|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
(a) To the town jail where they were able to wash up
(b) To a stone cottage filled with other prisoners
(c) To the mayor's house in the nearest village
(d) To a local brewery where they were fed sausages
2. What author does Eliot Rosewater tell Billy about?
(a) Kilgore Trout
(b) L. Ron Hubbard
(c) Kurt Vonnegut
(d) Philip K. Dick
3. Which person dies on the railroad trip in Germany?
(a) Edgar Derby
(b) The hobo
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) Paul Lazzaro
4. What did Vonnegut study in college?
(c) Political science
(d) Creative Writing
5. Why are the American prisoners given showers?
(a) To help kill the lice and germs on their bodies
(b) In order to humiliate the American Army
(c) Because the Germans cannot stand their smell
(d) To warm them up after the cold railroad ride
6. What, according to the Tralfamadoran, is a concept that only appears on Earth?
(c) Free will
7. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
(a) She thinks he is too proud to ask for money.
(b) She thinks he is getting senile.
(c) She thinks he got pneumonia.
(d) She thinks he is distracted by grief.
8. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) His mother and his sister
(b) His best friends back in the United States
(c) His car and his rifle
(d) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
9. What does the hobo in Billy's railroad boxcar tell him?
(a) The secrets of Trafalmadore.
(b) That he has been in worse situations than this.
(c) That he's been hungry for weeks.
(d) That he knows him from somewhere.
10. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) The Tralfamadorans
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) A patrol of German soldiers
(d) American Army Scouts
11. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
(a) As a gift that should be treasured like gold.
(b) It's a nuisance; time goes too slowly.
(c) As permanent fixtures, like the Rocky Mountains.
(d) Like a river that flows in one direction only.
12. Where does Billy time travel to while in the showers?
(a) He recalls nearly drowning in the swimming pool.
(b) He goes back to the night when he was kidnapped.
(c) He becomes an infant being washed by his mother.
(d) He returns to the Lion's Club dinner in 1957.
13. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
(a) On Tralfamadore
(b) In the backseat of his car
(c) In a prisoner of war camp
(d) On the front lawn of the house
14. What does the Tralfamadoran compare a moment in time to?
(a) A sheet of ice
(b) The reflection in a mirror
(c) A flickering flame
(d) A bug trapped in amber
15. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
(a) Wild Bob
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) The Germans
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
2. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
3. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
4. Why do the Germans laugh at Billy's coat?
5. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)