|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who promises to avenge Roland?
(a) Billy Pilgrim
(b) Paul Lazzaro
(c) Edgar Derby
(d) The Three Musketeers
2. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
(b) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
(c) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
(d) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
3. What is the only book Billy can read on the trip to Tralfamadore?
(a) The Valley of the Dolls
(b) The Sorrow and the Pity
(c) The Dollhouse Murders
(d) How Green Was My Valley
4. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
(b) He ignores her when she asks questions.
(c) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(d) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
5. What question does Billy ask the Tralfamadorans?
(a) Where they are and how they got there.
(b) How his life will end.
(c) Where his mother is.
(d) What life on Trafalmadore is like.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprised the British officers most about the American prisoners?
2. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
3. What, according to Vonnegut, will be the end of this book?
4. How do the Tralfamadorans view time?
5. What does Barbara think is wrong with Billy when she finds him in his cold house?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)