Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
(a) The barbershop quartet who died in the airplane crash
(b) The four guards who survived the bombing in Dresden
(c) The ushers at his wedding eighteen years earlier
(d) The pallbearers at the funeral for is father
2. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
(a) Kurt Vonnegut
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Eliot Rosewater
(d) Paul Lazzaro
3. What does Billy find outside the inn?
(a) The bodies of two German soldiers
(b) Paul Lazzaro with a knife in his hand
(c) One of the German refugees
(d) A coffin-shaped wagon and two horses
4. What does the author call the places where bodies were found in Dresden?
(a) Ground zero
(b) Corpse caches
(c) Corpse mines
(d) Body holes
5. Why did the English prisoners give their latrine to the Americans?
(a) They wanted to be as friendly as possible.
(b) They did not need the latrine because they had another one.
(c) They wanted the Americans to feel at home.
(d) They were disgusted by the Americans' messiness.
6. What did Billy know when he boarded the airplane to Montreal?
(a) That his business was going bankrupt
(b) That he would never return home
(c) That the plane was going to crash
(d) That his wife was planning to leave him
7. Why does Bertram Rumfoord not want to hear Billy talk about Dresden?
(a) He is worried that Lily is secretly attracted to Billy.
(b) He does not believe that Billy was really there.
(c) He does not want to have to deal with facts about the bombing.
(d) He does not need any more research about the event.
8. Who is the first person Billy sees when he wakes up after surgery?
(a) Lily Rumfoord
(b) Professor Rumfoord
(c) His son, Robert
(d) His daughter, Barbara
9. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Edgar Derby
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) Werner Gluck
10. How does Billy help Edgar?
(a) He offers to do Edgar's work.
(b) He gives him a syrup lollipop.
(c) He reads to him at night.
(d) He hides things for him.
11. Why did the Germans who survived the bombing flee from Dresden?
(a) There was no supply of water in the city.
(b) They were afraid the Allies would bomb it again.
(c) They were afraid of the invading Russians.
(d) There was no food left in the city to eat.
12. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
(a) He asks about his friends in the POW camp.
(b) He has brain surgery and dreams for two solid days.
(c) He tells the nurses that he has been kidnapped by aliens.
(d) He asks for a telephone and calls his wife.
13. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
(a) One of the prisoners of war
(b) The owner of the factory Billy works in
(c) An American who joined the Nazi Party
(d) One of the American generals
14. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
(a) Sixteen Eyes, No Waiting
(b) The Four-Eyed Bastards
(c) The Four Febs
(d) The Eyemen
15. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
(a) Kilgore Trout
(b) Howard J. Campbell
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) Eliot Rosewater
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
2. What time of year is it when the war ends?
3. How long does Billy stay in Dresden before it is bombed?
4. What does Billy find in the theater to wear?
5. Where did the diamond in Valencia's engagement ring come from?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)