it?
(a) East Germany
(d) West Germany
13. What is Paul Lazzaro most proud of?
(a) He was able to fight as a boxer.
(b) He never told a lie to another.
(c) He never stole anything in his life.
(d) He never hurt an innocent bystander.
14. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) An abbess in a nunnery
(b) The Red Cross
(c) A blind innkeeper
(d) A factory owner
15. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
(a) To look for survivors of the fires
(b) To dig for bodies in the rubble
(c) There is no other place to put them
(d) To salvage weapons from the buildings
Short Answer Questions
1. In New York, Billy stays at which hotel?
2. What crime does Billy commit while he is working?
3. Which Earthling do the Tralfamadorans find the most interesting?
4. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
5. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)