|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What play do the British officers perform for the Americans?
(a) The Trojan War
(c) Sleeping Beauty
2. What author does Eliot Rosewater tell Billy about?
(a) L. Ron Hubbard
(b) Kilgore Trout
(c) Kurt Vonnegut
(d) Philip K. Dick
3. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
(a) That's a pity.
(b) No one really dies.
(d) So it goes.
4. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) His daughter had never seen a river before.
(b) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(c) They want to go swimming in the water.
(d) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
5. What do humans look like to the Tralfamadorans?
(d) Pale worms
6. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
(a) His sheepskin jacket
(b) His golden boots
(c) His ancient rifle
(d) His pocket watch
7. What happened when Lot's wife looked back on Sodom and Gomorrah?
(a) She started to sing and dance.
(b) She suddenly fell down dead.
(c) She began to weep uncontrollably.
(d) She turned into a pillar of salt.
8. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
(a) So It Goes
(b) The Children's Crusade
(d) The Destruction of Dresden
9. What, according to the Tralfamadoran, is a concept that only appears on Earth?
(c) Free will
10. Where does Billy time travel to while in the showers?
(a) He goes back to the night when he was kidnapped.
(b) He recalls nearly drowning in the swimming pool.
(c) He becomes an infant being washed by his mother.
(d) He returns to the Lion's Club dinner in 1957.
11. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
(a) In a slaughterhouse
(b) In an empty school
(c) In a deserted zoo
(d) In a baby food factory
12. How many days does Billy travel in the railroad cars before arriving at the camp?
(a) Six days
(b) Five days
(c) Ten days
(d) Twelve days
13. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
(a) They are making postcards
(b) For propaganda purposes
(c) For official records
(d) They like the Americans
14. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
(a) On a matchbook cover by candlelight
(b) Typing on a continuous roll of paper
(c) In the back of a flatbed truck
(d) On a roll of wallpaper with a crayon
15. Who does Roland Weary blame for his death?
(b) The Germans
(c) Wild Bob
(d) Billy Pilgrim
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
2. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
3. What does Billy see in the Carlsbad Caverns when the lights are switched off?
4. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
5. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)