|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
(a) Billy was a great soldier and should be proud of that.
(b) Billy should be proud of his son for joining the Green Berets.
(c) Chaplains are silly and unnecessary in the army.
(d) Billy should not have allowed himself to be captured.
2. What does Billy find in the theater to wear?
(a) Silver boots
(b) Cinderella's gown
(c) A new overcoat
(d) Somebody's fur hat
3. How did Billy Pilgrim learn to swim?
(a) He used to go swimming with other boys in a local creek.
(b) His father threw him into the deep end of a swimming pool.
(c) He was on a sail boat that capsized during a storm.
(d) He took lessons from a girl in a blue swimming suit.
4. What does Billy do after getting to the hospital after the plane crash?
(a) He asks for a telephone and calls his wife.
(b) He asks about his friends in the POW camp.
(c) He has brain surgery and dreams for two solid days.
(d) He tells the nurses that he has been kidnapped by aliens.
5. How did Vonnegut once write an outline for a book?
(a) In the back of a flatbed truck
(b) On a matchbook cover by candlelight
(c) On a roll of wallpaper with a crayon
(d) Typing on a continuous roll of paper
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was in the camp hospital with Billy when he woke up?
2. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
3. What, according to the Tralfamadoran, is a concept that only appears on Earth?
4. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
5. What does Billy dream about in the hospital?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)