|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
(a) handcuffs on his wrists.
(b) his hair in a ponytail.
(c) clogs instead of boots.
(d) a blanket instead of a coat.
2. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
(a) Water flowing downhill into a large river
(b) The young people in the Children's Crusade
(c) Ants moving their anthill to a new location
(d) Caribou migrating across the Arctic plains
3. What do the Tralfamadorans do with Billy?
(a) They ask him about Earth culture.
(b) They perform intelligence tests on him.
(c) They put him on display in a zoo.
(d) They use him to test medicines.
4. How long had the British soldiers been prisoners of war?
(a) Four years
(b) Two years
(c) Eight months
(d) A year and a half
5. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
(a) An epic
(b) An anti-glacier book
(c) An anti-war book
(d) A memoir
6. What is unusual about Billy Pilgrim?
(a) He does not like fighting.
(b) He has become
(c) He is an optometrist who is blind.
(d) He cannot remember his war experiences.
7. How many days does Billy travel in the railroad cars before arriving at the camp?
(a) Twelve days
(b) Ten days
(c) Six days
(d) Five days
8. What happens when Billy tries to sleep in the railroad car?
(a) The other soldiers tell him to go lie down someplace else.
(b) Someone in the darkness starts screaming loudly.
(c) The railroad car starts moving too fast to sleep.
(d) The guards start searching through the railroad car.
9. Why is Billy taken to the hospital during the play?
(a) He faints and they realize he is feverish.
(b) He starts laughing and cannot stop.
(c) He starts throwing up.
(d) He starts coughing up blood.
10. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) American Army Scouts
(b) A patrol of German soldiers
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) The Tralfamadorans
11. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
(b) The Germans
(c) Billy Pilgrim
(d) Wild Bob
12. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
(a) That's a pity.
(b) No one really dies.
(d) So it goes.
13. Who is "Princess?"
(a) Roland Weary's wife
(b) The woman in Roland's picture
(c) Billy's first girlfriend
(d) A German shepherd dog
14. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He settles down and gets married.
(b) He gets a job delivering phone books.
(c) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
(d) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
15. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
(a) To a stone cottage filled with other prisoners
(b) To a local brewery where they were fed sausages
(c) To the town jail where they were able to wash up
(d) To the mayor's house in the nearest village
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
2. What author does Eliot Rosewater tell Billy about?
3. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
4. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
5. What does one of the German soldiers do to Roland Weary?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)