|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Polish song remind Billy about?
(a) How much he misses being with his wife
(b) Seeing a Polish farm laborer hung in Dresden
(c) A vacation he took once to Poland
(d) The accent of the Polish prisoners of war
2. What is the only book Billy can read on the trip to Tralfamadore?
(a) The Sorrow and the Pity
(b) How Green Was My Valley
(c) The Valley of the Dolls
(d) The Dollhouse Murders
3. What does Billy see in the Carlsbad Caverns when the lights are switched off?
(a) His father's pocket watch glowing in the dark
(b) Nothing; he is left in total darkness
(c) About a million bats falling out of an opening
(d) The silhouette of the Ranger's hat
4. One of Kurt Vonnegut's war buddies was killed for. . .
(a) stealing food.
(b) breaking an egg.
(c) taking a teapot.
(d) attacking a guard.
5. When does Billy make his first public speech?
(a) To his high school class in 1940
(b) On the radio in 1968
(c) At a Lion's Club dinner in 1957
(d) In the POW camp in 1944
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised the British officers most about the American prisoners?
2. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
3. What does the Marine major tell Billy at the Lion's Club?
4. What does Billy do the night before his daughter's wedding?
5. According to this book, by the late nineteen seventies, the United States of America has been. . .
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)