|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(b) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
(c) He ignores her when she asks questions.
(d) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
2. Why does one of the Germans beat up an American prisoner of war?
(a) He said something that the German did not like.
(b) He was trying to escape from the POW camp.
(c) He was mimicking one of the other guards.
(d) He was making fun of Billy Pilgrim.
3. Where did the soldiers take Billy and Roland?
(a) To a local brewery where they were fed sausages
(b) To the town jail where they were able to wash up
(c) To the mayor's house in the nearest village
(d) To a stone cottage filled with other prisoners
4. What do the American prisoners find at the railroad station?
(a) Several people from the nearby town
(b) The hobo's body in the weeds
(c) More prisoners coming into camp
(d) The American army advancing
5. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
(a) He stops drinking and becomes sober.
(b) He becomes a Green Beret in Vietnam.
(c) He settles down and gets married.
(d) He gets a job delivering phone books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the English prisoners give their latrine to the Americans?
2. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
3. Who wrote a fan letter to Kilgore Trout?
4. Kurt Vonnegut tells Mary O'Hare that he is going to call his book:
5. Why did Billy, Paul, and Edgar have to go to the theater from the hospital?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)