|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kilgore Trout doing when Billy first meets him?
(a) Complaining about his book sales
(b) Taking notes for a new novel
(c) Yelling at kids to sell newspapers
(d) Eating lunch at a greasy coffee shop
2. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
(a) More prisoners coming into camp
(b) The American army advancing
(c) Several people from the nearby town
(d) The hobo's body in the weeds
3. Why do the Germans laugh at Billy's coat?
(a) He is wearing it backwards
(b) It is much too small for him
(c) It is made out of blue silk
(d) It has lace trim on the cuffs
4. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
(a) She thinks he got pneumonia.
(b) She thinks he is distracted by grief.
(c) She thinks he is too proud to ask for money.
(d) She thinks he is getting senile.
5. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) breaking an egg.
(b) taking a teapot.
(c) stealing food.
(d) attacking a guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
2. What name does Roland Weary give to the group of lost soldiers?
3. What was it about the Grand Canyon that scared Billy?
4. How do the Tralfamadorans make Billy climb the ladder?
5. Why does one of the Germans beat up an American prisoner of war?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)