|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
(b) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
(c) He gets a job delivering phone books.
(d) He settles down and gets married.
2. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(b) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(c) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
(d) He ignores her when she asks questions.
3. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
(a) The Three Musketeers
(b) The Band of Brothers
(c) The Last Warriors
(d) The Lost Souls
4. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) His mother and his sister
(b) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
(c) His best friends back in the United States
(d) His car and his rifle
5. What is unique about the coat Billy Pilgrim gets from the Germans?
(a) It has silver buttons on the collar and cuffs.
(b) It is the only one made from blue fabric.
(c) It's the only coat from a civilian.
(d) It was made to be worn by a woman.
6. What happens when Billy tries to sleep in the railroad car?
(a) The railroad car starts moving too fast to sleep.
(b) The other soldiers tell him to go lie down someplace else.
(c) The guards start searching through the railroad car.
(d) Someone in the darkness starts screaming loudly.
7. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
(a) To the town jail where they were able to wash up
(b) To a stone cottage filled with other prisoners
(c) To the mayor's house in the nearest village
(d) To a local brewery where they were fed sausages
8. Why do the Germans laugh at Billy's coat?
(a) It is made out of blue silk
(b) It is much too small for him
(c) It has lace trim on the cuffs
(d) He is wearing it backwards
9. Which person dies on the railroad trip in Germany?
(a) The hobo
(b) Paul Lazzaro
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) Edgar Derby
10. What was Edgar Derby's job before he joined the army?
(a) He was a high school teacher.
(b) He worked in a toothpaste factory.
(c) He drove a forklift in a warehouse.
(d) He was an advertising executive.
11. Who promises to avenge Roland?
(a) Paul Lazzaro
(b) Billy Pilgrim
(c) The Three Musketeers
(d) Edgar Derby
12. What are the Tralfamadorans?
(a) Aliens that see in four dimensions.
(b) People who become Billy's fan club.
(c) A secret society of optometrists.
(d) A group of anti-war activists.
13. What is unusual about the war movie Billy watches?
(a) It plays backwards and then forwards again.
(b) The characters in the movie start talking to Billy.
(c) It is about Billy's own experiences in the war.
(d) It stars Roland Weary as the hero of the story.
14. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
(b) Nothing would ever be the same.
(c) So it goes.
(d) And that's the end.
15. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) A patrol of German soldiers
(b) American Army Scouts
(c) Bernard O'Hare
(d) The Tralfamadorans
Short Answer Questions
1. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
2. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
3. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
4. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
5. When does Billy make his first public speech?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)