|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Paul Lazzaro's one friend in the war?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) Billy Pilgrim
(d) Roland Weary
2. How long does Billy stay in Dresden before it is bombed?
(a) Six months
(b) Thirty days
(c) Two months
(d) Three weeks
3. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
(a) The Four Febs
(b) The Eyemen
(c) Sixteen Eyes, No Waiting
(d) The Four-Eyed Bastards
4. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) An abbess in a nunnery
(b) The Red Cross
(c) A blind innkeeper
(d) A factory owner
5. Why are the prisoners of war taken back to Dresden after the bombing?
(a) To look for survivors of the fires
(b) There is no other place to put them
(c) To dig for bodies in the rubble
(d) To salvage weapons from the buildings
6. What does the Head Englishman give the American soldiers in the theater?
(a) A map of the prison camp
(b) A lecture on hygiene
(c) Boxes of pears and apples
(d) A radio tuned to an English station
7. What does Billy find outside the inn?
(a) One of the German refugees
(b) A coffin-shaped wagon and two horses
(c) The bodies of two German soldiers
(d) Paul Lazzaro with a knife in his hand
8. Whom else board the plane
(a) Aliens from Trafalmadore
(b) Some other opthometrists
(c) Soldiers like Billy
(d) Government Bureacrats
9. What work does Billy do as a prisoner of war?
(a) He cleans and fills jars with syrup.
(b) He counts passengers.
(c) He prepares meals.
(d) He censors letters.
10. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He was shot for stealing.
(b) He was beaten to death by a guard.
(c) He died from throwing up.
(d) He escaped after two days.
11. Where is Dresden located when Vonnegut goes to visit it?
(a) East Germany
(c) West Germany
12. What is the source of the "animal magnetism" that Billy feels in the hospital?
(a) A vampire
(b) His coat
(c) The nurse
(d) An alien
13. How does Billy find out that the war is over?
(a) The American soldiers announce the news.
(b) A girl comes up and kisses him.
(c) He hears the news on the radio.
(d) The door to the inn is open.
14. What time of year is it when the war ends?
(d) Late Fall
15. Who died a month earlier than that?
(a) Fifty-eight soldiers in Vietnam
(b) Montana Wildhack
(c) Robert Kennedy
(d) Martin Luther King, Jr.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the English translation of "Schlachthof-Funf?"
2. What do they find in the ruins of a building?
3. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
4. Why was Trout so surprised to meet Billy?
5. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)