|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Billy when he wakes up from his dream?
(a) Back in the Carlsbad Caverns, in the dark
(b) In a mental ward, three years after the war
(c) Waiting for his wife to wake up and get dressed
(d) Sitting on his couch, watching a war movie
2. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
(a) To the mayor's house in the nearest village
(b) To the town jail where they were able to wash up
(c) To a local brewery where they were fed sausages
(d) To a stone cottage filled with other prisoners
3. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
(b) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
(c) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
(d) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
4. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
(a) The Germans
(b) Wild Bob
(d) Billy Pilgrim
5. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
(a) His pocket watch
(b) His ancient rifle
(c) His sheepskin jacket
(d) His golden boots
6. What happens when Billy tries to sleep in the railroad car?
(a) The railroad car starts moving too fast to sleep.
(b) The other soldiers tell him to go lie down someplace else.
(c) Someone in the darkness starts screaming loudly.
(d) The guards start searching through the railroad car.
7. What is the only book Billy can read on the trip to Tralfamadore?
(a) The Sorrow and the Pity
(b) The Dollhouse Murders
(c) How Green Was My Valley
(d) The Valley of the Dolls
8. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
(a) He has become
(b) He does not like fighting.
(c) He is an optometrist who is blind.
(d) He cannot remember his war experiences.
9. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) stealing food.
(b) attacking a guard.
(c) taking a teapot.
(d) breaking an egg.
10. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
(a) He took lessons from a girl in a blue swimming suit.
(b) His father threw him into the deep end of a swimming pool.
(c) He used to go swimming with other boys in a local creek.
(d) He was on a sail boat that capsized during a storm.
11. What is unusual about the war movie Billy watches?
(a) It is about Billy's own experiences in the war.
(b) The characters in the movie start talking to Billy.
(c) It plays backwards and then forwards again.
(d) It stars Roland Weary as the hero of the story.
12. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
(a) On Tralfamadore
(b) On the front lawn of the house
(c) In a prisoner of war camp
(d) In the backseat of his car
13. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(b) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(c) He ignores her when she asks questions.
(d) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
14. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
(b) He gets a job delivering phone books.
(c) He settles down and gets married.
(d) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
15. What do humans look like to the Tralfamadorans?
(a) Pale worms
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vonnegut study in college?
2. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
3. What interrupts Billy's attempt at napping?
4. What question does the Frenchman ask about the Grand Canyon?
5. What do stars look like to Tralfamadorans?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)