|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What response does Campbell get from most of the prisoners?
(b) No response
2. Who, according to Campbell, would the Americans be fighting if they joined him?
(a) Russian Communists
(b) American Communists
(c) Nazi Socialists
(d) Jewish people
3. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
(a) Several people from the nearby town
(b) The American army advancing
(c) The hobo's body in the weeds
(d) More prisoners coming into camp
4. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
(a) Eliot Rosewater
(b) Kurt Vonnegut
(c) Paul Lazzaro
(d) Billy Pilgrim
5. What does Vonnegut compare Dresden to after it has been bombed?
(a) The surface of the Moon
(b) A huge parking lot
(c) The crater of a volcano
(d) A forest fire
6. Who was Paul Lazzaro's one friend in the war?
(a) Bernard O'Hare
(b) Roland Weary
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Billy Pilgrim
7. What, according to Paul Lazzaro, is the sweetest thing on Earth?
(c) Vanilla Ice Cream
8. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) The Red Cross
(b) A factory owner
(c) A blind innkeeper
(d) An abbess in a nunnery
9. What time of year is it when the war ends?
(a) Late Fall
10. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He died from throwing up.
(b) He escaped after two days.
(c) He was shot for stealing.
(d) He was beaten to death by a guard.
11. Which of these was not the subject of a book by Kilgore Trout?
(a) A time warp
(b) A tree that grows money
(c) A cattle drive in space
(d) A robot with bad breath
12. Who guards Billy and Edgar Derby as they work in the slaughterhouse?
(a) An old man with one leg
(b) A sixteen-year-old boy
(c) Two blonde German soldiers
(d) Paul Lazzaro
13. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
(a) Sixteen Eyes, No Waiting
(b) The Eyemen
(c) The Four-Eyed Bastards
(d) The Four Febs
14. Why did the Englishman say that Dresden would never be bombed?
(a) Because the prisoners of war were there
(b) Because it was a neutral city
(c) Because it had no war industries
(d) Because it was too far from the border
15. How does Billy leave the hospital?
(a) He sneaks out while the nurse is not watching.
(b) He goes to stay with Bertram and Lily at their home.
(c) He leaves with Barbara and Robert.
(d) He time travels away to Tralfamadore.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to being Rumfoord's fifth wife, Lily is also. . .
2. What did the corpses start to smell like?
3. Why does Bertram Rumfoord not want to hear Billy talk about Dresden?
4. How does Billy start telling people about Tralfamadore?
5. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)