Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why is it unusual for Kurt Vonnegut to appear in this book as a character?
2. Why does Kurt Vonnegut use real information from his life in this book?
3. Why does Vonnegut say this book will be "jumbled and jangled?"
4. What did Kurt Vonnegut learn about the bombing of Dresden when he wrote to the Air Force for details?
5. What was the Children's Crusade?
6. What does the story of Sodom and Gomorrah have to do with Vonnegut's book about Dresden?
7. What does it mean that Billy Pilgrim is "unstuck in time?"
8. When does Billy Pilgrim first experience being unstuck in time?
9. Name some of the places in time that Billy travels to in this chapter.
10. How does Billy describe the Tralfamadorans?
11. What is unusual about the way Tralfamadorans view time?
12. Why did Roland Weary start to beat and kick Billy?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)