|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in the city are the prisoners of war kept during the bombing?
(a) In a slaughterhouse
(b) In a baby food factory
(c) In a deserted zoo
(d) In an empty school
2. What, according to the Tralfamadoran, is a concept that only appears on Earth?
(b) Free will
3. What does the Tralfamadoran compare a moment in time to?
(a) The reflection in a mirror
(b) A flickering flame
(c) A bug trapped in amber
(d) A sheet of ice
4. Where does Billy time travel to while in the showers?
(a) He recalls nearly drowning in the swimming pool.
(b) He goes back to the night when he was kidnapped.
(c) He returns to the Lion's Club dinner in 1957.
(d) He becomes an infant being washed by his mother.
5. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
(a) The Last Warriors
(b) The Band of Brothers
(c) The Three Musketeers
(d) The Lost Souls
6. Why are the American prisoners given showers?
(a) Because the Germans cannot stand their smell
(b) In order to humiliate the American Army
(c) To warm them up after the cold railroad ride
(d) To help kill the lice and germs on their bodies
7. What author does Eliot Rosewater tell Billy about?
(a) Philip K. Dick
(b) Kilgore Trout
(c) L. Ron Hubbard
(d) Kurt Vonnegut
8. What play do the British officers perform for the Americans?
(a) The Trojan War
(d) Sleeping Beauty
9. What do the Tralfamadorans do with Billy?
(a) They perform intelligence tests on him.
(b) They ask him about Earth culture.
(c) They use him to test medicines.
(d) They put him on display in a zoo.
10. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
(a) His golden boots
(b) His pocket watch
(c) His sheepskin jacket
(d) His ancient rifle
11. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
(a) Two days
(b) Ten hours
(c) Five days
(d) One day
12. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) stealing food.
(b) taking a teapot.
(c) attacking a guard.
(d) breaking an egg.
13. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) In the POW camp in 1944
(b) To his high school class in 1940
(c) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
(d) On the radio in 1968
14. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
(a) In the backseat of his car
(b) On the front lawn of the house
(c) On Tralfamadore
(d) In a prisoner of war camp
15. What does Billy compare the guard's railroad car to?
(a) A brothel
(b) A movie set
(d) A palace
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
2. What does Billy do the night before his daughter's wedding?
3. What was Edgar Derby's job before he joined the army?
4. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
5. What do stars look like to Tralfamadorans?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)