|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Englishman say that Dresden would never be bombed?
(a) Because the prisoners of war were there
(b) Because it was a neutral city
(c) Because it had no war industries
(d) Because it was too far from the border
2. What connection is there between Werner Gluck and Billy Pilgrim?
(a) They went to the same school.
(b) They both studied Optometry.
(c) They are distant cousins.
(d) They are exactly the same age.
3. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
(a) More prisoners coming into camp
(b) The hobo's body in the weeds
(c) The American army advancing
(d) Several people from the nearby town
4. What decision does Billy come to while he is in the hospital after surgery?
(a) To protest the Vietnam War
(b) To tell the world about Tralfamadore
(c) Never to get married again
(d) Never to get into another airplane
5. What happens while Billy is still unconscious in the hospital?
(a) His wife dies.
(b) His daughter gets married.
(c) His son joins the army.
(d) Reagan is elected president.
6. What present does Billy give his wife at their eighteenth wedding anniversary?
(a) A sapphire necklace
(b) Diamond earrings
(c) A tennis bracelet
(d) A cocktail ring
7. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
(a) Eliot Rosewater
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Kurt Vonnegut
(d) Paul Lazzaro
8. What does Vonnegut compare Dresden to after it has been bombed?
(a) The crater of a volcano
(b) The surface of the Moon
(c) A forest fire
(d) A huge parking lot
9. Who offers the American prisoners shelter after the bombing?
(a) The Red Cross
(b) A blind innkeeper
(c) An abbess in a nunnery
(d) A factory owner
10. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
(a) At least seventy-five
(c) Two dozen
(d) Three hundred
11. What do Billy, Werner, and Edgar find instead of a kitchen?
(a) A large shower with naked girls in it
(b) A library stuffed with old books
(c) A room that holds luggage from refugees
(d) A pen filled with the bodies of animals
12. What injury does Billy suffer from the airplane crash?
(a) He has broken his leg.
(b) He has only cuts and scratches.
(c) He has a fractured skull.
(d) He has broken four ribs.
13. What happened to Billy's partner?
(a) He was shot for stealing.
(b) He died from throwing up.
(c) He was beaten to death by a guard.
(d) He escaped after two days.
14. Which sport are Kilgore Trout's aliens most interested in?
(b) Horse racing
15. Which of these was not the subject of a book by Kilgore Trout?
(a) A cattle drive in space
(b) A tree that grows money
(c) A time warp
(d) A robot with bad breath
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in The Big Board, the novel written by Kilgore Trout?
2. Who died a month earlier than that?
3. Who becomes the Head American?
4. Who is Howard J. Campbell?
5. What did the corpses start to smell like?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)