|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens while Billy is still unconscious in the hospital?
(a) His wife dies.
(b) His daughter gets married.
(c) Reagan is elected president.
(d) His son joins the army.
2. Why does the Head Englishman envy the Americans?
(a) They are moving out from the camp to Dresden.
(b) The German guards like the Americans better.
(c) They are young and will forget war sooner.
(d) They are going to be exchanged soon and go home.
3. What is the one thing that causes Billy to cry during the war?
(a) He finds the body of a child who died from breathing smoke.
(b) He sees a beautiful woman having a picnic in the ruins.
(c) He loses a clock that he found in one of the houses.
(d) He sees that the horses pulling his wagon are in pain.
4. What do they find in the ruins of a building?
(a) The body of a priest clutching a rosary
(b) Dozens of unmarked corpses
(c) An American prisoner who had been missing
(d) One small child who survived the fires
5. Why did the Englishman say that Dresden would never be bombed?
(a) Because it was a neutral city
(b) Because it was too far from the border
(c) Because it had no war industries
(d) Because the prisoners of war were there
6. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
(a) To salvage weapons from the buildings
(b) To dig for bodies in the rubble
(c) There is no other place to put them
(d) To look for survivors of the fires
7. What did the corpses start to smell like?
(a) Vinegar and bleach
(b) Melted wax
(c) Axle grease
(d) Mustard gas and roses
8. What do Billy, Werner, and Edgar find instead of a kitchen?
(a) A large shower with naked girls in it
(b) A room that holds luggage from refugees
(c) A library stuffed with old books
(d) A pen filled with the bodies of animals
9. When does Billy believe that he will die?
(a) October 12th, 1980
(b) February 13th, 1976
(c) January 25th, 1982
(d) September 17th, 1979
10. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
(a) In a stable
(b) In rented rooms
(c) Between large machines
(d) In a church
11. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Kurt Vonnegut
(c) Paul Lazzaro
(d) Eliot Rosewater
12. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
(a) To figure out how to built a new latrine
(b) To help elect a leader for their group
(c) To plan how to survive for the next month
(d) To see another performance of Cinderella
13. Where is Dresden located when Vonnegut goes to visit it?
(b) West Germany
(d) East Germany
14. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
(a) The pallbearers at the funeral for is father
(b) The barbershop quartet who died in the airplane crash
(c) The four guards who survived the bombing in Dresden
(d) The ushers at his wedding eighteen years earlier
15. What did Vonnegut think Dresden looked like?
(b) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Billy know when he boarded the airplane to Montreal?
2. Which sport are Kilgore Trout's aliens most interested in?
3. How do the Tralfamadorans view every creature and plant in the universe?
4. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
5. What does Billy do when Rumfoord tells him that Dresden did need to be bombed?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)