|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unusual about the war movie Billy watches?
(a) It is about Billy's own experiences in the war.
(b) It plays backwards and then forwards again.
(c) The characters in the movie start talking to Billy.
(d) It stars Roland Weary as the hero of the story.
2. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
(a) They wanted him to help with the gardening.
(b) So they could take a picture of his
(c) They wanted to play hide and seek with him.
(d) They were angry at him for smiling so much.
3. Which college did Vonnegut attend?
(a) Stanford University
(b) Cornell University
(c) The University of Chicago
(d) The University of Dresden
4. What is the name of the barbershop quartet who perform on the airplane?
(a) The Four-Eyed Bastards
(b) The Four Febs
(c) Sixteen Eyes, No Waiting
(d) The Eyemen
5. What does his father notice about Vonnegut's books?
(a) None of them have been published.
(b) None of them have villains.
(c) Vonnegut has burned every one of them.
(d) They are all about the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the barbershop quartet at the anniversary party remind Billy of?
2. What does the author compare the march of American prisoners to?
3. What does Campbell offer the prisoners if they join the Nazis?
4. What do the Tralfamadorans say when a person dies?
5. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)