|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mackay's opinion about the Children's Crusade?
(a) It was a bitter waste, but ultimately positive.
(b) It was a glorious event that should be celebrated.
(c) It was only slightly worse than grown-up crusades.
(d) It was a terrible betrayal of the families involved.
2. What was it about the Grand Canyon that scared Billy?
(a) He thought a rock might fall on his head.
(b) It reminded him of the swimming pool.
(c) He could not see the end of it.
(d) He thought he might fall into it.
3. Which person dies on the railroad trip in Germany?
(a) The hobo
(b) Edgar Derby
(c) Paul Lazzaro
(d) Bernard O'Hare
4. By the time they reach Luxembourg, Roland Weary is reduced to wearing. . .
(a) clogs instead of boots.
(b) his hair in a ponytail.
(c) handcuffs on his wrists.
(d) a blanket instead of a coat.
5. Why does Mary O'Hare get angry at Kurt Vonnegut?
(a) He ignores her when she asks questions.
(b) She thinks he is going to glorify soldiers in war.
(c) He gets her husband drunk in the kitchen.
(d) He refuses to drink the tea she offers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Germans take pictures of Roland and Billy?
2. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
3. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
4. What question does the Frenchman ask about the Grand Canyon?
5. Why does one of the Germans beat up an American prisoner of war?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)