|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Billy leave the hospital?
(a) He time travels away to Tralfamadore.
(b) He sneaks out while the nurse is not watching.
(c) He leaves with Barbara and Robert.
(d) He goes to stay with Bertram and Lily at their home.
2. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
(a) He has brain surgery and dreams for two solid days.
(b) He asks about his friends in the POW camp.
(c) He tells the nurses that he has been kidnapped by aliens.
(d) He asks for a telephone and calls his wife.
3. How does Billy start telling people about Tralfamadore?
(a) He writes a book that becomes a bestseller.
(b) By going on a television show and speaking to the host.
(c) He writes a letter to the New York Times.
(d) On a radio show that broadcasts near his hotel.
4. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
(a) To the town jail where they were able to wash up
(b) To the mayor's house in the nearest village
(c) To a local brewery where they were fed sausages
(d) To a stone cottage filled with other prisoners
5. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
(a) They were angry at him for smiling so much.
(b) So they could take a picture of his
(c) They wanted to play hide and seek with him.
(d) They wanted him to help with the gardening.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of book does Vonnegut tell his friend he is writing?
2. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
3. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
4. What is unique about the coat Billy Pilgrim gets from the Germans?
5. What job did Vonnegut have when he was in college?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)