|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
(a) Wild Bob
(b) The Germans
(c) Billy Pilgrim
2. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
(a) One day
(b) Ten hours
(c) Two days
(d) Five days
3. What play do the British officers perform for the Americans?
(b) Sleeping Beauty
(c) The Trojan War
4. Vonnegut notes that more people were killed in Dresden than. . .
(a) have died from cancer in the last two years.
(b) than died in the Concentration Camps.
(c) during the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima.
(d) have ever died in automobile accidents.
5. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) Bernard O'Hare
(b) A patrol of German soldiers
(c) American Army Scouts
(d) The Tralfamadorans
6. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
(a) That they are a necessary part of human history.
(b) That they are excusable if done for a good reason.
(c) To run away from them if at all possible.
(d) Not to be involved in them, or take glee from them.
7. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An anti-war book
(b) An epic
(c) An anti-glacier book
(d) A memoir
8. Where is Billy when he wakes up from his dream?
(a) Waiting for his wife to wake up and get dressed
(b) Back in the Carlsbad Caverns, in the dark
(c) Sitting on his couch, watching a war movie
(d) In a mental ward, three years after the war
9. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
(a) A man comes selling magazine subscriptions.
(b) His daughter calls on the telephone.
(c) The Tralfamadorans show up.
(d) The neighbor's dog starts barking.
10. What did Vonnegut study in college?
(a) Political science
(b) Creative Writing
11. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
(a) She suddenly fell down dead.
(b) She started to sing and dance.
(c) She began to weep uncontrollably.
(d) She turned into a pillar of salt.
12. What is the first thing both the Germans and the Tralfamadorans have Billy do?
(a) Write a letter to his family
(b) Sit in a corner by himself
(c) Promise not to run away
(d) Take off his clothes
13. Why is Billy taken to the hospital during the play?
(a) He starts laughing and cannot stop.
(b) He starts throwing up.
(c) He faints and they realize he is feverish.
(d) He starts coughing up blood.
14. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
(a) The Band of Brothers
(b) The Three Musketeers
(c) The Last Warriors
(d) The Lost Souls
15. What do the Tralfamadorans do with Billy?
(a) They perform intelligence tests on him.
(b) They ask him about Earth culture.
(c) They put him on display in a zoo.
(d) They use him to test medicines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the Tralfamadoran, is a concept that only appears on Earth?
2. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
3. What happens to Billy in 1968?
4. What do humans look like to the Tralfamadorans?
5. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)