|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who dies in the railroad boxcars?
(a) Bernard O'Hare
(b) Kurt Vonnegut
(c) Wild Bob
(d) Roland Weary
2. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
(a) To a stone cottage filled with other prisoners
(b) To the town jail where they were able to wash up
(c) To a local brewery where they were fed sausages
(d) To the mayor's house in the nearest village
3. Where does Billy time travel to after the Carlbad Caverns?
(a) He returns to basic training.
(b) He travels to the moment of his death.
(c) He travels to another family vacation.
(d) He returns to the POW camp.
4. What was the prized possession of the Commander who captured Billy and Roland?
(a) His ancient rifle
(b) His sheepskin jacket
(c) His golden boots
(d) His pocket watch
5. Why do the Germans laugh at Billy's coat?
(a) He is wearing it backwards
(b) It has lace trim on the cuffs
(c) It is much too small for him
(d) It is made out of blue silk
6. What does Billy compare the guard's railroad car to?
(b) A brothel
(c) A palace
(d) A movie set
7. What are the Tralfamadorans?
(a) A secret society of optometrists.
(b) Aliens that see in four dimensions.
(c) A group of anti-war activists.
(d) People who become Billy's fan club.
8. What surprised the British officers most about the American prisoners?
(a) How nice they were
(b) How tired they looked
(c) How ill-dressed they were
(d) How young they were
9. What play do the English prisoners put on to welcome the Americans?
(d) The Glass Menagerie
10. What did the German soldiers find on Billy when they searched him?
(a) A picture of his girlfriend
(b) His rifle and bayonet
(c) A two-inch pencil stub
(d) The letter from his mother
11. What is unusual about the war movie Billy watches?
(a) It is about Billy's own experiences in the war.
(b) The characters in the movie start talking to Billy.
(c) It plays backwards and then forwards again.
(d) It stars Roland Weary as the hero of the story.
12. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(b) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
(c) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
(d) His father dies in a hunting accident.
13. What does Billy see in the Carlsbad Caverns when the lights are switched off?
(a) Nothing; he is left in total darkness
(b) The silhouette of the Ranger's hat
(c) About a million bats falling out of an opening
(d) His father's pocket watch glowing in the dark
14. What does the Tralfamadoran compare a moment in time to?
(a) A sheet of ice
(b) A bug trapped in amber
(c) A flickering flame
(d) The reflection in a mirror
15. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
(a) He cheats on his wife.
(b) He calls up old girlfriends.
(c) He passes out on the living room rug.
(d) He yells at his best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy time travel to while in the showers?
2. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
3. This took place in:
4. What, according to the Tralfamadoran, is a concept that only appears on Earth?
5. What is unique about the coat Billy Pilgrim gets from the Germans?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)