|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of those below, who was not busy in Dresden after the bombing?
(a) Bernard O'Hare
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Werner Gluck
(d) Edgar Derby
2. Why does Billy return to Dresden after the war ends?
(a) To take a picture of his old home
(b) To look for survivors
(c) To look for souvenirs
(d) To find the body of Edgar Derby
3. What does Billy see in the bookstore in Times Square?
(a) A magazine with Montana Wildhack on the cover
(b) A book that describes the Tralfamadorans
(c) A picture of himself taken by the German soldiers
(d) A recording of songs by the Four-Eyed Bastards
4. What do Billy, Werner, and Edgar find instead of a kitchen?
(a) A library stuffed with old books
(b) A room that holds luggage from refugees
(c) A pen filled with the bodies of animals
(d) A large shower with naked girls in it
5. What happens while Billy is still unconscious in the hospital?
(a) Reagan is elected president.
(b) His wife dies.
(c) His daughter gets married.
(d) His son joins the army.
6. What is the English translation of "Schlachthof-Funf?"
7. What did Billy know when he boarded the airplane to Montreal?
(a) That he would never return home
(b) That his wife was planning to leave him
(c) That the plane was going to crash
(d) That his business was going bankrupt
8. Who becomes the Head American?
(a) Paul Lazzaro
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) A British Officer
9. What does Billy find outside the inn?
(a) One of the German refugees
(b) The bodies of two German soldiers
(c) Paul Lazzaro with a knife in his hand
(d) A coffin-shaped wagon and two horses
10. What did the Polish song remind Billy about?
(a) A vacation he took once to Poland
(b) Seeing a Polish farm laborer hung in Dresden
(c) The accent of the Polish prisoners of war
(d) How much he misses being with his wife
11. How does Billy leave the hospital?
(a) He leaves with Barbara and Robert.
(b) He sneaks out while the nurse is not watching.
(c) He time travels away to Tralfamadore.
(d) He goes to stay with Bertram and Lily at their home.
12. Where do the American prisoners sleep that night?
(a) In a stable
(b) Between large machines
(c) In rented rooms
(d) In a church
13. How does Billy help Edgar?
(a) He hides things for him.
(b) He gives him a syrup lollipop.
(c) He reads to him at night.
(d) He offers to do Edgar's work.
14. Who finds Billy after the airplane crash?
(a) A boyscout troop hiking in the woods
(b) A ranger from a nearby station
(c) Two Austrian ski instructors
(d) The barbershop quartet
15. What present does Billy give his wife at their eighteenth wedding anniversary?
(a) A tennis bracelet
(b) A cocktail ring
(c) A sapphire necklace
(d) Diamond earrings
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author call the places where bodies were found in Dresden?
2. In New York, Billy stays at which hotel?
3. Who is the first person Billy sees when he wakes up after surgery?
4. Why did the English prisoners give their latrine to the Americans?
5. Who broke Paul Lazzaro's arm?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)