|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does the Frenchman ask about the Grand Canyon?
(a) How many species living in the canyon had gone extinct
(b) If many people commit suicide by jumping into the canyon
(c) If you could go white water rafting on the river
(d) If there were any good hotels inside the canyon itself
2. Vonnegut dedicates the book to Mary O'Hare and Gerhard Müller. Who is Gerhard Müller?
(a) A taxi-driver in Dresde
(b) A policeman in Chicago
(c) The author of a book on massacres
(d) A guard in the prison camp
3. What does Billy do when he gets drunk at the party in 1961?
(a) He yells at his best friend.
(b) He calls up old girlfriends.
(c) He passes out on the living room rug.
(d) He cheats on his wife.
4. Why do the Germans laugh at Billy's coat?
(a) It is much too small for him
(b) It is made out of blue silk
(c) He is wearing it backwards
(d) It has lace trim on the cuffs
5. What are the subjects of Roland Weary's most treasured picture?
(a) His best friends back in the United States
(b) His car and his rifle
(c) A naked woman and a Shetland pony
(d) His mother and his sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to the Tralfamadoran, is a concept that only appears on Earth?
2. How does Billy's son Robert straighten out his life?
3. Which person dies on the railroad trip in Germany?
4. What play do the English prisoners put on to welcome the Americans?
5. Why did the German soldiers throw Billy into a shrubbery?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)