|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do stars look like to Tralfamadorans?
(a) Hexagonal specks of light
(b) Pulsating circles of light
(c) Glowing bouncing balls
(d) Strings of luminous spaghetti
2. What does the hobo in Billy's railroad boxcar tell him?
(a) That he knows him from somewhere.
(b) The secrets of Trafalmadore.
(c) That he has been in worse situations than this.
(d) That he's been hungry for weeks.
3. What does Billy dream about in the hospital?
(a) Marching next to Roland Weary
(b) Flying over the battlefield
(c) That he is a giraffe
(d) Swimming in the Hudson River
4. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
(a) The Germans
(b) Wild Bob
(d) Billy Pilgrim
5. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
(a) He calls up old girlfriends.
(b) He passes out on the living room rug.
(c) He yells at his best friend.
(d) He cheats on his wife.
6. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
(a) His ancient rifle
(b) His pocket watch
(c) His sheepskin jacket
(d) His golden boots
7. What is Billy's position in the war?
(a) Chaplain's assistant
(b) Second lieutenant
(c) Corporal in Support Services
(d) Private in the Infantry
8. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
(b) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
(c) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
(d) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
9. What did the German soldiers find on Billy when they searched him?
(a) The letter from his mother
(b) A picture of his girlfriend
(c) A two-inch pencil stub
(d) His rifle and bayonet
10. What does Billy see in the Carlsbad Caverns when the lights are switched off?
(a) His father's pocket watch glowing in the dark
(b) Nothing; he is left in total darkness
(c) About a million bats falling out of an opening
(d) The silhouette of the Ranger's hat
11. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
(a) He leaves his wife for a movie star named Montana Wildhack.
(b) He tells a radio audience that he was kidnapped by aliens.
(c) He writes a book about his war experiences.
(d) He goes back to Dresden to see what it looks like now.
12. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
(a) So It Goes
(b) The Destruction of Dresden
(c) The Children's Crusade
13. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
(a) Stanford University
(b) Cornell University
(c) The University of Dresden
(d) The University of Chicago
14. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
(a) In an empty school
(b) In a deserted zoo
(c) In a slaughterhouse
(d) In a baby food factory
15. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
(a) The Three Musketeers
(b) The Last Warriors
(c) The Band of Brothers
(d) The Lost Souls
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
2. How many days does Billy travel in the railroad cars before arriving at the camp?
3. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
4. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
5. What author does Eliot Rosewater tell Billy about?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)