|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Billy dream about in the hospital?
(a) Marching next to Roland Weary
(b) Flying over the battlefield
(c) That he is a giraffe
(d) Swimming in the Hudson River
2. What happens to Billy in 1968?
(a) He survives a plane crash and his wife dies.
(b) His father gets into a car accident and nearly dies.
(c) His children try to get him committed to a mental ward.
(d) He is diagnosed with cancer and undergoes surgery.
3. What was Edgar Derby's job before he joined the army?
(a) He was an advertising executive.
(b) He worked in a toothpaste factory.
(c) He was a high school teacher.
(d) He drove a forklift in a warehouse.
4. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
(a) clogs instead of boots.
(b) handcuffs on his wrists.
(c) his hair in a ponytail.
(d) a blanket instead of a coat.
5. What play do the English prisoners put on to welcome the Americans?
(c) The Glass Menagerie
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Vonnegut study in college?
2. Where does Billy time travel to while in the showers?
3. What do the Tralfamadorans do with Billy?
4. What is the only book Billy can read on the trip to Tralfamadore?
5. Why does Vonnegut stop at the Hudson River on the way to see his friend Bernard O'Hare?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)