|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
(a) He wants to see if he can catch a trout.
(b) His daughter had never seen a river before.
(c) They want to go swimming in the water.
(d) It reminds him of the Danube River.
2. What are the Tralfamadorans?
(a) A secret society of optometrists.
(b) A group of anti-war activists.
(c) People who become Billy's fan club.
(d) Aliens that see in four dimensions.
3. What is unique about the coat Billy Pilgrim gets from the Germans?
(a) It was made to be worn by a woman.
(b) It's the only coat from a civilian.
(c) It is the only one made from blue fabric.
(d) It has silver buttons on the collar and cuffs.
4. Where does Billy find himself the morning after he becomes drunk at the party?
(a) On Tralfamadore
(b) On the front lawn of the house
(c) In a prisoner of war camp
(d) In the backseat of his car
5. What does Billy dream about in the hospital?
(a) That he is a giraffe
(b) Flying over the battlefield
(c) Marching next to Roland Weary
(d) Swimming in the Hudson River
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Billy do after he leaves the hospital?
2. What complaint is Billy's doctor trying to relieve?
3. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
4. What does the hobo in Billy's railroad boxcar tell him?
5. What does Vonnegut tell his sons about massacres?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)