|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
(b) It reminds him of the Danube River.
(c) His daughter had never seen a river before.
(d) They want to go swimming in the water.
2. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
(a) Several people from the nearby town
(b) The American army advancing
(c) The hobo's body in the weeds
(d) More prisoners coming into camp
3. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
(a) On Tralfamadore
(b) In a prisoner of war camp
(c) In the backseat of his car
(d) On the front lawn of the house
4. What did Billy know when he boarded the airplane to Montreal?
(a) That he would never return home
(b) That his business was going bankrupt
(c) That his wife was planning to leave him
(d) That the plane was going to crash
5. Why does one of the Germans beat up an American prisoner of war?
(a) He was mimicking one of the other guards.
(b) He was making fun of Billy Pilgrim.
(c) He said something that the German did not like.
(d) He was trying to escape from the POW camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy's doctor advise him to do every day?
2. What response does Campbell get from most of the prisoners?
3. What is the first thing both the Germans and the Tralfamadorans have Billy do?
4. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
5. Who becomes the Head American?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)