|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only book Billy can read on the trip to Tralfamadore?
(a) The Sorrow and the Pity
(b) The Valley of the Dolls
(c) How Green Was My Valley
(d) The Dollhouse Murders
2. Where is Billy when he wakes up from his dream?
(a) Waiting for his wife to wake up and get dressed
(b) In a mental ward, three years after the war
(c) Back in the Carlsbad Caverns, in the dark
(d) Sitting on his couch, watching a war movie
3. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
(b) And that's the end.
(c) So it goes.
(d) Nothing would ever be the same.
4. What does Billy's doctor advise him to do every day?
(a) Take a long walk
(b) Take a nap
(c) Take anti-depressants
5. Who rescues Billy from being beaten by Roland Weary?
(a) The Tralfamadorans
(b) Bernard O'Hare
(c) A patrol of German soldiers
(d) American Army Scouts
Short Answer Questions
1. Who guards Billy and Edgar Derby as they work in the slaughterhouse?
2. What was Edgar Derby's job before he joined the army?
3. Who was Paul Lazzaro's one friend in the war?
4. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
5. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)