|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
(a) To plan how to survive for the next month
(b) To figure out how to built a new latrine
(c) To see another performance of Cinderella
(d) To help elect a leader for their group
2. Why does Billy get a furlough during basic training?
(a) His mother suffers a relapse in the hospital.
(b) His father dies in a hunting accident.
(c) He becomes ill with appendicitis.
(d) He asks to visit his wife before going overseas.
3. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) attacking a guard.
(b) taking a teapot.
(c) stealing food.
(d) breaking an egg.
4. How long does Billy stay locked in a railroad boxcar before it starts moving?
(a) Two days
(b) Ten hours
(c) Five days
(d) One day
5. Who is Barbara Pilgrim?
(a) Billy's mother, who is in a nursing home.
(b) Billy's daughter, who also married an optometrist.
(c) Billy's first wife, who died in a car accident.
(d) Billy's second wife, who left him for another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Billy in 1968?
2. What does Vonnegut compare Dresden to after it has been bombed?
3. Who guards Billy and Edgar Derby as they work in the slaughterhouse?
4. Who does Barbara Pilgrim say she would like to kill?
5. How many novels has Kilgore Trout written?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)